Controversial - Cox shouldn't be AA ruckman!

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is was only made to pump up Hille who has only been playing really good footy for the last month. Cox has been good all year and would be ahead of Hille in terms of AA.

cox and hille should get AA

wait for hille to be dudded though as he plays for essendon. read lucas the last 2 years.

gerard healy has a fat over sandilands so i bet he gets it ahead of hille.

hille has smashed charman, cox, beat sandilands around the ground.

And out of those 45 hit outs how many were effective, Hille destroyed Sandi around the ground and kicked 2 goals at vital stages of the match.

Sandi is a massive man and will win the hit outs every week, pity he doesn't know how to ruck as he would be unbeatable.

Pretty sure that Sandilands had more disposals, more effective disposals and more contested possessions.

Its a shame that Sandi missed his two shots on goal. I guess Hille's were 'match' winning goals. Sandilands were 'game defining' misses. As opposed to any of the other shots or misses.

The big shame is Sandilands had a bad day in front of the sticks and Hille had a good day. Otherwise no-one would be arguing that Hille is even close to Sandilands.

Pretty sure that Sandilands had more disposals, more effective disposals and more contested possessions.

Its a shame that Sandi missed his two shots on goal. I guess Hille's were 'match' winning goals. Sandilands were 'game defining' misses. As opposed to any of the other shots or misses.

The big shame is Sandilands had a bad day in front of the sticks and Hille had a good day. Otherwise no-one would be arguing that Hille is even close to Sandilands.

Bad kicking is bad footy...no one remembers who kicks the behinds, the goals Hille kicked (the one that he sharked off Sandilands) was the catalyst for our comeback when we were down by 20 odd points

Hille also had 7-8 clearances, not too sure how many Sandi got

Bad kicking is bad footy...no one remembers who kicks the behinds, the goals Hille kicked (the one that he sharked off Sandilands) was the catalyst for our comeback when we were down by 20 odd points

Hille also had 7-8 clearances, not too sure how many Sandi got

I think it also highlights how Hille's skills are much better than Sandilands.

I'm not sure on the stats but I would be pretty certain that Hille kicks the ball alot more than Sandilands.

Well how much effect on the game can you have when the rest of your team mates are completely useless? If Cox was playing at a Geelong or a Hawthorn there would be absolutely no doubt of his prowess. Cox is the best ruckmen in the competition without a doubt.

I think it was 10.

Be interested in seeing the clearances/cont. possesion stats for Cox/Hille/Sandilands. Can't find any websites that have it though.
From the afl.com.au stats page.

Clearances:
Cox 63
Sandi 52
Hille 44

Contested possessions:
Sandi 132
Cox 130
Hille 122

Inside 50s:
Cox 49
Hille 45
Sandi 31

Hitouts:
Sandi 457
Cox 408
Hille 293

You guys might want to ask yourself why Ben Hudson is considered to be so important to the Bulldogs. It's not his stats. It's because he has a centre square presence and his bang and crash opens the path for his midfielders to do what they are paid for.

Now Cox is a superstar, there is no doubt about that. But, I think he could have an even greater effect on the match if he did a bit more bang and crash. May be he feels like the midfielders aren't doing their job and he's trying to do their job as well.

All this crap about Cox picking up all his possessions in the backline is ridiculous. Cox leads West Coast for Contested Possessions and Clearances - he puts in more than anyone else in the team.

