Concerning signs for the West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

But West Coast some how had access to some talented 18-22 year olds that played in the 1992 flag 6 years later as 24-28 year olds.
Do you think Failmantle didn’t get a chance to recruit talented 18-22 year olds when you started up?

You literally threw a bunch of Hall of Famers and A graders in the bin and grabbed a bunch of battlers instead.

McLeod, Lucas, Farmer, Phill Matera were there for the taking - but you traded them away for Chris Groom, Tony Delaney, Phil Gilbert and David Hynes instead.

You delisted Peter Bell after 1 season and then coughed up picks 6, 8, 37 and Jess Sinclair 3 seasons later to get him back!

You had every opportunity to build a contending team and follow in West Coasts footsteps. We gave you the blueprint for success. You could’ve been something, you could’ve been relevant. You could’ve been respected. But you chose to be a laughing stock.

Do you think Failmantle didn’t get a chance to recruit talented 18-22 year olds when you started up?

You literally threw a bunch of Hall of Famers and A graders in the bin and grabbed a bunch of battlers instead.

McLeod, Lucas, Farmer, Phill Matera were there for the taking - but you traded them away for Chris Groom, Tony Delaney, Phil Gilbert and David Hynes instead.

You delisted Peter Bell after 1 season and then coughed up picks 6, 8, 37 and Jess Sinclair 3 seasons later to get him back!

You had every opportunity to build a contending team and follow in West Coasts footsteps. We gave you the blueprint for success. You could’ve been something, you could’ve been relevant. You could’ve been respected. But you chose to be a laughing stock.
God that baffled me - me and my mates used to go to wafl games every weekend and we hated our team playing South Freo cos Peter Bell would run all over us. We couldnt understand why he wasnt playing in Freo's team. He wasnt given a game cos Neesham only played Claremont players...

Gerard Neesham absolutely ****ed Freo's start into the AFL.

Weren't Freo just Claremont-lite when they started?

They'd have used the Tigers moniker if they were allowed to, I reckon.

Elaborate how Freo traded pick 6, 8, 37 and 69 for Peter Francis Bell?

Your eagles didn't give Us the blue print for success. The WAFL had talent in 1987.

The WAFL talent wise was sub standard in 1994 mainly because west coast pillaged it.

Dockers were left with the sloppy seconds. I don't blame Gerard Neesham to recruit a lot of Claremont guys

Weren't Freo just Claremont-lite when they started?

They'd have used the Tigers moniker if they were allowed to, I reckon.
Yes they did. Gerard Neesham got a lot of Claremont blokes. Ben Allan was the dockers 1st captain . played in the 1987 and 1989 Claremont WAFL flag sides. Played for the hawks from 1990-94. Got an AFL premiership medal in 1991.

No different with Graham Cornes having a lot of Glenelg tigers players. Craig McDermott was the crows 1st captain. Guess what SANFL club he played for? Yep Glenelg. Tony McGuinness played 5 seasons at the Footscray dogs. Then 6 seasons at the crows from 1991-96. Again... His original SANFL club? Glenelg.

No different to Port Adelaide power using a lot of Port Adelaide magpies players in 1997. Gavin Waganeen was the powers 1st captain. Played 6 years with Essendon from 1991-96. Guess where Essendon got Waganeen? Yep port magpies

Your eagles didn't give Us the blue print for success. The WAFL had talent in 1987.

The WAFL talent wise was sub standard in 1994 mainly because west coast pillaged it.

Dockers were left with the sloppy seconds. I don't blame Gerard Neesham to recruit a lot of Claremont guys

The WAFL was pillaged in 87 before we got access to it

Yes they did. Gerard Neesham got a lot of Claremont blokes. Ben Allan was the dockers 1st captain . played in the 1987 and 1989 Claremont WAFL flag sides. Played for the hawks from 1990-94. Got an AFL premiership medal in 1991.

