Coreen and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we've got two cracking matches left.

And hopefully the Saints win the last one.[/quote]

Who are the saints Brenda? We all know they should have reinstated the Bulldogs, jumper, name and theme song after last years grand final win. Remember that the coredales couldn't win the big one until the might of hopfield buraja came on board.

Bring back the bulldog!

Bring back the bulldog![/quote]

yeah i reckon however i personally would love to see coly win the senior flag this year just to show that big names aren't neceassarily everything

Well HG i would have to agree you are a total fagot. Why dont you tell us who you are?

Um, that 2 g's little boy - cause that's what you are - a little schoolboy with poor spelling but with a fair bit to say with the anonymity (note the spelling little fella) of a thread such as this. How about you and big footy (you 2 are clearly gay boy lovers at High School) click onto an appropriate website. Ah, that's right. The stuff you 2 are into is illegal isn't it.

Clarify that comment footy mad. Are you a crows supporter getting bit edgy because the wheels are falling off and I'm tipping they won't win the flag? Be careful - I know who you are.

you dont know who i am.... mate just tell me who you barrick for?? im not worried about the crows not winning the grandfinal i reckon they've done a good job this year to get were they are!!!

Um, that 2 g's little boy - cause that's what you are - a little schoolboy with poor spelling but with a fair bit to say with the anonymity (note the spelling little fella) of a thread such as this. How about you and big footy (you 2 are clearly gay boy lovers at High School) click onto an appropriate website. Ah, that's right. The stuff you 2 are into is illegal isn't it.

you are a w***er mate!!! you seem to know allot about being gay!!!! and can you show me the spelling error that THE-ONE made please???

you are a w***er mate!!! you seem to know allot about being gay!!!! and can you show me the spelling error that THE-ONE made please???

Let me help you "footy mad". There are two g's in ****** - not one. And "hand grenade" barracks (not barricks) for a team.

Mate, if you're going to be a smarta%se then you need to actually be smart. I have been reading this and other threads for a while now. I can't recall seeing anything from you or "the one" that adds anything interesting or insightful to the Coreen thread. At least "hand grenade" is talking local footy (although HG you have stooped to the other two's level with that last comment). Calling someone gay, a w***er or full of sh*t says a lot about you "big footy" and "the one" (that is, if you aren't one and the same).

Let these people talk footy and take the gutless sniping somewhere else eh?:thumbsdown:

Welcome Doobie Renshaw. Yes, I was out of line with that last comment. Apologise to all readers but can't cop rubbish from sniping kids who resort to school playground rubbish. Hopefully they'll pi$s off and the rest of us can enjoy the thread. And hopefully we'll have a Coreen League to talk about in 2008 but after Here It Is' news that is doubtful.

Let's talk footy this weekend. What's everyone's tips? Mine are:
1's - CDHBU to beat Coly
2's - Who is playing again? Crows vs CDHBU? CDHBU to win.
3's - Demons to beat Rennie.
4's - Crows ro beat Rennie.

(but I'll be barracking for Coly and Rennie in their games).

Who are the saints Brenda? We all know they should have reinstated the Bulldogs, jumper, name and theme song after last years grand final win. Remember that the coredales couldn't win the big one until the might of hopfield buraja came on board.

Bring back the bulldog!

Keep baiting the hook Millsy.

Let me help you "footy mad". There are two g's in ****** - not one. And "hand grenade" barracks (not barricks) for a team.

Mate, if you're going to be a smarta%se then you need to actually be smart. I have been reading this and other threads for a while now. I can't recall seeing anything from you or "the one" that adds anything interesting or insightful to the Coreen thread. At least "hand grenade" is talking local footy (although HG you have stooped to the other two's level with that last comment). Calling someone gay, a w***er or full of sh*t says a lot about you "big footy" and "the one" (that is, if you aren't one and the same).

Let these people talk footy and take the gutless sniping somewhere else eh?:thumbsdown:

well seems you like to be smart....****** spelled like that is the dictionary word which mean a bundle of sticks... and fagot spelled like this is the colloquial meaning which means being a homo-sexual... so next time you try to be smart get it right.....

well seems you like to be smart....****** spelled like that is the dictionary word which mean a bundle of sticks... and fagot spelled like this is the colloquial meaning which means being a homo-sexual... so next time you try to be smart get it right.....

Is this a gay thread footy mad? Talk footy or just pi#s off. You are a goose.

Four out of four in the second semi finals makes 6/8 for the finals series.