Theres nothing more a ruckman can do for his team than what Cox is doing at the moment - he's carrying a lot of passengers.
Yep.. well put.
I doubt very much that the people saying that have watched any of our games cos of the crap the team is dishing up. And i don't blame them for not watching - but then don't go and make shit up..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean Cox is (compared to other ruckmen)

Second in hitouts
Second in contested possessions (2 behind sandi)
First in uncontested possessions
First in clearances
First in inside 50's
First in rebound 50's (by a fair margin)
First in running bounces
Equal third in goal assists (twice as many as Hille)
Kicked 9 goals (Hille 14, Sandi 6)
Has a higher effective disposal percentage than Hille or Sandi
Second in marks (behind Troy Simmonds)

Don't let the fact that his team has had a bad season take away from what should clearly be a forth AA jumper for him this year. Has been our one shining light, playing injured for a large part of the season but still trying his hardest every game and is still the number one ruckman quite easily.
Wow. That's even better then I thought.
Freak is the right word.

first off COX > SANDI > HILLE

second if cox gets 30 possies 20 hitouts and 2 goals i think he is infulencing the game

and finaly the reason he gets kicks in the bckline is because he runs down there to support his team mates whille th eother ruckman refuse to run with him

From the afl.com.au stats page.

Clearances:
Cox 63
Sandi 52
Hille 44

Contested possessions:
Sandi 132
Cox 130
Hille 122

Inside 50s:
Cox 49
Hille 45
Sandi 31

Hitouts:
Sandi 457
Cox 408
Hille 293

hille doesnt win enough hitouts and is also behind cox in contested possies and inside 50. only thing hille has over cox is goals and is only 5 up

well this is very controversial with fact that 06 and 07 have been forgoten when the team that cox plays for made it to back to back gf's that they should have won both of but execpt for the luck of leo barry. without judd and cousions kerr is a spud and poor old cox has to do not only his job but the job of midfeilders and because he is a smart ruckman and get easy kicks in the backline he is getting attacked by some of u spanners i dunno if every ruckman get told the same but at my club u do it is forced into all of our ruckman to push into the back line to help out and if u get ur self in the right spot yes u get the cheap easy kicks. if hilie is better cos he dose the bash crash then why the bombers so far down the ladder they need lucas back in the ruck and as for sandi he just unlucky he dose not play in a side like ottens did other wise he would be getting a lot more praise but for the No #1 ruck spot in the AA team all 3 of them might not get a gernsey other ruckman from other teams could pretty easy fill the spot with what there after what bout simmo can go folwards better than them 3 but every ruckman has a different style of game and the one that best fits in with the AA selection will get selected.

Hille has had a great last 7 weeks of the season , no doubt about that, Cox has been inspirational in that he has been injured most of the year & still performing to a very high level.

Now here is the Answer: A Fit Cox with beat a Fit Hille every day of the week. Cox : AA & Hille AA if he continues for the the rest of the year to the same standard.

Cheers
I second this assessment wholeheartedly. If they both keep going the way the are I don't think anyone could dispute Cox getting the AA guernsey ahead of Hille. Though I do not expect Cox will see out the season and therefore provide Hille with a chance to overtake him.

well this is very controversial with fact that 06 and 07 have been forgoten when the team that cox plays for made it to back to back gf's that they should have won both of but execpt for the luck of leo barry. without judd and cousions kerr is a spud and poor old cox has to do not only his job but the job of midfeilders and because he is a smart ruckman and get easy kicks in the backline he is getting attacked by some of u spanners i dunno if every ruckman get told the same but at my club u do it is forced into all of our ruckman to push into the back line to help out and if u get ur self in the right spot yes u get the cheap easy kicks. if hilie is better cos he dose the bash crash then why the bombers so far down the ladder they need lucas back in the ruck and as for sandi he just unlucky he dose not play in a side like ottens did other wise he would be getting a lot more praise but for the No #1 ruck spot in the AA team all 3 of them might not get a gernsey other ruckman from other teams could pretty easy fill the spot with what there after what bout simmo can go folwards better than them 3 but every ruckman has a different style of game and the one that best fits in with the AA selection will get selected.

My head hurts, try some punctuation next time.

Evidence that you have no clue

Hille is the number 1 Ruckman in the competition over the last 6 weeks in every single stat except for hitouts. If he keeps up his current form he will be the first Ruck picked. If he doesn't sustain his recent form he is likely to miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Controversial - Cox shouldn't be AA ruckman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back