Analysis Conspiracy theories surrounding Geelong's list management and salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have seen the night we got beat by Brisbane in the prelim, pm messages of abuse and the amount of garbage posted on this board from opposition supporters expressing their sheer hatred .... I've never experienced that in all my years.

Was as if it was immense relief we failed but ironically, the same idiots will write us off again and go through the same emotions all over again 😂

I know it doesn't interest everyone, but with the recent Women's T20 World Cup, when South Africa defeated Australia in the semi final, the bigger response was around Australia losing rather than SA winning

The Australian women's team has been this dominant force for so long that as the knock out stages approached, there was a clear theme online of wanting us to lose - so when they lost that was the focus for so many

Felt sorry for SA as more focus should have been given them to winning that match and what it meant for them, rather than what losing that match meant for us

Weird mindset some folk

I know it doesn't interest everyone, but with the recent Women's T20 World Cup, when South Africa defeated Australia in the semi final, the bigger response was around Australia losing rather than SA winning

The Australian women's team has been this dominant force for so long that as the knock out stages approached, there was a clear theme online of wanting us to lose - so when they lost that was the focus for so many

Felt sorry for SA as more focus should have been given them to winning that match and what it meant for them, rather than what losing that match meant for us

Weird mindset some folk

We are a very self centered society.
You experience this in every day life and particularly young people.
Unfortunately, not many like to see someone experience sustained success and it's no different in sports.

Geelong have been up since 2007.
Many said we would fade away long ago.
Even go back to the preseason of last year. No Selwood would be the final nail in the coffin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Conspiracy theories surrounding Geelong's list management and salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back