Toast Congrats Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Always wanted it to be Green and never thought it'd be anyone else. Champion of the club, well deserved :thumbsu:

Good decision. Will be a very good leader for the kids coming through. Should still have 3-4 years left in him as well hopefully. Well done Brad Green...

Some great quotes from our new capt - fairly pointed in regards to recent debates about moving older players on. The club made the right choice(s).

"I’m in it for the long run. I’m here as long as the club wants me to be here. Dean always tells me age is no barrier," he said.

"I will keep striving as long as my body is fine and as long as I am doing the team things and playing my role. If they (the coaching staff) see fit that time is up, then time is up. That’s football."

Great result and congrats to Greeny, has looked the likely option for some time now.

The vices should all exert a presence as well. Davey up forward a little more this year. Our leaderships stocks are in great shape.

Bring on season 2011.

Awesome to see Green get the gig. Desperately unlucky not to be All-Australian, so good to see him get some recognition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The perfect candidate to lead the club in 2011 and beyond the young players we've got could do a lot worse than emulate Brad Green as they develop..

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/tabid/8667/contentid/329457/default.aspx

the video of the announcement to the playing group.

i really like dean bailey, and i think he is really underrated by footballing experts. he really seems to understand where the club has been in the past 5 years, and is fully in-tune with the greater vision of the club.

sure it does seem like he speaks quite metaphorically at times, but by the way he talks to the group he is really challenging them to better themselves and become a great team off their own backs. he goes about his job in his way, and its great to hear him talk about his players with so much respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Congrats Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back