Review Slow starting Cats come storming home to defeat Tigers by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Ohh all good. My wife speaks American sign language, Portuguese, Spanish and english... Apparently USA sign language is very different to aussie
My non hearing impaired youngest is doing ASL in school. she loves it.
But yes different to ASL there ( aussie vs american)

GO Catters

As has been said before Hello Kitty when it is 17-5 against early on and we are getting smashed we get evener uppers later when it is too late. Been going on for years, and not only the Cats.
Further, when the frees against are so blatantly dubious, yet frees not paid to Geelong <Tanner Bruhn says: "Hi!"> are staggering.

Very satisfied with the response to my post, it was the intent to have posters comment as you, Roos, Pure Ownage + others, because we all watched the cluster**** yet the free kick stats in many games look quite even.

Just wanted to make a somewhat orthogonal comment about reffing in league sports.

I used to believe in umpire bias in the AFL. Then I moved to North America and realized the AFL doesn't have anything close to an umpire problem. The NHL is absolutely ludicrous. The team I follow has crazy stats, like losing the last TEN games in a row when reffed by a particular guy, despite my team being a league leader. Its totally shameless.

GO Catters

Does American SL have a word for AFL, like Aussie SL does?

I'd be staggered if the senior coach doesn't have the final say at most clubs because end of the day if the team fails its the head coach who gets the sack.

Sure they probably trust the line coaches so its a non issue, but if Scott really wants Mullin in the team and King said give him a spell in the 2s we will be seeing Mullin in the team.
It's the same in pretty much all modern leadership though. The best way to get yourself sacked as head coach is underperformance, and trying to control all decisions is an obvious leader trap.

If the last is trying to directly solve all the problems then you have serious issues

Further, when the frees against are so blatantly dubious, yet frees not paid to Geelong <Tanner Bruhn says: "Hi!"> are staggering.

Very satisfied with the response to my post, it was the intent to have posters comment as you, Roos, Pure Ownage + others, because we all watched the cluster**** yet the free kick stats in many games look quite even.
As I posted earlier I thought McNackers response on behalf of the umps was right out of the 101 public service obfuscation playbook

As I posted earlier I thought McNackers response on behalf of the umps was right out of the 101 public service obfuscation playbook
Thankfully I missed it + my BP is grateful

And it is crickets on the AFL website about incidents. Maybe too early, maybe I have too much faith, who knows? Maybe I am just a ham?

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GO Catters
American Sign Language is done basically with one hand , down here we have Auslan (more slang and condensed) and sign English which is more grammatical and spelt out ect both uses two hands in Australia

Then you have different areas that have their own culture and speed when signing .

It can get confusing for those that don’t sign

Last edited:
Just looking at Miers stats. We don’t want his little “form slump” to last too long. 12 possessions @ 25% effective and 6 turnovers. Last 2 weeks he has combined had 5 score involvements and 1 goal assist.

The two games before that he was more “gryan like!” So lets just hope it is a 2 week bug.

Maybe we can release him a little more up the ground given Dempsey seems to be more effective forward? Need Miers as the plus 1 around the contest

Just looking at Miers stats. We don’t want his little “form slump” to last too long. 12 possessions @ 25% effective and 6 turnovers. Last 2 weeks he has combined had 5 score involvements and 1 goal assist.

The two games before that he was more “gryan like!” So lets just hope it is a 2 week bug.

Maybe we can release him a little more up the ground given Dempsey seems to be more effective forward? Need Miers as the plus 1 around the contest

Teams are starting to put work into him

That's why I wouldn't mind seeing a change up in role or where he's lining up to try and create something different - make the opposition have to rethink their plans

The main explanation I've read here is that oppo teams have 'worked him out'. With some saying he's so talented + creative he'll recover by devising new tactics.

He's been so phenomenal, he's allowed a slump. Wonder how four losses after seven wins affects players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back