Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s not take it so seriously.
Did you watch Simmo's press conference yesterday? Did you see his swipe at Mitch Woodcock? Did you see the West Australian's front page today? Yeah let's not take it too seriously the media are just having a laugh it's all fun and games nobody gets hurt.

The last player drafted by West Coast - including the full national draft, rookie draft, PSD or MSD - to have made it to 50 games is Bailey Williams, who has played 65 games since being drafted in 2018.

Meanwhile their first pick in 2019 was at number 49, and in 2020 it was 52.

I don't want to say they did it to themselves but, well....
It’s like handing in your 20th century history paper in year 11 with the contention that Gavrilo Princip is responsible for World War 1.

Way to deliberately ignore the context there, “Journalist”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Senior guys"

LDU - 25, Souv - 26, CZ - 26, X - 25, Jy - 26, Bailey Scott - turned 24 yesterday. Griff is only 26 too.

None of them are over 27. They don't really become "senior players" till next year.

Our senior players are Shiels and Greenwood (32), Corr and Lmac (29) and Tucker (27).
We just gotta land another talented KPF 200cm size.

We bring in Zane and he is what we want for a pick 4 we have an elite forward line, we will if not already have an elite midfield, and with Chom and Griff we can have an elite defense.

Another top 3 pick this year, hopefully a small forward as well. I tell you there is a flag in this team in the next 3 years.

In summary give us Oscar Allen, Zane become Bailey Fritsch type which he should at pick 4 and we have some decent luck with everything else I think we have a flag in 3 years.

Last edited:
We just gotta land another talented KPF 200cm size.

We bring in Zane and he is what we want for a pick 4 we have an elite forward line, we will if not already have an elite midfield, and with Chom and Griff we can have an elite defense.

Another top 3 pick this year, hopefully a small forward as well. I tell you there is a flag in this team in the next 3 years.

Would be nice, but not an essential. Larkey, Curtis, Zurhaar, Dursmaa, with Sheezel rotating in, is a very talented forward line. A Teakle type adds the structure we need. Just need a super fast forward to make it really dangerous.

In saying that, I reckon we are going to try to get Will Dawson to be our next KPF.

Would be nice, but not an essential. Larkey, Curtis, Zurhaar, Dursmaa, with Sheezel rotating in, is a very talented forward line. A Teakle type adds the structure we need. Just need a super fast forward to make it really dangerous.

In saying that, I reckon we are going to try to get Will Dawson to be our next KPF.
Our existing forward line with Zane becoming Bailey isn’t elite though. With another good KPF we can have a elite forward line.

We will have an elite midfield.

I think Chom will be an elite CBF and Griff is a gun.

Name Collingwood’s elite KPFs from last year’s Grand Final.
Feel like we are getting in the weeds here, I don’t think the Pies have an elite forward line.

I don’t think you have to have a elite forward line to win a flag, I am just saying with what I suggested we would have an elite forward line.

Has anyone found anything else about this whole incident today?
According to the local media:

“I love Home and Away”

Never knew simmo loved summer bay so much 🤷‍♂️

Did you watch Simmo's press conference yesterday? Did you see his swipe at Mitch Woodcock? Did you see the West Australian's front page today? Yeah let's not take it too seriously the media are just having a laugh it's all fun and games nobody gets hurt.
I was specifically referring to your take on Damo in that clip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back