Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to bifurcate a ventilator so that it treats 2 patients?
In more of a holding pattern mentality would there be any benefit, if ventilators are in short supply, in isolating multiple patients in a confined area and upping the oxygen content of air pumped into that area to assist breathing? I do realise that these patients are drowning in their own lung fluids but any sort of delaying tactic may be useful.
I'm not a clinician so really couldn't say. We won't have enough ventilators so all ideas need to be considered including yours.

seriously though a sportsmed clinic on the east side of Adelaide Oval would be hugely sensible, could allow rapid injury response, and be in keeping with surrounding industry

yes I would hope the State Governments has survey the facilities available in Adelaide and has formulated plans to utilise these in the event of an epidemic.

I guess if the schools are closed some of the classrooms and gymnasiums could be converted to emergency wards. It would require careful planning and thorough decontamination at the end of their use. Of course it is one thing to have the buildings and yet another to staff them.

St Peters Emergency Hospital Kent Town has a nice ring to it. :)

That is an utter farce and someone's head must roll over that. The Princes Line is lucky I am not El Presidente because their ****ing ship would be impounded until they paid for the cost of tracking those passengers down. The Captain of that ship should have known the Australian isolation rules and would have known that he had cases subject to test on board. The Ship's Doctor had tested several passengers and was waiting for their test results yet the Captain let the passengers disembark. The Captain and the Cruise Line are just as culpable as the incompetent Port Authority who flouted the rules. If I were El Presidente there would be some hard gaol time done here.

What happened is a national disgrace and Morrison has to hold someone accountable.

Just cant see how debt ridden entities already under the threat of administration can possibly survive this. PAFC depend on the Showdown to maintain debt repayments, that’s why PAFC get first Showdown regularly now. Organisations that are debt free do not have these pressures.

Cannot see how some clubs can be talking about building swank new clubrooms either. Don't believe for one moment this will not impact all Clubs.

We have been around for 150 years and plan on being around for another 150 pal.

Last edited:
Brazil overtook Australia overnight for number of cases. How are you doing GremioPower ?
Family is quarentined since Saturday. I have been going to the office, but it is only me and the secretary. My mom (huge risk) is isolated at the farm.

That is an utter farce and someone's head must roll over that. The Princes Line is lucky I am not El Presidente because their ******* ship would be impounded until they paid for the cost of tracking those passengers down. The Captain of that ship should have known the Australian isolation rules and would have known that he had cases subject to test on board. The Ship's Doctor had tested several passengers and was waiting for their test results yet the Captain let the passengers disembark. The Captain and the Cruise Line are just as culpable as the incompetent Port Authority who flouted the rules. If I were El Presidente there would be some hard gaol time done here.

What happened is a national disgrace and Morrison has to hold someone accountable.

were all passengers Aus citizens and permanent residents? Hard to blame Border Force if so, but someone in Govt needs to take responsibility.

Family is quarentined since Saturday. I have been going to the office, but it is only me and the secretary. My mom (huge risk) is isolated at the farm.

Stay safe Grem, keep you, mom, there and safe away from unnecessary visitors.

I will back to work on Monday with work colleagues whos activities requires them to be at work only with a lot of apprehensions because I handle incoming shipments. On Monday, couriers did not allow me to sign for the shipment with their handheld device. This is when it home to me. It's highly unlikely to occur, but it can be transmitted on packages on the outer surface and on the contents within. Is that paranoia? If it has the chance of living on a particular surface for more than 24hrs.

I will be required to have disposable gloves to handle packages as of Monday. Just have to readjust on processes for OHS purposes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

were all passengers Aus citizens and permanent residents? Hard to blame Border Force if so, but someone in Govt needs to take responsibility.

400 of the passengers who disembarked were US citizens plus some from other countries. Australian citizens or not there was suspected COVID-19 on board so all passengers disembarking should have gone straight to isolation for 14 days as per the Government's own rules. I realise that the Diamond Princess experience suggests passengers and crew should not have been left on the ship indefinitely but they should have been disembarked and isolated.

We cannot blame Morrison or Dutton for what happened as they were not there but we can blame them if they do not demonstrate they are serious about the isolation rules they imposed.

Went to my local shop...

Me "when does ya next shipment of toilet paper come in?"

Shop dude whispers "I got a pack out the back"

Shop keeper comes back a couple minutes later with toilet paper hidden in a box lol

It's a good day.

yep. Shop local.

A couple of things I have done to protect myself against COVID-19...

• Updated my anti virus software to prevent infection from the COVID-19 virus via the internet. If I carry this update on my phone it should also help with person to person infection.
  • Changed my toilet set from Caroma to Royal Doulton this will prevent me from catching the caroma virus and reduce my need for toilet paper.

Looking at the overnight increases it looks like Brazil is kicking off. Keep a close eye on your ma. They're so independent ;)

A couple of things I have done to protect myself against COVID-19...

• Updated my anti virus software to prevent infection from the COVID-19 virus via the internet. If I carry this update on my phone it should also help with person to person infection.
  • Changed my toilet set from Caroma to Royal Doulton this will prevent me from catching the caroma virus and reduce my need for toilet paper.
Should have gone for Fowler or Porcher.

400 of the passengers who disembarked were US citizens plus some from other countries.
Jesus. If they had recently been in the US you may as well shut down Sydney now.
This is probably why the PM will only shut down hot spots and not cities because Sydney would be first.

Self isolating is a load of crap imo. Cant trust people to do the right thing.

The trouble is that Australians don't want to feel like they are being controlled by the government. Being an island nation, we had the chance to get this thing totally under control and failed spectacularly.

If we'd closed our borders a month ago, detained all citizens entering the country in specially set up warehouses at airports for as many days as required to get all negative tests, and closed the country down for a month or so, we'd probably have zero cases by the end and we could all proceed with life as normal just shut off from the rest of the world. Instead, at least tens of thousands will die, and our economy will get destroyed anyway.

Weak leadership aiming to appease a soft, pampered population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back