Concerning signs for the West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, logged onto your Benny for cut & paste back up. You grew a state side from WAFL access to the whole state. Not by starting with the actual state side. How hard it must have been to not get the actual state side in 87.

Dan is the only person I have seen saying Freo had better concessions. Lies or delusions, take your pick.
You make that up though because we didn't have that access

Cockburn had actual real access to it and the national draft. Poor decisions plagued Cockburn early and still to this day

Drop the battler syndrome your Soufs stained club just made poor decisions

You make that up though because we didn't have that access

Cockburn had actual real access to it and the national draft. Poor decisions plagued Cockburn early and still to this day

Drop the battler syndrome your Soufs stained club just made poor decisions
You had preselection from 86 to 91. Going from big numbers down to 1 pick in 91. Plus the draft from 88 onwards.

That is access.

Wow, logged onto your Benny for cut & paste back up. You grew a state side from WAFL access to the whole state. Not by starting with the actual state side. How hard it must have been to not get the actual state side in 87.

Dan is the only person I have seen saying Freo had better concessions. Lies or delusions, take your pick.
We grew a side made up of WA players because that is all we had access to.

A side made up of whatever was left over after Victorian clubs had had their fill out of the WAFL and whoever slid to us on draft night under normal draft conditions.

I don’t know how you think our premiership team was a State side when half of the SOO team in ‘92 was made up of players playing for clubs in Victoria.

In our last premiership year we would’ve had all of Kennedy, Darling, Ryan, Naitanui, Yeo, McGovern, Sheppard, Jetta and likely LeCras in the team. As much of a State side as in ‘92.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

We grew a side made up of WA players because that is all we had access to.

A side made up of whatever was left over after Victorian clubs had had their fill out of the WAFL and whoever slid to us on draft night under normal draft conditions.

I don’t know how you think our premiership team was a State side when half of the SOO team in ‘92 was made up of players playing for clubs in Victoria.

In our last premiership year we would’ve had all of Kennedy, Darling, Ryan, Naitanui, Yeo, McGovern, Sheppard, Jetta and likely LeCras in the team. As much of a State side as in ‘92.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
You’re as smart as Dan. The literal SOO side is made up from 15 years worth of footballers. Your side was 2-6 years worth of the best WA footballers. It’s still can be called a state side, it still had the best starting concessions ever seen in the AFL.

You had preselection from 86 to 91. Going from big numbers down to 1 pick in 91. Plus the draft from 88 onwards.

That is access.

At the end of 1987, we did not participate in the draft but instead again got unrestricted access to the WAFL. The same WAFL that in the previous season had 47 players taken from it i.e. there wasnt much left.

At the end of 1988, the Eagles got 5 priority picks (again WAFL only) and then took place in a draft that was compromised in that all the other clubs could only take 1 player each from the WAFL (huge concession :rolleyes:)

In 1989, we were down to 2 pre-draft selections (compare this with Brisbane's 6 and Sydneys 4). Again, all teams were then restricted to one WAFL player, this resulted in the unusual situation of 6 of the first 9 picks being from WA. West Coast with its normal first round pick at 4 (based on finsihing 4th last in 1988) got Matera. Then players such as Brad Rowe, Mark Brayshaw, Stephen Edgar, Brad Tunbridge, Dale Kickett, Ben Allan, Gavin Rose, Peter Cransberg & Dennis Repacholi were picked up before West Coast got Tony Evans (64), Brett Heady (92), Dean Kemp (117).... So every club passed on those 3. No concession at all.

1990, West Coast got 2 pre-draft picks, again, Sydney got 6 and Brisbane 5.

You’re as smart as Dan. The literal SOO side is made up from 15 years worth of footballers. Your side was 2-6 years worth of the best WA footballers. It’s still can be called a state side, it still had the best starting concessions ever seen in the AFL.
You had access to the best Australian footballers and a full squad to compete with. Much better concessions than being forced to pick the bones out of 1 state.

