Bumped Corey Enright -- rising star?

Remove this Banner Ad

In regards to the OP, I think Enright will eventually play 300 games and go down as one of the greats of the club. I also predict he'll eventually become a triple premiership player.

This thread has promise.

In regards to the OP, I think Enright will eventually play 300 games and go down as one of the greats of the club. I also predict he'll eventually become a triple premiership player.

This thread has promise.
That's a bold prediction

But then again you are the son of god... who am I to question

I think Enright will prove that Murphy won't be a lose.Hopefully Joel Corey can take over from Buddha & one of the new recruits [Kelly,Ablett or Bartels] can fill in for Spriggs.
Haha, isn't hindsight great. Maybe Kelly, Ablett or Bartel can 'fill in' for Spriggs. That is absolutely priceless.

Spriggs used to get the same wraps from Geelong supporters as Gregson's getting now.

Spriggs was touted as being the next Shane Crawford. His looks, gut running and style of game was apparently similar.

Gregson has had no wraps whatsoever coming into the draft. It was all Cockatoo and very little of the other three newbies.

Spriggs was touted as being the next Shane Crawford. His looks, gut running and style of game was apparently similar.

Gregson has had no wraps whatsoever coming into the draft. It was all Cockatoo and very little of the other three newbies.

I wasn't actually talking about pre-draft with Spriggs, you're right about that.
After he started playing, Spriggs used to get the same sort of wraps from Geelong supporters as Gregson's getting now.
Gregson looks like a better player to me, at this early stage, and Spriggs played in a period where Geelong supporters didn't just over-rate some of their players, they grossly over-rated them.
It's always advisable to keep some perspective about new young players.

I wasn't actually talking about pre-draft with Spriggs, you're right about that.
After he started playing, Spriggs used to get the same sort of wraps from Geelong supporters as Gregson's getting now.
Gregson looks like a better player to me, at this early stage, and Spriggs played in a period where Geelong supporters didn't just over-rate some of their players, they grossly over-rated them.
It's always advisable to keep some perspective about new young players.
i am still withholding judgement on a few. unconvinced ottens will fix our forward woes - he seems more a ruckman to me. And what is with getting a kid who got 0 touches in a winning GF over? Mooney will be worse than his brother....also have serious doubts about the recruitment of selwood. dodgy injury history, i think thorp would have been a better bet.

Spriggs used to get the same wraps from Geelong supporters as Gregson's getting now.
Yeah I used to love him. Thought he was hot shit in a champagne glass - instead he was diarrhoea in a dixie cup.
That said Mr. G is outperforming him now - I say that because the players Mr. G is being held up against are much better than the players Spriggs was.

im not sure about anyone else but i used to call david spriggs "martin riggs"

RIGGS_400x400.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea….but Gregson has a quality skills set….Spriggs always had shortcomings..
Spriggs was only ever his running. He never won contested possessions and he couldn't kick or handball any better than average.

Although it should be remembered this is about when Shane Woewoedin won a Brownlow with pretty much the same characteristics.

Haha, isn't hindsight great. Maybe Kelly, Ablett or Bartel can 'fill in' for Spriggs. That is absolutely priceless.
This thread is gold.

Hard to remember a time when Enright was maybe enough to cover the "loss" of Murphy and Kelly, Ablett and Bartels might be able to cover for Spriggs!

Mind you I'd hate to see my own thoughts from back then... I probably wanted Paul Chapman traded to Hawthorn for a packet of biscuits or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back