This week
Preliminary finals at Rennie

Five of the six clubs will be represented, with only Wahgunyah taking the week off in the last CDFL preliminary final, although they have two teams waiting next week.

SENIORS
Billabong Crows v Coleambally, 2.15pm at Rennie
2.Billabong Crows
16 11 5 0 0 0 1649 1316 125.30 44
3.Coleambally 16 11 5 0 0 0 1536 1350 113.78 44
Coleambally leads Billabong Crows 2-1

Round 5, May 26 at Coleambally

Coleambally 4.5 11.10 16.12 20.12 132
Billabong Crows 2.2 4.3 5.7 9.11 65
Goals:
COLEAMBALLY: N. Jones, M. Gleeson 5, S. Pound 3, J. Pound, D. Tuohey 2, G. O'Connell, G. Eddie, B. Jones. BILLABONG CROWS: B. Kerr, D. Kirchen, W. Kirchen 2, E. Fealy, M. Ciccia, S. Ryan.
Best: COLEAMBALLY: N. Jones, M. Gleeson, A. McGown, D. Dunbar, D. Mannes, G. O'Connell. BILLABONG CROWS: T. Moloney, B. Kerr, E. Fealy, D. Kirchen, T. Dalitz, S. Ahern.
Archie Dennis Medal: 3 T. Moloney (B), 2 G. O'Connell (C), 1 M. Gleeson (C)

Round 10, July 7 at Oaklands

Billabong Crows 1.3 7.4 10.10 18.12 120
Coleambally 2.2 7.5 8.7 11.8 74
Goals:
BILLABONG CROWS: C. Bakes 6, B. Slattery 4, W. Kirchen 3, M. O'Riordan, D. Doyle 2, D. Kirchen. COLEAMBALLY: N. Jones 3, J. Heath, D. Tuohey 2, M. Gleeson, N. Donnellon, T. Groves, D. Dunbar.
Best: BILLABONG CROWS: E. Fealy, A. Austin, B. Robb, C. Bakes, M. Browalie, J. Willis. COLEAMBALLY: G. Eddie, T. Groves, A. McGown, A. Hardie, D. Dunbar, M. Barry.
Archie Dennis Medal: 3 B. Slattery (B), 2 T. Moloney (B), 1 A. McGown (C)

Round 15, August 18 at Coleambally

Coleambally 6.3 12.4 14.7 14.12 96
Billabong Crows 1.1 3.2 5.5 6.5 41
Goals:
COLEAMBALLY: J. Heath, C. Carroll 3, G. O'Connell, A. McGown, C. Pound 2, B. Jones, T. Groves. BILLABONG CROWS: W. Kirchen 3, B. Slattery 2, P. Jones.
Best: COLEAMBALLY: A. McGown, J. Heath, M. Barry, D. Turner, C. Carroll, M. Gleeson. BILLABONG CROWS: B. Robb, E. Fealy, T. Dalitz, D. Doyle, B. Hamson, J. Hosie.
Archie Dennis Medal: 3 A. McGown (C); 2 C. Pound (C); 1 J. Heath (C)

Analysis: No second chances here. Will it be the big improvers of the competition, the team that finished sixth of seven last year, that resurrects its fairytale and moves into the grand final with a chance to complete a rags to riches story? Or will it be the Blues, the consummate professionals who have had a rough run with injury this year, that progresses and sets up a premiership decider with the Saints? Either way, this should be a cracker. The Crows will be filthy with the way they were bowled over in the second half last week and will be confident of bouncing back. But there is plenty of confidence in the Blues' camp as well after a dominant win three weeks ago. I think the finals experience might tell for the second week in a row.
Verdict: Coleambally by 11 points

RESERVES

CDHBU v Billabong Crows, 12.30pm at Rennie
2.CDHBU
16 11 5 0 1439 625 230.24 44
3.Billabong Crows 16 9 7 0 1139 887 128.41 36
CDHBU leads Billabong Crows 2-1

Round 4, May 19 at Urana

Billabong Crows 3.3 4.5 6.7 8.9 57
CDHBU 1.1 5.2 10.8 13.11 89
Goals:
BILLABONG CROWS: M. Dalitz 2, J. Habermann, P. Haberecht, R. Batten, S. Maloney, D. Fenton. CDHBU: A. Norman 4, C. Healy, M. Tilders 2, G. Bevan, S. Bainbridge, I. Macartney, D. Nixon, J. Willett.
Best: BILLABONG CROWS: P. Haberecht, D. Fenton, C. Foster, R. Anderson, G. Ferguson, R. Batten. CDHBU: A. Norman, C. Christensen, A. Bevan, J. Willett, N. Hogan, I. Macartney.
League Medal: 1 A. Norman (U), 2 N. Hogan (U), 1 R. Anderson (B)