Classic Purple Suit

Ignores facts because already has incorrect conclusion made up to suit the battler syndrome

Also still in hiding from discussion about his own club

Classic Purple Suit

Ignores facts because already has incorrect conclusion made up to suit the battler syndrome

Telling McLeod to GAGF, handing Lloyd and Lucas to Essendon and delisting Peter Bell in their inaugural year are a few things West Coast would’ve done differently im sure in the same circumstances.

You had access to the best Australian footballers and a full squad to compete with. Much better concessions than being forced to pick the bones out of 1 state.
We had priority access to 4 WAFL clubs, you had 8.

Your first squad was still not much smaller than current AFL squads and anyone you missed you could grab over the next 5 more years.

Classic Purple Suit

Still tagging, I don’t go in your thread since it’s full of your posts. You’re sole purpose is to just get its numbers up with dribble.

We had priority access to 4 WAFL clubs, you had 8.

Your first squad was still not much smaller than current AFL squads and anyone you missed you could grab over the next 5 more years.

Still tagging, I don’t go in your thread since it’s full of your posts. You’re sole purpose is to just get its numbers up with dribble.
We had access after it was picked clean. You had proper access to it and the national draft

It was smaller

You're in hiding from it because top 4 is promised and you're sitting in 15th. Your club is a joke and you're hiding from it like the rest of them

We had access after it was picked clean. You had proper access to it and the national draft

It was smaller

You're in hiding from it because top 4 is promised and you're sitting in 15th. Your club is a joke and you're hiding from it like the rest of them
Picked clean? You mean older layers were already playing VFL. But the young kids were not as they were too young so could be selected by WC. Just like a normal draft.

This picked clean claim is bullshit.

Then you got your Ginbey & Hewitts for free on top of the draft for 4 more years on top of the draft.

Picked clean? You mean older layers were already playing VFL. But the young kids were not as they were too young so could be selected by WC. Just like a normal draft.

Then you got your Ginbey & Hewitts for free on top of the draft for 4 more years on top of the draft.
The picked clean is not bullshit and facts have been presented to you on it with actual examples

You're stuck in this battler syndrome

How different could it have been if Cockburn picked Lloyd/Lucas & co

You had your Wardlaws and Sheezles for free but you gave them up for older layers playing in the VFL.

Freo gave up all of McLeod, Lucas, Bell, Phill Matera and Jeff Farmer just in their first couple of years. If West Coast had these kind of concessions we would’ve 4peated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The picked clean is not bullshit and facts have been presented to you on it with actual examples

You're stuck in this battler syndrome

How different could it have been if Cockburn picked Lloyd/Lucas & co
We never had access to Lloyd, he was a 16 year old compo pick to Essendon.

You had your Wardlaws and Sheezles for free but you gave them up for older layers playing in the VFL.

Freo gave up all of McLeod, Lucas, Bell, Phill Matera and Jeff Farmer just in their first couple of years. If West Coast had these kind of concessions we would’ve 4peated.
Yet you didn't. 1 drug fuelled flag and 1 flukey win in the time we've been in the comp. You've now put together the worst two seasons ever by a WA side and lost the last 15 games. The North game is going to be interesting.

Yet you didn't. 1 drug fuelled flag and 1 flukey win in the time we've been in the comp. You've now put together the worst two seasons ever by a WA side and lost the last 15 games. The North game is going to be interesting.
After 29 years in the comp we had 3 flags and played off in 6 grand finals.

No, we didn’t get the creamy start up concessions that Cockburn received but our motto has always been ‘through adversity comes strength’, which is how we were built and why we are so successful. Doing things the hard way builds character. Even as low as we are right now we’ve still not managed to match your 2 win cheatspoon season and don’t think we ever will.

If you label 2006 drug fueled would you have applied the same label to 2013 if Cockburn had not choked it?

