Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hung on watching Front Bar last night even though Lehmo was on, then they brought out Chris Judd as the main guest. Such a dislikeable and dull man, that was too much.
What a perfect match Chris and Bec are.

Just hung on watching Front Bar last night even though Lehmo was on, then they brought out Chris Judd as the main guest. Such a dislikeable and dull man, that was too much.
I don't know how you managed to watch it H2H. I can't bring myself to watch any of the footy shows, but this one is especially terrible.

Isn't he poking around the edges of a political career as a Liberal candidate these days? His wife has certainly laid the groundwork with her unofficial role as Brighton's neighbourhood watch captain

"Meanwhile, North Melbourne has been the club most likely to blow a massive advantage in 2024. Of the top seven biggest leads in a loss this season, three of them belong to the Roos – 54 points against Collingwood in round 14, 35 points against West Coast last Saturday and 33 points against Fremantle in round two."

I know this is a negative, but I think it is glass half empty negativity. For a club that has been rock bottom for so long, the way I read it is that we played good enough footy to make clubs like Fremantle and Collingwood look mediocre and get to a significant lead.

Yes, we have to look at what goes wrong when we lose momentum and can't get it back but I think for a club that used to get annihilated on a weekly basis the conversation should be that we played fantastic footy to build those leads and what do we need to do in order to be able to sustain that for an entire game... because if we can get 54 points up in a half against Collingwood and 33 against Freo then there is significant upside if we can transition that to a four quarter performance.
That's in a year where we are the youngest side in the comp (iirc) and rely on players like Liam Shiels (who is probably past it) for experience on field.

You're right, there's alot in that to be positive about.

Having Cornes at a NMFC function is actually really disappointing. He has been consistent in his s******ing, disparaging and general disrespect of our coach, our players and our club. He will be pocketing 5k for this to put that in perspective.

It’s beyond tine deaf from the club and for us that love North and I might add contribute through multiple family memberships over many years, I for one find it a real kick in the guts by the club
What a monumental **** up by the club.
Talk about tone deaf.
The two constant voices who shit canned us.
Who is responsible for this shit? McDonald events?
More ammo for the Sack Jen Watts thread tbh

They've just announced Eskimo Joe as the headline act at the North Melbourne Grand Final Breakfast. That's Freo supporting Eskimo Joe. Won't somebody think of the children? Surely we have to sack Jen Watts for this.

From earlier this week:

SEN’s Rising Star votes - Round 22 -​

3: Nate Caddy (ESS)
2: Colby McKercher (NM)
1: Calsher Dear (HAW)

Who missed: Sam Banks, Darcy Jones and Ollie Dempsey were all considered.

Leaderboard - Round 22​

13: Ollie Dempsey (GEE)
13: Harley Reid (WCE)
13: Colby McKercher (NM)
11: Matthew Roberts (SYD)
10: George Wardlaw (NM)
8: Sam Darcy (WB)
5: Ryley Sanders (WB)
5: Kai Lohmann (BRI)
5: Darcy Wilson (STK)
5: Caleb Windsor (MEL)
5: Bodhi Uwland (GCS)

It's only one outlet's opinion, but what's especially interesting is that Colby is ahead of George and equal first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't he poking around the edges of a political career as a Liberal candidate these days? His wife has certainly laid the groundwork with her unofficial role as Brighton's neighbourhood watch captain
she is a champion of the middle class with real worries and perfect voice to annunciate the cost of living pressures facing real Australians.

From earlier this week:

SEN’s Rising Star votes - Round 22 -​

3: Nate Caddy (ESS)
2: Colby McKercher (NM)
1: Calsher Dear (HAW)

Who missed: Sam Banks, Darcy Jones and Ollie Dempsey were all considered.

Leaderboard - Round 22​

13: Ollie Dempsey (GEE)
13: Harley Reid (WCE)
13: Colby McKercher (NM)
11: Matthew Roberts (SYD)
10: George Wardlaw (NM)
8: Sam Darcy (WB)
5: Ryley Sanders (WB)
5: Kai Lohmann (BRI)
5: Darcy Wilson (STK)
5: Caleb Windsor (MEL)
5: Bodhi Uwland (GCS)

It's only one outlet's opinion, but what's especially interesting is that Colby is ahead of George and equal first.
don't think it's crazy at all. I think McKercher has had a better season than Wardlaw.
I know Wardlaw has missed games but he has had more down games than McKercher who has been very consistent.

Having Cornes at a NMFC function is actually really disappointing. He has been consistent in his s******ing, disparaging and general disrespect of our coach, our players and our club. He will be pocketing 5k for this to put that in perspective.

It’s beyond tine deaf from the club and for us that love North and I might add contribute through multiple family memberships over many years, I for one find it a real kick in the guts by the club

Mate - he’s a pantomime act; don’t take it so seriously!

If you had a mate that wanted to be a fireman and couldn’t hack it, so found a job in the media getting paid well to be a pantomime villain for laughs, you wouldn’t begrudge him. That’s Corne.

If getting that act to a north gig helps the club sell tickets, win-win, provided no one takes it all more seriously than it needs to be (being not at all!).

Could give LDU a few tips about kicking goals on the run, one our best ever at it imo
There was some highlight package of him floating around a couple of months ago, bloke could play 💪💙🤍💙

It was a tough watch however his highlights at west coast were immense. It reminded me so much of LDU but the main difference being LDU isn’t clinical kicking the goals like Judd did.

Nah it just fused 2 North motifs together nicely.

The unrequited love for a player who really should be at North Melbourne.

The famous "waving as we past" rush we'll experience flying up the ladder one day.
Copium and Hope (hopium?)

There is such a want to believe that we will be good in the future because what we have been (therefore are currently) is basically pus. We all to varying degrees fall into this.

For every argument of us taking steps forward this year, we are on the same wins and worse % than we finished on last year.

I have no doubt on a long enough timeline that things will turn. The alternative is we will cease to be the NMFC.

So we wind up in this vortex of we will be good then, some arbitrary point in the future that is non quantifiable. Because if we continue to delay when we are actually going to be good at some point the forecasting will become correct.

In terms of getting a BFNAAK from another side, folly. Amazed if it happens, amazed at our stupidity to wait for it if it is a recruiting strategy.

Rather than Caddy we would likely be better off trading down 2 into a pick in the top 10 and a pick in the top 20 and taking Armstrong or similar early in the draft this year.

Making the idea of pursuing Caddy moot.

Two notifications so far today from the club that have me grabbing my phone as quick as I can. I want notifications on LDU and Bailey’s contract not Clarko’s presser and Eskimo Joe please NMFC!

LOL...31 and 2 goals not enough?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Gotta be pre-emptive of Harry not playing this weekend.

31 and 2 with 16 minutes on the bench in the second quarter and 2 quarters on one leg.

certified numpty this bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back