Round 9, June 30 at Saints Park

CDHBU 1.1 7.3 10.2 13.6 84
Billabong Crows 2.3 2.6 2.8 3.8 26
Goals:
CDHBU: D. Nixon 6, I. Bock 3, S. McGregor 2, C. Hinchley, J. Closter. BILLABONG CROWS: M. Ciccia, S. Moloney, D. Fenton.
Best: CDHBU: N. Hogan, P. Phibbs, D. Nixon, C. Hinchley, J. Willett, J. Wilson.
BILLABONG CROWS: J. Habermann, D. Finch, S. Moloney, R. Lieschke, P. Jones, A. Slocum.
League Medal: 3 C. Christensen (U); 2 C. Hinchley (U), 1 R. Lieschke (B)

Round 14, August 11 at Oaklands

Billabong Crows 3.2 6.4 8.10 10.11 71
CDHBU 1.3 3.4 4.7 7.11 53
Goals:
BILLABONG CROWS: P. Beattie 3, M. Ciccia, J. Dalitz 2, P. Jones, D. Fenton, R. Lieschke. CDHBU: L. Bedford, I. Bock 2, I. Macartney, D. Nixon, T. Drum.
Best: BILLABONG CROWS: M. Ciccia, P. Beattie, P. Jones, P. Goldsack, W. Meriton, J. Dalitz. CDHBU: I. Macartney, I. Bock, M. Tilders, N. Hogan, P. Phibbs, J. Wilson.
League Medal: 3 P. Jones (B), 2 N. Hogan (U), 1 S. Day (B).

Analysis: The Crows will be giving themselves every chance to win this with a bounty of experience in the team and plenty of confidence gained from their upset win in round 14. The Saints, meanwhile, had two big wins over the Crows earlier in the season and have been the clear second pick all season. Billabong would love nothing more than to knock their arch rivals over and earn a crack at the Tigers, as they are the only team to beat the flag favourites. However, it is hard to blindside a team more than once and they will need everything in their favour to get through.
The Verdict: CDHBU by 17 points

THIRDS

Jerilderie v Rennie, 11.15am at Rennie
2.Jerilderie
16 11 5 0 1223 542 225.65 44
4.Rennie 16 7 9 0 745 1011 73.69 28
Jerilderie leads Rennie 3-0

Round 1, April 28 at Rennie

Rennie 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 6
Jerilderie -.- -.- -.- 22.13 145
Goals:
RENNIE: C. Sandral. JERILDERIE: J. Payne 5, J. Williams 4, S. Marshall, D. Bell 3, L. Taylor-Nugent, N. Keating, T. Murphy 2, J. Bryce.
Best: RENNIE: M. Clifton, J. Smith, C. Lewis, C. Sandral, D. Keenan. JERILDERIE: J. Payne, J. Williams, L. Taylor-Nugent, A. Sweeney, D. Bell.
League Medal: 3 S. Marshall (J), 2 C. Sandral (R), 1 J. Payne (J)

Round 6, June 28 at Wahgunyah

Jerilderie 1.1 4.2 10.3 12.3 75
Rennie 1.1 2.3 2.3 4.5 29
Goals: JERILDERIE:
S. Marshall 6, L. Taylor-Nugent, J. Williams 2, N. Keating, Q. Bright. RENNIE: C. Saunders, C. Bozzola 2.
Best: JERILDERIE: N. Keating, L. Taylor-Nugent, J. Williams, B. Shaw, Q. Bright, S. Marshall, J. Payne. RENNIE: N. Clifton, C. Sandral, M. Clifton, C. Saunders, J. Smith.
League Medal: 3 N. Keating (J), 2 C. Lockhart (J), 1 C. Lewis (R)

Round 11, August 11 at Jerilderie

Rennie 0.0 3.1 4.2 4.3 27
Jerilderie 4.3 6.4 8.8 10.12 72
Goals:
RENNIE: M. Rhodes 2, C. Bozzola, B. Culhane. JERILDERIE: J. Payne 5, J. Williams 2, S. Marshall, M. Shaw, M. Rowe.
Best: RENNIE: C. Sandral, J. Beams, N. Clifton, C. Bozzola, M. Rhodes. JERILDERIE: J. Payne, L. Taylor-Nugent, D. Bell, S. Marshall, J. Williams.
League Medal: 3 J. Williams (W), 2 A. Sweeney (J), 1 J. Beams (R)