If you label 2006 drug fueled would you have applied the same label to 2013 if Cockburn had not choked it?
More lies Dan, you like to just make stuff up. How many player from that team have served time compared to WC players?

After 29 years in the comp we had 3 flags and played off in 6 grand finals.

No, we didn’t get the creamy start up concessions that Cockburn received but our motto has always been ‘through adversity comes strength’, which is how we were built and why we are so successful. Doing things the hard way builds character. Even as low as we are right now we’ve still not managed to match your 2 win cheatspoon season and don’t think we ever will.
The hard way, yep. Ever since covid you have imploded as the new way is too hard.

Just to be clear, you are legally paying above the cap in 2023 by back ending Nic Fats contract. 800K for the sub on the weekend. Great Management from a team that is currently 3/44 and lost 15 games in a row.

More lies Dan, you like to just make stuff up. How many player from that team have served time compared to WC players?

The hard way, yep. Ever since covid you have imploded as the new way is too hard.

Just to be clear, you are legally paying above the cap in 2023 by back ending Nic Fats contract. 800K for the sub on the weekend. Great Management from a team that is currently 3/44 and lost 15 games in a row.
What does time have to do with it? Druggies are Druggies. You can't label 1 flag drug fueled then deny another (which was choked anyway because Cockburn)

Nic Nat is on 300k max

We have a horror injury list 2022/2023 and 2nd year of a rebuild

Cockburn dream run with injuries 8 years into a rebuild with top 4 promised. Sitting in 15th. Which is why you are in hiding from any Cockburn discussions

What does time have to do with it? Druggies are Druggies. You can't label 1 flag drug fueled then deny another (which was choked anyway because Cockburn)

Nic Nat is on 300k max

We have a horror injury list 2022/2023 and 2nd year of a rebuild

Cockburn dream run with injuries 8 years into a rebuild with top 4 promised. Sitting in 15th. Which is why you are in hiding from any Cockburn discussions
My proof is you have no proof any Freo player was on drugs like you claim. I have proof WC players were, they were and still are in the news right now, burning houses down, getting done with steroids and other criminal activity to fuel their drug habits.

So you are paying him 600K next year, lol.

I'm not going into your shit thread. I have standards.

My proof is you have no proof any Freo player was on drugs like you claim. I have proof WC players were, they were and still are in the news right now, burning houses down, getting done with steroids and other criminal activity to fuel their drug habits.

So you are paying him 600K next year, lol.

I'm not going into your s**t thread. I have standards.
Post your proof

I'll start with 2 druggies in the 2013 Cockburn List. Michael Johnson and Ryan Crowley

The tit for tat potshotting RE: druggies really goes nowhere

Much like your battler syndrome with Cockburn early. You will ignore it to suit your agenda of West Coast bad Cockburn hard done by

You're not responding in there because you're ashamed of your club and coach. Top 4 promised and sitting in 15th

Whatever this new way is I’m sure we’ll roll up our sleeves and get on with business like we always do. A couple of grand finals and a flag this decade to keep up with tradition the West Coast way. :thumbsu:

Post your proof

I'll start with 2 druggies in the 2013 Cockburn List. Michael Johnson and Ryan Crowley

The tit for tat potshotting RE: druggies really goes nowhere

Much like your battler syndrome with Cockburn early. You will ignore it to suit your agenda of West Coast bad Cockburn hard done by

You're not responding in there because you're ashamed of your club and coach. Top 4 promised and sitting in 15th
Mainwaring - Died
Cousins - Been in Jail
Kerr - In jail
Hunter - Close to jail
Chick - done for steroids
Fletcher - Flatlined in Vegas
Ben Sharp - In jail for armed robbery to fuel drug habit he got playing for WC.

That's all off the top of my head. It's like a tip of the iceberg, what you can see there is so much more under the surface.

Johnson was silly, Crowley was a painkiller not allowed so got banned for a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerning signs for the West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back