Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

It's his father surely

Stupid comment to say though that he "rejects suggestion that we won't make finals"

If we fail here on in, I'm holding him partly responsible for opening his mouth

hmmm wish i had one tenth of your optimism.... i cant see us winning another game this year

We'll win a game or two, but you might as well draw the games out of a hat because picking them will be literally impossible. It's no longer up to the 22 on the field, it's up to the mood set in the 1st 5 mins of every game we play and whether the players decide to rock up.

well currently paying $4.50 on tab sportsbet to make the 8 but still tough run home

anyone who takes us at 4.50 to make the 8 would be an absolute chump in my opinion. all our home games are against top 6 teams, all our away games are against sides either on the improve or who we can never seem to beat away i.e st kilda, bullies, north melbourne.... i would love to see the odds on us not winning another game.... the fact is that the midfield is the most important area of the game, and an area that we already struggle with. take out sandilands and mundy, then consider that barlow wont be flying until a full preseason next year... i just dont see how we can win a game

The Collingwood game is the only real one which I think we can probably bookmark a loss. The remaining top 8 sides are vulnerable imo, this is probably the weakest top 4 in recent memory. We have a very good chance in all the other games.

The Collingwood game is the only real one which I think we can probably bookmark a loss. The remaining top 8 sides are vulnerable imo, this is probably the weakest top 4 in recent memory. We have a very good chance in all the other games.

sydney SCG- traditionally a ground we dont play well against a tough disciplined side. Loss

westcoast PS- eagles are flying which makes me sick, probably our best chance at a win, probably not though. loss

Hawthorn PS- mitchell, hodge, burgoyne are all quality mids against our weak midfield. loss

stkilda ES- no chance. can never beat saints here let alone over at jihad stadium

carlton PS- no mundy will hurt us most in this game, judd always dominates us, with murphy and co as support we will be slaughtered in the middle. im not a massive fan of carlton so not without a show, but in reality they will probably be a little too classy

North ES- havent beaten north in melbourne since 2006, and while we are a shot here, we were also a realistic shot against the dees, and the tigers and look at how pathetic we were.

collingwood PS- we MAY get mundy back here, but it just wont matter, pies by 100

bulldogs ES- by this stage the bullies will be in the top 8 and be looking good. no chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we will make the 8, with a win against the Pies very possible. Not because we are better, but I can see them doing a Freo v Hawks of last year.

2 weeks out from finals with top posi sewn up, they will bring a 2nd string team across keeping the door ajar for a win against them :thumbsu:

Think we will make the 8, with a win against the Pies very possible. Not because we are better, but I can see them doing a Freo v Hawks of last year.

2 weeks out from finals with top posi sewn up, they will bring a 2nd string team across keeping the door ajar for a win against them :thumbsu:

I hope so. Destiny is in our own hands.

hmmm wish i had one tenth of your optimism.... i cant see us winning another game this year

Luckily nobody gives a shit about your opinion, you've held the very same belief for the entire season, amazingly we have 8 wins. Didn't you think we'd get smashed aganst North/GC/Brisbane etc? :rolleyes:

i would love to see the odds on us not winning another game....
We are paying $1.75 to win less than 9.5 games (1 more win) so the bookies agree with you. I see us as being too unpredictable to believe we will only win 1 game when we still have 8 to go. This is the team that we were saying would go 1/4 (2/3 at best) at the start of the year. We won 4/5.

sydney SCG- traditionally a ground we dont play well against a tough disciplined side. Loss
(Freo won there last year)

westcoast PS- eagles are flying which makes me sick, probably our best chance at a win, probably not though. loss
(Freo home game, if we can get the crowd into it will make a big difference)

Hawthorn PS- mitchell, hodge, burgoyne are all quality mids against our weak midfield. loss
(When will the injuries catch up with them? In Perth could they do a Launceston!)

stkilda ES- no chance. can never beat saints here let alone over at jihad stadium (I struggle to find a way that Freo wins)

carlton PS- no mundy will hurt us most in this game, judd always dominates us, with murphy and co as support we will be slaughtered in the middle. im not a massive fan of carlton so not without a show, but in reality they will probably be a little too classy
(they have been found out the last couple of weeks - in Perth I rate Freo a big chance)