Analysis: What a performance from the young Hoppers to get this far. At the start of the season they wouldn't have been expected to get past Coleambally for a finals berth, and they did that easily. Then they knocked off the Saints in the first semi final for the second time in a row. As a junior club the Hoppers have taken great strides and they will have strong support for this match. But they meet a Demons team that is hunting four premierships in a row and is simply a class above. Jerilderie will win comfortably, but the Hoppers should be proud of what they've achieved.
The Verdict: Jerilderie by 75 points

FOURTHS

Billabong Crows v Rennie, 10am at Rennie
2.Billabong Crows
16 12 4 0 423 395 107.09 48
3.Rennie 16 7 9 0 420 576 72.92 28
Billabong Crows lead Rennie 3-0

Round 3, May 12 at Urana

Billabong Crows 0.1 0.2 0.2 2.4 16
Rennie 1.0 1.0 2.1 2.3 15
Goals:
BILLABONG CROWS: N. Ciccia, J. Walker. RENNIE: H. Murdoch, D. Howe.
Best: BILLABONG CROWS: H. Dalitz, M. Beale, S. Buntin, Z. Kerr, D. Valente, M. Mallon. RENNIE: D. Howe, T. Bordignan, N. Gooch, T. Dowling, H. Murdoch.
B]League Medal:[/B] 3 D. Howe (R), 2 J. Hicks (R), 1 M. Mallon (B)

Round 8, June 23 at Rennie

Rennie 0.0 0.0 1.1 1.1 7
Billabong Crows 0.1 4.3 5.3 5.3 33
Goals:
RENNIE: G. May. BILLABONG CROWS: H. Dalitz, J. Walker 2, J. Walker.
Best: RENNIE: D. Howe, B. Mitchell, J. Robinson, H. Murdoch, J. Ferguson.
BILLABONG CROWS: J. Walker, T. Smith, J. Bourchier, H. Dalitz, M. Beale.
League Medal: 3 H. Dalitz (B), 2 D. Howe (R), 1 M. Mallon (B)

Round 13, August 4 at Urana

Billabong Crows 1.1 1.2 4.5 4.6 30
Rennie 0.0 0.1 0.1 0.3 3
Goals:
BILLABONG CROWS: J. Walker 2, H. Dalitz, T. Creenaune.
Best: BILLABONG CROWS: M. Beale, J. Bourchier, H. Dalitz, J. Walker, D. Valente. RENNIE: T. Dowling, J. Hayes, L. McMillan, B. Goldworthy, B. Culhane, D. Howe.
League Medal: 3 D. Howe (R), 2 H. Dalitz (B), 1 M. Mallon (B)

Analysis: One would expect that the Crows would win this and win it comfortably after two good wins in their last two encounters. However, that first match suggests the Hoppers are capable of an upset, especially on their home ground. Rennie is defending its premiership and would love to move through and get the Saints thinking about what happened last year. I don't think it will happen, as three goals in three games suggests they have trouble cracking the Crows' defence.
The verdict: Billabong Crows by 14 points

I've been reading this site for the last couple of months and am strating to agree with footy.mad that your a creton, you never have anything constructive to say all you do is critisize. Unless you have something intelligent to say don't say anything at all...!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Doobie Renshaw. Yes, I was out of line with that last comment. Apologise to all readers but can't cop rubbish from sniping kids who resort to school playground rubbish. Hopefully they'll pi$s off and the rest of us can enjoy the thread. And hopefully we'll have a Coreen League to talk about in 2008 but after Here It Is' news that is doubtful.

Let's talk footy this weekend. What's everyone's tips? Mine are:
1's - CDHBU??? to beat Coly
2's - Who is playing again? Crows vs CDHBU? CDHBU to win.
3's - Demons to beat Rennie.
4's - Crows ro beat Rennie.

(but I'll be barracking for Coly and Rennie in their games).

What was I thinking re the 1sts? It was the Crows to win over Coly and they did it pretty well in the end (10 goals). Crows way too good and can go into the GF with some confidence on today's effort. CDHBU to win the GF - just.

Crows too good in the 2nds. Beat a good team in CDHBU and did it without Beattie so they are a good side and proved me wrong. Tigers to win next week. - just.

