Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I was specifically referring to your take on Damo in that clip.
Yes I know that. My point by using that example is that the media have a certain responsibility to treat the people, and the very thing that provides them with an income, with a certain level of respect.

Damo is a c*nt and has been slagging off the club every single week for the best part of 10 years now. This has had a detrimental effect on the club, players, presidents, staff and us supporters.

Each to their own but I don’t think that after 10 years of Damo being an arseh*le that just because he says something positive about us it’s all of a sudden funny.

Last edited:

If our midfield will be good as we all hope it will be, we can get away with Larkey and an additional moderately good forward. It’s not ideal but consider West Coast 2006:

Cox, Judd, Cousins and Kerr (all time midfield)

KPFs: Quinten Lynch (good player), Ashley Hansen (pretty average)

Now they also had a great backline with Beau Waters and Darren Glass.

The point I’m making is there’s plenty of precedent of not having two amazing key forwards and winning premierships.

Alternatively, Geelong recently won a flag with dominant forwards Hawkins and Cameron and a great back line with not the most impressive midfielders

On the key forward: of Dawson can crash packs and bring the ball to ground in dangerous spots, that is half the battle.

On the small: just do whatever necessary to get Kako.

HF: Duursma Dawson Curtis
F: Teakle/Ford Larkey Kako

A good spread of skills: enough marking, toughness, speed and goal kicking power there to stretch teams.

Ford to play high half forward/wing when Teakle is forward, Ford pushes deeper when Teakle is in the ruck.

In saying this, we still need some more high end KPF talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the key forward: of Dawson can crash packs and bring the ball to ground in dangerous spots, that is half the battle.

A good spread of skills: enough marking, toughness, speed and goal kicking power there to stretch teams.

Ford to play high half forward/wing when Teakle is forward, Ford pushes deeper when Teakle is in the ruck.

I tend to agree. If there was some way to get someone like Aaron Naughton I’d do it (I think his big body, contested mark, crash pack style would complement Larkey’s lead into space style nicely)

But I’m now in the place that a speedy and dangerous small forward should be the priority. I like Curtis and Ford a lot of course. But a manic, speedy, goal threat in the mix would make us a lot better. I also feel like acquiring one is a more realistic possibility and drafting one could have a more immediate impact than a slow burn development key position player that takes years to fill out their frame and develop their craft.

If our midfield will be good as we all hope it will be, we can get away with Larkey and an additional moderately good forward. It’s not ideal but consider West Coast 2006:

The point I’m making is there’s plenty of precedent of not having two amazing key forwards and winning premierships.

Alternatively, Geelong recently won a flag with dominant forwards Hawkins and Cameron and a great back line with not the most impressive midfielders
Think lynch and Hansen should be around the other way, Hansen was a good lead up forward… lynch was great at… eating

Are we moving Zurhaar to half back?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That Wet Toast team won by a solitary point.

If they had 2 star forwards, they may have won by 7 goals...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back