No different with Graham Cornes having a lot of Glenelg tigers players. Craig McDermott was the crows 1st captain. Guess what SANFL club he played for? Yep Glenelg. Tony McGuinness played 5 seasons at the Footscray dogs. Then 6 seasons at the crows from 1991-96. Again... His original SANFL club? Glenelg.

No different to Port Adelaide power using a lot of Port Adelaide magpies players in 1997. Gavin Waganeen was the powers 1st captain. Played 6 years with Essendon from 1991-96. Guess where Essendon got Waganeen? Yep port magpies
At least you acknowledge Cockburn made bad choices not given less opportunity like the battler syndrome knobs try to portray

Of course it did. WAFL was pillaged from 1987-1994.

But you think pick 1 is gonna single handedly turn the club around?
Just providing clarity to the battler syndrome crowd who think Cockburn were hard done by

But they received more than us, just made poor decisions

Again.... WAFC don't care about the dockers as long as we make money.

The WAFC don't care about your club either. Unless they want your money
We've made them some great money over the years by not being laughing stock like Cockburn
Bring a 3rd club in and see the difference

the difference was that Neesham actively despised non-Claremont WAFL clubs and players and transferred that hatred to his running of the Dockers....which he did with an iron fist.

Until he was shit-canned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We gave you the blueprint. The WAFL being pillaged for years by the VFL forced us to pick a heap of unproven youth, which is what you should’ve done. You went for sloppy seconds instead and you had the whole country of youth to pick from.

I thought you knew your history maniac, but here ya go. Threw away a draft to bring in a former delisted player and followed that up by giving up a shot at Hodge or Judd for Trent Croad. Maybe you should stop whining about start up concessions and look inwards into why you’ve always been such a circus.

1689648705018.jpeg

We gave you the blueprint. The WAFL being pillaged for years by the VFL forced us to pick a heap of unproven youth, which is what you should’ve done. You went for sloppy seconds instead and you had the whole country of youth to pick from.

I thought you knew your history maniac, but here ya go. Threw away a draft to bring in a former delisted player and followed that up by giving up a shot at Hodge or Judd for Trent Croad. Maybe you should stop whining about start up concessions and look inwards into why you’ve always been such a circus.

View attachment 1742582
whats that website, Bev?

Tbh that trade for belly isn't bad. I mean the only good person was Motlop and belly was massive for Freo

But I do get your point.

Croad is the worst by far. Don't have to remind me of that dumpster fire

Tbh that trade for belly isn't bad. I mean the only good person was Motlop and belly was massive for Freo

But I do get your point.

You could’ve just not delisted him in the first place and picked up Motlop. And Daniel Kerr.

Used pick 1 the following year on Hodge or Judd.

You could’ve taken a leaf out of West Coasts book and not wasted everything on offer to you.

You could’ve just not delisted him in the first place and picked up Motlop. And Daniel Kerr.

Used pick 1 the following year on Hodge or Judd.

You could’ve taken a leaf out of West Coasts book and not wasted everything on offer to you.
I said I got your point :p.

Belly shouldn't have been delisted but we didn't get bent over in getting him back.

Saying the Bell trade wasn’t that bad means you missed it
Nah, it isn't that bad.

It is bad given that he got good at North Melbourne after we delisted him in that sense due to poor management and scouting. (Yes, we could have had X and Y but you could never know how Bell turned out at AFL level at that point)

It isn't bad what we gave to get him back where he was a champion midfielder with North Melbourne.

compared to the Croad Trade

Where it was bad because he is not a great key forward (for example, Tony Modra) and we're trading Pick 1, Pick 20 and Pick 35 for him.

He isn't even the best forward at Hawthorn. (and not to mention that he didn't even want to even be at Fremantle!)

But I do get your point.

Croad was bad but we got McPharlin out of it. It wasn’t Tim Kelly, Spoons for years bad.

Croad was bad but we got McPharlin out of it. It wasn’t Tim Kelly, Spoons for years bad.
Hodge, Mitchell and 4 flags each v McPharlin

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerning signs for the West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back