What a cracker in the 3rds. Rennie played out of their skins and had it won until the Demons got out of jail with 5 seconds to go (a bit closer than 75 points Here It Is). Well done to Rennie on their year and hats off to the Demons for not giving up when they looked gone. Tigers to win easily next week though.

A beauty in the 4ths. Unfortunately decided by umpires who gave some puzzling decisions (both ways though) - but the crows had it in their forward line in the last quarter and won fair and square. CDHBU to win well next week though.

Who are you having a crack at mischief?
Was at today's games. Top day and Rennie a great venue - oval in good nick. Good standard games all grades. I don't agree with you hand grenade on CDU being dead certs next week. The billabong boys looked very good in the forward line and remeber that had CDU beat last week until the wheels fell off. I think on today's form the crows can beat them (and their seconds look to be on roll too).

Who are you having a crack at mischief?
Was at today's games. Top day and Rennie a great venue - oval in good nick. Good standard games all grades. I don't agree with you hand grenade on CDU being dead certs next week. The billabong boys looked very good in the forward line and remeber that had CDU beat last week until the wheels fell off. I think on today's form the crows can beat them (and their seconds look to be on roll too).
I was there to Dobbie and agree what a great day.Was having a crack at Hand Grenade this site is for talking fotty not all the other s..t they go on with.

I was there to Dobbie and agree what a great day.Was having a crack at Hand Grenade this site is for talking fotty not all the other s..t they go on with.

I've been reading the thread a while too mischief and HG talks a lot of footy. If you go back probably the last few months you will see that when he gets off his high horse about the crows (who he blames for the CDFL demise and obviously doesn't like them) I enjoy his input (as I do with Here It Is). They both sem to know a bit about the teams. HG is reacting to intermittent cheap shots from a few others (footy mad comes to mind) who are the ones coming up with the rubbish. This thread shouldn't be about calling others poo$ters, cretins or whatever. In the last week one of these people (who has added nothing to the thread has come on and started attacking. Unless you are a mate of these others with the schoolyard stuff (or you are the one person with a few thread names) you should have a good read and see who is being the idiots here. Have a read back a month or two mischief and tell me if I'm wrong eh?:thumbsdown:

is it that obvious i don't like the crows doobie renshaw? well, you're probably right. i'll keep putting in my opinions and will try not to react to those crow lovers footy mad, mischief, the one (who i think are the one little person). sometimes it's hard to fly like an eagle when you keep getting dragged down there with all those gooses.

i've got an opinion on the footy and the cdfl and i'll keep giving it. lucky for some these threads are anonymous.

back to the footy - looks like everyone's off to the hume league next year (see hume thread)

great weekend of footy this weekend... id firstly like to say congrats to rennie in the 3rds on the effort on the weekend and probly should of got over the line in the end... and to the crows in getting in the granny in 3 grades...

if i was CDHBU right now i would be feeling very nervous at this time with the crows playing very well on the weekend...as would i be wuhgunya in the 2s with the crows got some handy players coming back into the team that beat CDHBU pretty easy on the weekend eg. pat beattie..

And yes HG it is very obvious that you dont like the crows... and what would you do if this thread were'nt anonymous??? or do you just want to meet up at the footy this weekend for further discussion???

great wkend of footy this wkend... id firstly like to say congrats to rennie in the 3rds on the effort on the wkend and probly should of got over the line in the end... and to the crows in getting in the granny in 3 grades...

if i was CDHBU right now i would be feeling very nervous at this time with the crows playing very well on the wkend...as would i be wuhgunya in the 2s with the crows got some handy players coming back into the team that beat CDHBU pretty easy on the wkend eg. pat beatie..

And yes HG it is very obvious that you dont like the crows... and what would you do if this thread were'nt anonymous??? or do you just want to meet up at the footy this wkend for further discussion???

Would be pretty hard to meet anyone at the grand final this weekend as the ground will obviously be packed with thousands of Crows supporters.

The same loyal supporters that followed them week-in, week-out for the past couple of years :rolleyes:

CDHBU by 7 goals.

7 goals!? surely after their thrashing of coly on the wkd you would think it would be a closer game then that? if they follow that form up into saturday, they should do alright, no?

There's no doubt it could be a close game and the teams' home and away matches would suggest it probably would be close.

But I just reckon after smashing them in the 2nd semi that the Saints could do the same thing again on grand final day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coreen and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back