Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

All in Robbo's top 50 players.
50 players divided by 18 clubs is like 2.75 players per club. Considering we finished second last again, that’s not bad.

Saying that, Robbo sees double quite a lot, so it’s more like a top 100.

In 2 years time (end of the 2026 season) which North players make a Top 50?

LDU, Xerri, Sheez, Wardlaw & Larkey?

50 players divided by 18 clubs is like 2.75 players per club. Considering we finished second last again, that’s not bad.

Oh tough question. McKercher and Curtis potentially could. Powell? Duursma? This years 1st?

I still think Zurharr has the potential, but he takes too long to build into form and even at his best is spotty.
Comben with 2 more years of continuity and experience could be bloody anything.
Paul Curtis keeps building and has some fantastic attributes that could take him anywhere, especially if the forward line ever began to actually function like it should.
I think Logue at his very best for an entire season would be on the cusp of the threshold.

None of those four are sure things, and require more things to go right than the 5 you named (though I would probably include Wardlaw on this side of the fence), but in an alternative "everything goes well for two whole years" universe I think they have the potential to be included in those type of lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back