Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not rightly so.

If Landsberger was on his phone crossing the street and stepped in front of the truck, the truckie hadn't run a red light/zebra, etc, and tested negative for breath and saliva analysis, why should he give up blood samples? In case he had a line of coke a week ago at a bucks party or was on blood thinners?

If I knew I had done everything right and passed all in situ tests, I'd be pretty ****ing ropeable if they wanted me to trot off to the hospital for blood tests while still in shock that you'd just accidentally killed someone.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really? Fair enough i suppose, but I reckon I'd be more than happy to help resolve a situation where someone has died.

IMG_6705.jpeg

congrats to mckercher and wardlaw for making the team! even bigger congratulations to our superstar harry “sheezus christ superstar” sheezel for being named vice captain, still hard to believe this kid is only in his second year! curtis and powell made the squad but unfortunately didn’t make the final team.

side note- JUG and sam darcy named at CHF and FF will be a scary proposition for most teams in the future as we all witnessed on sunday.

Last edited:
Why does anything need to be picked up? If someone walks out in front of a truck, we have to ruin the drivers life too? If he was found to have done something wrong, culpable, then sure? But if he hasn’t, why?
Theres some things that breatho and drug tests can't pick up on the spot. Bloods will show if he was using stimulants and other drugs that the on the spot screening can't.

There's been no confirmation that Sam "just" walked out in front of a truck, these tests help to eliminate any fault of the driver. You say why ruin the drivers life too, well if he was at fault, why would you just let it slide?
As I mentioned in my first post, it's part of the process when involved in these types of accidents, it's not like they're carting every second person who runs up the back of another car off to have bloods done.

As to your question about the police taking bloods, they don't, it's done by a medical professional.

Theres some things that breatho and drug tests can't pick up on the spot. Bloods will show if he was using stimulants and other drugs that the on the spot screening can't.

There's been no confirmation that Sam "just" walked out in front of a truck, these tests help to eliminate any fault of the driver. You say why ruin the drivers life too, well if he was at fault, why would you just let it slide?
As I mentioned in my first post, it's part of the process when involved in these types of accidents, it's not like they're carting every second person who runs up the back of another car off to have bloods done.

As to your question about the police taking bloods, they don't, it's done by a medical professional.
Or by a police md. Its in the act.

What happens if you take an illegal drug like cannabis a week ago, you’re no longer under the influence, but it shows up in the blood test after an accident. Would you automatically be at fault?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the point of contention here is whether or not trace amounts in the blood would be considered enough to record a DUI charge/determine fault.

I'll put my hand up here though and admit I have no knowledge on the subject.

The seven percent of people who didn't have Harry Sheezel in their best 22 should never be allowed to attend a football match again.
And more than 10% did not have Daicos, Andrew or Jamarra in their team.
I didn't have Amiss in there as thought the three other talls with Sheez, Dempsey and Ginni was my forward mix.
I had Powell in for Rachele. Otherwise it was pretty close to my team from memory.

What happens if you take an illegal drug like cannabis a week ago, you’re no longer under the influence, but it shows up in the blood test after an accident. Would you automatically be at fault?

No. They determine impairment.

If the drugs/alcohol in your system is less than a certain level so as not to impair you, it’s ok.

But I think it’s a blood test that determines that

Then go live somewhere else if you don't trust the cops. They don't do the blood test. The hospital folk do it.
"doctor" means a registered medical practitioner and includes a police surgeon.

With not knowing any facts to the incident. You watch the prosecution attempt to hold this driver culpable because he refused a test.

"doctor" means a registered medical practitioner and includes a police surgeon.

With not knowing any facts to the incident. You watch the prosecution attempt to hold this driver culpable because he refused a test.
Nothing to hide? Obey the law and have the test. Simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back