Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Honest question, is Lyon ok health wise?
I know he's on a good wicket, but his roster is pretty wild. Getting up at 4am to host breakfast radio, and then staying up to host a Monday night tv show until 7.30pm. Then there's the weekend, when he must be clocking off around 11pm for every prime time match he commentates. Guess he must spend a third of the year sleeping through the off-season.

While Simpkin should be sole captain, and should have been this whole time, to be honest I am starting to see the game begin to go past him and he can’t even find a permanent spot in our midfield, and if we shuffle the decks around a little more to top up our talent pool it may be hard for him to find a spot at all once we really start firing which I think may be in as soon as 2 years.

Sheezel will be captain, it’s a matter of when and not if. I am certain of this, but the question is how long would Simpkin be captain for and have it be meaningful? I can’t see it being more than 2 years, and in those 2 years Sheezel WILL surpass him and he’s steadily becoming the main man, frankly its a dilemma.

I think North made a mistake with co-captaincies, it was utterly pointless and the process of doing so was a popularity contest amongst the boys when it should be criteria based committee and merit-based.

If Simpkin is to be sole captain, I think it’ll be a short run.
Jesus. Two years!!! Maaaate....

Jy was crucial in this game.

The game hasn't gone past him. Give him the next two or three years as captain, he might win a premiership, and when Harry's ready he'll take the reins.

Sub forums are the pits of hell
Yeah but one that's dedicated to GR's stuff with links in the main thread would be great. It would be sequential in order so it would be heaps easier to find stuff if you knew the approximate date.

Be more work for him tho and he already does more than enough.

Yeah but one that's dedicated to GR's stuff with links in the main thread would be great. It would be sequential in order so it would be heaps easier to find stuff if you knew the approximate date.

Some other clubs' supporters have designated threads with just news, no discussion.

I reckon that's not a bad idea.

We can self-police it ourselves by not posting in it unless its news.

It would also make it super convenient and easy for rights owners to find where their copyright content is being uploaded and shut it all down.

It would also make it super convenient and easy for rights owners to find where their copyright content is being uploaded and shut it all down.
Yes. We all remember the youtube disgrace.

Thread full of links might work. Especially if other people posted the links to the original post by GR and the title was something innocuous like "What I did on the weekend for my holidays."

Jesus. Two years!!! Maaaate....

Jy was crucial in this game.

The game hasn't gone past him. Give him the next two or three years as captain, he might win a premiership, and when Harry's ready he'll take the reins.

Must have missed those inside 50’s that hit 3 kanga chests

Or the one handed clearance in the last

This isn't a solution - but this link below will get you videos posted by GR sorted by date:
It’s nice but it’s only about a third of the content he posts.

That is my concern, I don’t want to make more work for GR, he already does an amazing job providing the videos, article and other media stuff, I just think it would nice to be able find them again without spending 20 minutes searching through pages and pages of the “less exciting” posts. 😊

BTW is there an equivalent video master on the other clubs forums (a giantcrow or giantdog for example) or are we the lucky ones?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's positive, although it hasn't been against any top 8 sides.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting a dip this week; we've been up for a while, and the Swans will be breathing fire
Yeah I'm expecting a dip with a young side against three top five teams the next 3 weeks. That's a tough task and the boys will probably be a bit fatigued after a solid block of games at such high intensity that young sides can't sustain.
We'll get a bit of a reality check like the Hawks got against Cats but I'm hoping they just keep sticking to the process and bring effort and pressure and if those top 5 teams are just too classy and cut us up then so be it.
I'd like to see a bit more damage from our clearances though with better F50 entries, that's an area of growth for us.

I know he's on a good wicket, but his roster is pretty wild. Getting up at 4am to host breakfast radio, and then staying up to host a Monday night tv show until 7.30pm. Then there's the weekend, when he must be clocking off around 11pm for every prime time match he commentates. Guess he must spend a third of the year sleeping through the off-season.
Doesn't do Monday or Friday mornings anymore.

While Simpkin should be sole captain, and should have been this whole time, to be honest I am starting to see the game begin to go past him and he can’t even find a permanent spot in our midfield, and if we shuffle the decks around a little more to top up our talent pool it may be hard for him to find a spot at all once we really start firing which I think may be in as soon as 2 years.

Sheezel will be captain, it’s a matter of when and not if. I am certain of this, but the question is how long would Simpkin be captain for and have it be meaningful? I can’t see it being more than 2 years, and in those 2 years Sheezel WILL surpass him and he’s steadily becoming the main man, frankly its a dilemma.

I think North made a mistake with co-captaincies, it was utterly pointless and the process of doing so was a popularity contest amongst the boys when it should be criteria based committee and merit-based.

If Simpkin is to be sole captain, I think it’ll be a short run.
Insert Billy Maddison meme about everyone being dumber for having to read this shit

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN
Needs more wrinkles.

Nivea or L'occataine Shea Bitter Creme might have missed a great advertising opportunity I reckon.

Last edited:
Oh goodness, Cowro vs Kennett on Footy Calcified... aka: 2 people continuously talking crap over each other!

Lots of Clarko mentions, but nothing remotely sane.
The noteworthy piece from this was Jeff sprouting that Hawthorn made $70m from their investment in the "entertainment" industry.
Don't know that it's correct for an ambassador of Beyond Blue to be referring to pokie machines as entertainment....

The noteworthy piece from this was Jeff sprouting that Hawthorn made $70m from their investment in the "entertainment" industry.
Don't know that it's correct for an ambassador of Beyond Blue to be referring to pokie machines as entertainment....
fAMiLy cLUb

Oh goodness, Cowro vs Kennett on Footy Calcified... aka: 2 people continuously talking crap over each other!

Lots of Clarko mentions, but nothing remotely sane.
I didn't listen to a word either of them said. I was so fascinated by Jeff's facelift.

Do you think he used the same surgeon as Newman and Warnie?

Gee he speaks well to the players, you see they are all eyes on him.

Tells Scott- well done some crucial contests late in the game. (Que for Nostrils to got to sack clarko thread and go on repeat🤔)

Tbh I thought Clarko mumbled and waffled through that address a fair bit. I think he could have got his points across more concisely which would have been more inspiring and uplifting than what it ended up being.

Tbh I thought Clarko mumbled and waffled through that address a fair bit. I think he could have got his points across more concisely which would have been more inspiring and uplifting than what it ended up being.
Give us an example of what he should have said and what was the ‘waffle’ part?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back