Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus. Two years!!! Maaaate....

Jy was crucial in this game.

The game hasn't gone past him. Give him the next two or three years as captain, he might win a premiership, and when Harry's ready he'll take the reins.

I didn’t say it has gone past him, I’m saying it will, perhaps sooner than we anticipate and Harry will surpass him quicker in 2 years. And I said give him 2 years at most for captaincy, but I think also a 2 year captaincy may feel redundant against Sheezel’s exponential rise.
Insert Billy Maddison meme about everyone being dumber for having to read this shit

You’re dumb for not reading it properly. If you’re gonna get uppity and talk shit make a case against it, I don’t see where I’m wrong.

Oh goodness, Cowro vs Kennett on Footy Calcified... aka: 2 people continuously talking crap over each other!

Lots of Clarko mentions, but nothing remotely sane.

Was about as constructive a conversation as the Monty Python 'argument clinic' sketch. Honestly I thought Caro and Mclure managed to make Jeff look like a sympathetic character for that 14 minutes, which is a truly colossal achievement of super-villainry.

Kennet is so full of the brown stuff that the 'give em enough rope' technique is all you needed to use to come out on top (see the SEN interview for an example of that done well). Is she really that much of a clueless hack journo, or was the mandate to simply shout at Jeff until he is perceptibly shaking with rage cos that will make good telly and the clip will get clicks on social media?

"The Roos are like Fleabag from Fleabag."

Well that's about the most left field, and funniest, simile I've seen about us.
Hopefully, we have the same resilience as she has in spades. We’ve certainly encountered similar “circumstances” in the past… 🤣

The game hasn't gone past him. Give him the next two or three years as captain, he might win a premiership, and when Harry's ready he'll take the reins.
Jy has had a very tough couple of years of concussions and stop/start appearances. It is a huge credit to him that he’s playing so well right now - in my view.

Hard agree. Jy has been very good since the bye. He’s obviously not as inately talented as the rest of the midfield crew coming through, but his attack at the ball has been important, and when he has kicked goals the reaction of the boys indicates their genuine will for him to be the leader he can be and is starting to be. Plenty of time for Sheez - Jy as captain and Sheez as vice next year, and then a transition a couple of years or so after that.

Last edited:
I started watching the Kennett “interview” on X. I stopped after a few minutes - not for the reason that most people are saying here or on X. Jeff is a politician, first and foremost. His sole goal was to talk himself up for the entire interview. If Caro hadn’t tried to interrupt him, nobody would have said anything, except Jeff. She was on a hiding to nothing. Their biggest mistake was inviting him on in the first place. They never stood a chance. This sort of infuriating carry on occurs day in, day out when seasoned politicians are interviewed. Caro et al were way out of their league. Who do they think they are - Kerry O’Brien?! Lambs to the slaughter.

Hard agree. Jy has been very good since the bye. He’s obviously not as inanely talented as the rest of the midfield crew coming through, but his attack at the ball has been important, and when he has kicked goals the reaction of the boys indicates their genuine will for him to be the leader he can be and is starting to be. Plenty of time for Sheez - Jy as captain and Sheez as vice next year, and then a transition a couple of years or so after that.
hell yeah. I think Sheezel could handle it no problem, but let the kid play without the responsibility
Jy has a couple of years to captain a side hopefully going places. He deserves it after some of the crap he's had to deal with over the last few years

hell yeah. I think Sheezel could handle it no problem, but let the kid play without the responsibility
Jy has a couple of years to captain a side hopefully going places. He deserves it after some of the crap he's had to deal with over the last few years

spot on

Stop it. Breathe in. There is no downside to this… 🤣✔️

When we are winning every week and oppo supporters sooks about the unfair assistance, all that will do is reinforce the AFL's position that there should be no more assistance for teams at the bottom of the ladder followed by those very same oppo supporters who are sooking. It's all upside. 🤣

Last edited:
When we are winning every week and oppo supporter sooks about the unfair assistance, all that will do is reinforce the AFL's position that there should be no more assistance for teams at the bottom of the ladder followed by those very same oppo supporters who are sooking. It's all upside. 🤣
when I hear oppo fans having a whinge about our assistance i will give it my considered thought and tell them to go stick it up their ar$e sideways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
When we are winning every week and oppo supporters sooks about the unfair assistance, all that will do is reinforce the AFL's position that there should be no more assistance for teams at the bottom of the ladder followed by those very same oppo supporters who are sooking. It's all upside. 🤣
They will cry out that they only want what North got - multiple pick ones, pick two on top and a parade of other first rounders. If it's fair for North then every other club should be able to get the same priority picks and assistance packages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back