Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I make a suggestion?

giantroo needs to have his own sub forum where he can place his videos, articles etc. in a separate thread for each round. Too many of them get lost in these super large threads and it's impossible to locate them.
GRNN = GiantRoo News Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is despite performing well in the midfield our inside 50 numbers are below average on a weekly basis.

Edit - we are last for inside 50s by a fair way.
I don’t disagree with this but to be fair the weekend’s numbers were skewed by the last quarter. And they were only skewed because we defended so well. When you defend an entry there’s a good chance it comes back in, in this day and age.

It was a bit like that. Christ can't imagine when we are winning all the time 😂
As I said earlier, when we're winning consistently, they'll all be trying to chop us down (tall poppy syndrome) and refer back to the assistance we were given. **** em!

About 1 is my guess
You may be right, but I think the AFL will be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't give Sheezel, LDU, Wardlaw, McKercher and Curtis some primetime exposure to show their wares.

Last edited:

While Simpkin should be sole captain, and should have been this whole time, to be honest I am starting to see the game begin to go past him and he can’t even find a permanent spot in our midfield, and if we shuffle the decks around a little more to top up our talent pool it may be hard for him to find a spot at all once we really start firing which I think may be in as soon as 2 years.

Sheezel will be captain, it’s a matter of when and not if. I am certain of this, but the question is how long would Simpkin be captain for and have it be meaningful? I can’t see it being more than 2 years, and in those 2 years Sheezel WILL surpass him and he’s steadily becoming the main man, frankly its a dilemma.

I think North made a mistake with co-captaincies, it was utterly pointless and the process of doing so was a popularity contest amongst the boys when it should be criteria based committee and merit-based.

If Simpkin is to be sole captain, I think it’ll be a short run.

While Simpkin should be sole captain, and should have been this whole time, to be honest I am starting to see the game begin to go past him and he can’t even find a permanent spot in our midfield, and if we shuffle the decks around a little more to top up our talent pool it may be hard for him to find a spot at all once we really start firing which I think may be in as soon as 2 years.

Sheezel will be captain, it’s a matter of when and not if. I am certain of this, but the question is how long would Simpkin be captain for and have it be meaningful? I can’t see it being more than 2 years, and in those 2 years Sheezel WILL surpass him and he’s steadily becoming the main man, frankly its a dilemma.

I think North made a mistake with co-captaincies, it was utterly pointless and the process of doing so was a popularity contest amongst the boys when it should be criteria based committee and merit-based.

If Simpkin is to be sole captain, I think it’ll be a short run.
Iv been against both current captains doing it again next year but i could make a case for Jy Captain Harry VC for one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back