Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is no evidence to accurately determine a relationship between blood thc concentration and impairment while driving. Last time I checked (2 years ago) legal "impairment" levels were randomly determined tho there is an association between higher blood concentrations and potential impairment that hasn't been properly determined.

Its not like a bac over 0.08 which has decades of data and testing to support it.

Not sure about specific drugs but I just remember the cops telling me after the guy crashed into my wife’s car that whilst he had drugs in his system they weren’t at levels high enough to cause the accident and it was speed and his mental state that were the cause.

As such DUI wasn’t part of his sentencing.

Re thc specially, I spoke with a toxicologist at a major hospital as we were sharing a dooby how long it would be until I could drive. He said it’s different for everyone but 8 hours was a very conservative time to wait.

For me personally, I couldn’t stand to be behind the wheel under the influence of thc. So I don’t ever drive. Yet I have friends who will hit a vape and then drive like it’s nothing.

That said, I’ve had a smoke at say 10pm and then driven at 7am after waking up, showering, eating etc. there is no way that that impairs my driving. If it did I wouldn’t do it. So while it might be detectable it doesn’t impair in that situation.

Have you seen that TV series, "Scales of Justice"? It's on Youtube (it was at some stage anyway).

I used to share a house (allegedly) with a cop. Him and his mates would always wear the discount suit when they went to Billy Guyetts or Retravision to buy stuff like TVs and VCRs etc.

Even fish n chips or pizza or a packet of **** down at the corner shop.
I've sat and watched them peel buds off plants during the chopper raids up north and then stash the seperately away from the plants that they took into town to present to the media and their bosses. Bags of buds, kilos and kilos.

I always wondered why they'd have these reports about huge busts of mature pot and then show photos of plants hanging up with no heads on them.

I'm not even gonna talk about some of the other things I've seen or found out about over the years.

Not sure about specific drugs but I just remember the cops telling me after the guy crashed into my wife’s car that whilst he had drugs in his system they weren’t at levels high enough to cause the accident and it was speed and his mental state that were the cause.

As such DUI wasn’t part of his sentencing.

Re thc specially, I spoke with a toxicologist at a major hospital as we were sharing a dooby how long it would be until I could drive. He said it’s different for everyone but 8 hours was a very conservative time to wait.

For me personally, I couldn’t stand to be behind the wheel under the influence of thc. So I don’t ever drive. Yet I have friends who will hit a vape and then drive like it’s nothing.

That said, I’ve had a smoke at say 10pm and then driven at 7am after waking up, showering, eating etc. there is no way that that impairs my driving. If it did I wouldn’t do it. So while it might be detectable it doesn’t impair in that situation.
In the fire brigade up north we went to all serious mvas in a particular area. Over 50% of people on those roads were regular pot users and yet we had a very low rate of accidents and two fatalities in 20 years from drivers. It sounds counter intuitive and I'm not 100% saying this is the case but it sure seems like the accident rate was lower and the fatality rate was lower in an area where there was really high (Pun intended) use of pot.

BTW Coca cola, aniseed myrtle, white fisherman's friends and Biotene are all (allegedly) ways around a swab test so I can understand why they'd want blood tests at an accident even if they'd done the swabs.

If I was getting paid a shit wage on a shit roster to be the first responder to domestic violence call-outs, I’d want some perks for my trouble too.
Yeah, that's how it starts, then you end up with NSW coppers running the biggest chop shop in the state.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, considering Kayo doesn't work properly at the moment for a lot of people, I wonder how its gonna work when the 'Super Saturdays' are on. Streams will crash constantly.
It sucks.

Why can we have multiple netflix screens going at once with no problem, but as soon a kayo hits the screen, it's a buffer fest.
I have to run around the house screaming for everyone to get on data, hoping to be able to watch a buffer free game. It never happens, though.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why does anything need to be picked up? If someone walks out in front of a truck, we have to ruin the drivers life too? If he was found to have done something wrong, culpable, then sure? But if he hasn’t, why?
My concern is that it has been reported that Sam was talking to his mother on his mobile when he was hit. Need to wait until all details of the accident are revealed.

There’s a thingy fire stick and this dude comes around and sets it up. Well in Melbourne . It is kayo , fox footy . Stan , Binge, Netflix, and every other gawd damned streaming service you can think of.

And yes it works and yes it’s been around for a long time . 200 one off payment for the fire stick and a 200 yearly subscription fee . First year 400 every other year 200.

Also, considering Kayo doesn't work properly at the moment for a lot of people, I wonder how its gonna work when the 'Super Saturdays' are on. Streams will crash constantly.

Really?

Never ever had an issue in 5 years of having it.

We are on fibre to the house whether that matters or not

There’s a thingy fire stick and this dude comes around and sets it up. Well in Melbourne . It is kayo , fox footy . Stan , Binge, Netflix, and every other gawd damned streaming service you can think of.

And yes it works and yes it’s been around for a long time . 200 one off payment for the fire stick and a 200 yearly subscription fee . First year 400 every other year 200.
Ive heard of this but never been able to run into the man? Hook a brother up

Really?

Never ever had an issue in 5 years of having it.

We are on fibre to the house whether that matters or not
Of course that matters, people on 5G dont have issues either. But we live in a third world internet country. Rwanda has better infrastructure than us. Thanks Malcom

But do I still get reward points and $12.50 movie tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back