Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Enright's 300th, maybe?
That’s the one. Quite a surreal day for Enright really - not the forward line you would choose to be slaughtered by on a milestone match. Max and Bernie were amazing that day and it was one of a low number where I thought Heretier had a decent outing.

That’s the kind of day where you imagine a three-headed calf was born somewhere nearby

Reminds me of a game I think it might have been a queens birthday game in 07. But McClean sprints hard and can't keep a ball in, so angrily he throws the ball into one of those plastic chairs and has a 50 paid against him

Was talking to my dad yesterday and mentioned the last three games in 05 to make finals and then getting smashed by Geelong in the elimination final. Then a random thought popped into my mind Steven King kicking Jeff Whites face in. My dad reckons he could hear it. We were sitting on the mcc wing second level.

Was talking to my dad yesterday and mentioned the last three games in 05 to make finals and then getting smashed by Geelong in the elimination final. Then a random thought popped into my mind Steven King kicking Jeff Whites face in. My dad reckons he could hear it. We were sitting on the mcc wing second level.
I 100% heard it. Was horrible.

I remember watching the incident, I might have been too focused on the game/incident but I didn't register the noise. Was pretty nasty.

Talking about nasty incidents I had a pretty good view of Nathan Brown (Richmond) breaking his leg.
Reckon everyone that night heard it . The N.Brown one

That’s the one. Quite a surreal day for Enright really - not the forward line you would choose to be slaughtered by on a milestone match. Max and Bernie were amazing that day and it was one of a low number where I thought Heretier had a decent outing.

That’s the kind of day where you imagine a three-headed calf was born somewhere nearby
Young ANB announced himself with 3 goals too

1000009772.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite random, because I remember this every time we beat Port Adelaide.

The first time I met Max Gawn was getting him to sign my ball at the family day at St Kilda in 2015. And the first thing he said to me was “God I ******* love beating Port”.

What a guy!
Toump Ass is Max Gawn?

I was sitting in the PRE pocket in the GSS that day, on the top level, you could definitely hear it from there.

See also: Nathan Brown’s leg snapping

I remember going to the footy and seeing a guy outside the mcg with binoculars looking through one of those porthole windows things you see at the great Southern stand, (Shane warne stand as it is called these days) and listening to a radio.

Match at Doglands. Jordie McKenzie having a set shot for goal from 15 metres out. Didn't make the distance.

Similarly at the MCG (Punt Road end). Trengove having a set shot from goal from 30 metres which didn't make the distance. That's when I knew that the poor guy was physically 'shot'.

One about trenners. I remember him against maybe Adelaide at the G body lining a footy, picking it up and doing a 180 turn with his arms raised early in his career. Looked like a guy who had been playing against men for years. Shame how his career went

James Magner (I think?) stuffing up a set shot that somehow dribbled by a bunch of Richmond players untouched for a goal.

My Random 22

B: Mitch Clisby - Chris Lamb - Craig Nettelbeck

HB: Jace Bode - Craig Ellis - Phil Gilbert

C: Andrew Lamprill - Damien Gaspar - Dom Barry

HF: Craig Smoker - Steven Pitt - Danny Hughes

F: Ben Beams - Declan Keilty - Ross Funcke

R: Dean Irving - Craig Turley - Shane Valenti

I: Leigh Newton - Viv Michie - Josh Tynan - Tom McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back