Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

My Random 22

B: Mitch Clisby - Chris Lamb - Craig Nettelbeck

HB: Jace Bode - Craig Ellis - Phil Gilbert

C: Andrew Lamprill - Damien Gaspar - Dom Barry

HF: Craig Smoker - Steven Pitt - Danny Hughes

F: Ben Beams - Declan Keilty - Ross Funcke

R: Dean Irving - Craig Turley - Shane Valenti

I: Leigh Newton - Viv Michie - Josh Tynan - Tom McNamara
Troy 'Truck' Davis so stiff

Ezra Poyas, Brendan Van Schaik, Cam Hunter, Danny Hughes, Gary Moorcroft

Michael Newton being the best player in the comp for one quarter a season for like 3 years.

I think VFL players in general in that era were looked at as s**t until the cats punted on Podsiadly.
Pretty grouse VFL career. 873 goals from 260 games from 1997-2010.

Nine-time league goal-kicking award, nine-time VFL team of the year.

Reckon Sautner would get a look-in these days.

I would put 1999 premiership player Shannon Motlop in that random memory team.

Michael Newton being the best player in the comp for one quarter a season for like 3 years.
I knew the recruiter who was responsible for drafting him

Would tell he will take mark of the year one day and was going to be a gun

He got the mark of the year park right i guess

Mark Jamar walking away from a post game interview with Andy Maher after a match v Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Random 22

B: Mitch Clisby - Chris Lamb - Craig Nettelbeck

HB: Jace Bode - Craig Ellis - Phil Gilbert

C: Andrew Lamprill - Damien Gaspar - Dom Barry

HF: Craig Smoker - Steven Pitt - Danny Hughes

F: Ben Beams - Declan Keilty - Ross Funcke

R: Dean Irving - Craig Turley - Shane Valenti

I: Leigh Newton - Viv Michie - Josh Tynan - Tom McNamara
Surely John Meesan gets a run (who I still believe today doesn’t actually exist).

James Magner kicking our first 2 goals against Brisbane Round 1 2012.

Kicked the first, went the double cobra celebration then got a soft free kick straight after and slotted his 2nd.

Brisbane then over-run us and we lose by like 7 goals

James Magner kicking our first 2 goals against Brisbane Round 1 2012.

Kicked the first, went the double cobra celebration then got a soft free kick straight after and slotted his 2nd.

Brisbane then over-run us and we lose by like 7 goals

That and the Port game the next year as round 1 games were beyond depressing as a fan.

That and the Port game the next year as round 1 games were beyond depressing as a fan.
I would like some kind of partial lobotomy if it can wipe the afternoon of round one 2013

I would like some kind of partial lobotomy if it can wipe the afternoon of round one 2013

Yep. That Port game where Viney on debut was probably our best player? Christ thats bleak

I blame myself for the Brisbane game, we were 3 goals to 1 up and I changed seats at the ground, we then got smoked.

The 2013 game vs Port was truly dire - I left early in the 3rd quarter, we'd come into the game as favourites and when it became clear we were going to get thumped it was a massive kick in the guts after terrible 2012. Didn't go to another game that year until the last game against the Dogs, Daveys last game.

I blame myself for the Brisbane game, we were 3 goals to 1 up and I changed seats at the ground, we then got smoked.

The 2013 game vs Port was truly dire - I left early in the 3rd quarter, we'd come into the game as favourites and when it became clear we were going to get thumped it was a massive kick in the guts after terrible 2012. Didn't go to another game that year until the last game against the Dogs, Daveys last game.
That was the first game I went to after moving to Melbourne and I was so excited that I would be able to go to any home game I liked. I stayed all four quarters in the rain as a penance for being so stupid, and spent most of it thinking how much nicer it might be to shovel shit and salt in Siberia

Corey Maynard playing the second and last game of his career in 2018 R1 against the Cats, picked ahead of Dom Tyson which was a scandal at the time

Corey Maynard playing the second and last game of his career in 2018 R1 against the Cats, picked ahead of Dom Tyson which was a scandal at the time
Agree. He never passed the hair test

My random Melbourne Demons memory I think of randomly is schmuttt punching a large motor vehicle after losing to Geelong in Geelong. I admit I never actually saw it, but I’ve heard the tale recounted by many, so the imagery is vivid, moreso than many actual memories I have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back