Toast Congrats Scott Pendlebury 300 games & making the All Australian Team (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

The on the thing about Pendles is he never has 2 bad games in a row if you look back over career.I think he is in the best 7 players we have had at the club,I think he has been my favorite at the club since his 1st game when he took that ball off that bloke as he was running past,just a fantastic moment and I think he kicked the goal too.

He has been a great role model right from day 1 at the club for his professionlism and the manner he has conducted himself,I always liked him better than Daisy and he has been a steal at 5,sad to think we are closer to the end than the beginning.

I would love to see him play 350 he has only ever had collision type injuries in his career so he has been remarkably durable and long may it so.:thumbsu::):rainbow:

Well done. Not one of those players averages more disposals than Scott Pendlebury.

If your 30 possession games stat are a measure of greatness and consistency watch out because Matt Crouch is on target to be the GOAT....

It's different if you have never played outside of the middle, a lot of those players spent a lot of time outside.

Also, the stats don't account for his inevitable decline period either.

The on the thing about Pendles is he never has 2 bad games in a row if you look back over career.I think he is in the best 7 players we have had at the club,I think he has been my favorite at the club since his 1st game when he took that ball off that bloke as he was running past,just a fantastic moment and I think he kicked the goal too.

It was his 3rd game, it was Paul Williams, Pendles handballed to R. Shaw who went to Cloke who kicked long to Leon Davis who kicked a set shot goal.

It's different if you have never played outside of the middle, a lot of those players spent a lot of time outside.

Also, the stats don't account for his inevitable decline period either.

Do you even watch him play? There has never been anyone as unique or effective as Pendles. He isn't even a ball accumulator like the blokes you listed and he still statistically superior than them. When the player with the intangibles is statistically superior its case closed.

Do you even watch him play? There has never been anyone as unique or effective as Pendles. He isn't even a ball accumulator like the blokes you listed and he still statistically superior than them. When the player with the intangibles is statistically superior its case closed.

Cmon mate are you kidding? Nah I've never seen Pendles... if he is so far superior why is he not as decorated?

Cmon mate are you kidding? Nah I've never seen Pendles... if he is so far superior why is he not as decorated?

Victim of his own high standards and Collingwood anti-bias in award judges.

Oh wait if he had a Brownlow like Matt Priddis and Shane Woewodin or won some more b and fs like Scott West did against Jose Romero would you rate him more?

He's not the GOAT and if you think he is you've got blinkers on.

You've gone daft, at no point did I say he was the GOAT I just said he was ultra consistent and backed it up with statistical evidence that clearly demonstrated you were wrong. Its ok to make mistakes OMB

Scott has played at a consistently high standard for a very long time, sometimes he does not get the applause that other get, cause he does not get the huge game stats that others have but he is more effective though.
Will go when he finishes as one of the greats of our club.
Hopefully that a few years away yet. Hoping he gets to 350 at least

I think he has been my favorite at the club since his 1st game when he took that ball off that bloke as he was running past,just a fantastic moment and I think he kicked the goal too.

You mean this? The 'Hand of God' moment? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly do mean that moment,I knew we kicked a goal from it but I thought he kicked it himself it was still a magic piece of play and the look on Paul Williams face showed he did,nt believe it.
Thank you for that it was a great moment I just wish I had remembered it correctly,that is what happens sometimes when the years start ticking away but Pendles is still my favourite player I do remember that.:)

One of my favourite Collingwood moments of all time. You just knew we had someone special.

May go down in history as the first reference to Pendles’ Basketball background, (by Huddo).

Hang on, he’s got a basketball background?! Weird they never mentioned it again after that one time.

2 of my favourite pendles moments both were against Geelong

1st in the 2010 prelim he kicked a goal from 40 on his right in the 1st quarter, I was at the game the crowd was ridiculously loud, it gives me goosebumps thinking about it

2nd was the 2012 game against them, sealed the game with a long bomb from the centre square, the celebration from him and bucks, you could just see the amount of passion they both have for this club

Champion player and champion bloke. I still remember when he personally signed my number 10 jumper at a family day years and years ago when I lived in Melbourne. Hopefully he still has 4 years or more left. I don't even wanna think about him retiring atm.

On another note the way Steele is going he'll be our leading games played. I also could see him playing into his mid 30's.

What a magnificent 299th game from Mr Consistent. Arguably BOG between Pendles and Brodie. Pendles last 3 games in particular superb. Absolute gun, if he played for any other team he would be highly lauded. Watching him last night continually slow down the game and find a target by hand or foot is great to watch. Big chance for AA and will poll well in the Brownlow, predict a top 10 finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Congrats Scott Pendlebury 300 games & making the All Australian Team (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back