North ES- havent beaten north in melbourne since 2006, and while we are a shot here, we were also a realistic shot against the dees, and the tigers and look at how pathetic we were.
(Depends which NM is playing at the time, if they are pushing for finals Freo probably lose)

collingwood PS- we MAY get mundy back here, but it just wont matter, pies by 100 (Hard to see a win unless they 'tank')

bulldogs ES- by this stage the bullies will be in the top 8 and be looking good. no chance (As per NM - I hope it doesn't come to this game as the decider)

loltwut.

We will beat the Hawks and the Tankers at Subi. Hawthorn are a disaster when they travel, are people forgetting we pushed them in Melbourne without Mundy or Sandi? Or last years final?

The next 2 games are both 50/50's. We have an excellent chance coming off the bye against Sydney who have been mediocre recently, and in a derby who knows.

The rest are too far away to judge what kind of form we and the opposition will be in.

3-4 wins is very reasonable

Sydney destroyed Gold Coast whereas we barely got over them till they were down to no bench. The pushed Collingwood all the way & nearly won so that's not what I'd call ordinary form.

True, however it should be noted that Ablett played an absolute blinder against us whereas against Sydney he was injured for most of the game; his influence shouldn't be understated.

one of the betting agencies has suspended bets on us to make the top 4 at $250

Melbourne are $101 to make the top 4 - crazy!

We're around $150 for the flag and $250 for top 4 - but which is more likely?

If we can snag a home final and the eagles make top 4 (which is likely given hawthorns injuries, calrtanks poor form and the eagles incredible run home)

the eagles could win their first one, get a week off and end up seeing us two weeks later after we win an EF and face off against the loser of Collingwood (1st) and whoever scrapes in to 4th (would fancy our chances big time against either Carlton or Hawthorn in Melbourne)

we win that we get a PF with the eagles at subi and they'd be shitting themselves

a highly unlikely scenario - but very possible (i feel the prospect of knowing we'd get the eagles before our first final would be enough to spur us on)

or we can just do an 06 and lose the next two then win 9 in a row (or just 11 in a row - either is good)

if the eagles do make top 4, however, that begs the question: how can a team who won the wooden spoon make such a dramatic turnaround? it can't just be lack of injuries and darling has not made that much of an impact (sure he's been good, but nothing like Barlow last year as he was the sole reason we were so damn good)

With the Saints and Dogs hitting some kind of form, and looking at their run homes, I think we need to win 4 more games just to sneak into 8th spot. Even that looks quite unlikely, the bye will have to have worked miracles.

Our best hope for finals success is for WC to finish 5th. But looking at their draw and form, they would be odds on to overtake Carlton and/or Hawthorn. And in order for us to make the finals, I think we might need them to beat the Saints and Dogs at Etihad. Even that might not be enough to help us.

With the Saints and Dogs hitting some kind of form, and looking at their run homes, I think we need to win 4 more games just to sneak into 8th spot. Even that looks quite unlikely, the bye will have to have worked miracles.

Our best hope for finals success is for WC to finish 5th. But looking at their draw and form, they would be odds on to overtake Carlton and/or Hawthorn. And in order for us to make the finals, I think we might need them to beat the Saints and Dogs at Etihad. Even that might not be enough to help us.

I would love for WC to finish 5th and play them first up in a final. They do all the hard work, get praise heaped on them all throughout the year and then lose the home ground advantage straight up.

I would love for WC to finish 5th and play them first up in a final. They do all the hard work, get praise heaped on them all throughout the year and then lose the home ground advantage straight up.
Ideally they have a stellar season and get into 3rd losing first week away to Geelong.

Meanwhile we struggle into 6th winning ugly and generally being dismissed as pretenders for the year. We beat the Bulldogs in Perth to face the eagles with them having had to travel to Melbourne while we don't!

Win the Derby final to play COL in the prelim!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back