Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
How long before other states lock out the vics. I'd be calling this week off and moving clubs around the country

Fremantle could move back to WA straight after the Adelaide game this weekend. Spend a week in hotel quarantine along with a Melbourne team. Then play them, and then go to home and quarantine for a week before the derby.

Meanwhile West Coast plays Adelaide the week after Freo on the Gold Coast, then come home. Another Victorian team comes over at the same time.

This way, we avoid a week off and get Victorian teams out of Victoria and playing in front of spectators.

Season is getting more and more farcical as it goes on. It gets more compromised by the week and made up as it goes along.

Back in the 1990s one of my cousins had a Simpsons tee-shirt which featured Homer Simpson lying on the couch, drinking beer and watching television with the caption 'If it's too hard, it's not worth doing.'

This seems very pertinent to this AFL season.

Governments are the ones that are making the season farcical, European teams in soccer have no problem travelling city to city with thousands of more cases.

The hysteria in Australia is just unreal.

just doesn't stop, you tell people its not really dangerous unless you are 85 and on your last legs and they look at you then they go back to whinging about 2 cases etc etc and we must wipe it out.

its nature, you cant stop it, you have to deal with it sooner or later, sooner would have been better in warmer weather.

sorry to break it to you boys ... and girls , the test is half useless, maybe more.

Irish Essendon players would agree.

My niece on the ground in the medo profession suggests 30% of negatives are positive, and most of positives are indeed positive, for what it's worth.

My niece on the ground in the medo profession suggests 30% of negatives are positive, and most of positives are indeed positive, for what it's worth.

You gotta wonder what the true mortality rate is in Australia don’t you ? How many cases we’ve had in real terms for 104 deaths, would be substantially more than the 7700 reported.

it really goes from one bad joke to another, the public has been scammed and scared out of their minds

i know exactly why jobseeker was doubled and job keeper bought in, their would be a revolution without it, placate the great unwashed with some shekels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it really goes from one bad joke to another, the public has been scammed and scared out of their minds

i know exactly why jobseeker was doubled and job keeper bought in, their would be a revolution without it, placate the great unwashed with some shekels.

How can the wisest person about COVID on BigFooty also struggle with his there/their/they’re spelling......

How can the wisest person about COVID on BigFooty also struggle with his there/their/they’re spelling......

it doesn't come natural, i couldn't be bothered thinking

but on the other hand, you know what they say about attacking grammar .... and not the argument

something something ... weak as

it doesn't come natural, i couldn't be bothered thinking

but on the other hand, you know what they say about attacking grammar .... and not the argument

something something ... weak as

I’m sorry—- I don’t discuss Conspiracy Theories without my tin foil hat. Unfortunately the tin foil was sold out at Woolies (as was the toilet paper), so you’ll just have to wait for Woolies to restock.

I do think we are in a very weird position compared to the rest of the world. Because we are SO on top of it in general, no one wants it to start back up again in the slightest, even 1 case is seen as failure.

Eventually a hard decision is probably going to have to be made because it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere in the rest of the world at the moment where many countries have pretty much given up any real semblance of controlling it (cough US cough).

We can’t keep international borders closed forever, though some early vaccine trials do seem positive from my limited understanding

I’m sorry—- I don’t discuss Conspiracy Theories without my tin foil hat. Unfortunately the tin foil was sold out at Woolies (as was the toilet paper), so you’ll just have to wait for Woolies to restock.

let me guess, nobel prize winners are now conspiracy theorists because you don't hold the same view ?, or me because i happen to agree with him.

that is pretty bizarre ....

Nobel Laureate Michael Levitt ..... "virus that is exactly as dangerous as the flu"

I do think we are in a very weird position compared to the rest of the world. Because we are SO on top of it in general, no one wants it to start back up again in the slightest, even 1 case is seen as failure.

Eventually a hard decision is probably going to have to be made because it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere in the rest of the world at the moment where many countries have pretty much given up any real semblance of controlling it (cough US cough).

We can’t keep international borders closed forever, though some early vaccine trials do seem positive from my limited understanding

Our situation is more that some parts of the country seem to have completely eliminated it (even when that wasn't the goal) while other states haven't quite been able to get there.

If Wales had eliminated it, but England was still infected, then they'd be having the same issues with scheduling their football competitions. It's not an issue if it's fairly evenly spread across a nation - no more risk playing in one city over another.

It's just about inevitable that it'll eventually flare up again in another state. How long until that happens is anyone's guess, but even the 6WA/6SA/6QLD hub models being suggested aren't necessarily foolproof, and we could run into the same discussions we're having now about Victoria's outbreak. The AFL would probably be better to just go with a single state hub (WA is probably safest) if they want to minimise the risk of further disruption

I agree with Robbo on AFL 360 for once. The huge BLM protests not only broke all the rules and potentially spread the virus, but it made everyone else think “ah stuff it, they are flouting the rules so if its good enough for them...”

Our situation is more that some parts of the country seem to have completely eliminated it (even when that wasn't the goal) while other states haven't quite been able to get there.

If Wales had eliminated it, but England was still infected, then they'd be having the same issues with scheduling their football competitions. It's not an issue if it's fairly evenly spread across a nation - no more risk playing in one city over another.

It's just about inevitable that it'll eventually flare up again in another state. How long until that happens is anyone's guess, but even the 6WA/6SA/6QLD hub models being suggested aren't necessarily foolproof, and we could run into the same discussions we're having now about Victoria's outbreak. The AFL would probably be better to just go with a single state hub (WA is probably safest) if they want to minimise the risk of further disruption
100% agree and I'm kind of applying that to the broader world, coz its very similar situations to me and similar logic.

There'll be very few more games in Victoria this year

let me guess, nobel prize winners are now conspiracy theorists because you don't hold the same view ?, or me because i happen to agree with him.

that is pretty bizarre ....

Nobel Laureate Michael Levitt ..... "virus that is exactly as dangerous as the flu"

Michael Levitt has made a comment on the JobSeeker payment being brought in to silence the masses???

Can you please share that with me.

Michael Levitt has made a comment on the JobSeeker payment being brought in to silence the masses???

Can you please share that with me.

lol, yep because buying people off has never happened before, what a tinfoil hat conspiracy - good one you got me ....ZZZZZZzzzzzzz...

lol, yep because buying people off has never happened before, what a tinfoil hat conspiracy - good one you got me ....ZZZZZZzzzzzzz...

So Michael Levitt didn’t say that JobSeeker was done to keep the masses quiet?? Was it a Les Malone original??

I agree with Robbo on AFL 360 for once. The huge BLM protests not only broke all the rules and potentially spread the virus, but it made everyone else think “ah stuff it, they are flouting the rules so if its good enough for them...”

Not a single case has been traced back to being caught at any of the BLM events.

If people thought that it was ok to break restrictions due to seeing people protest, when it posed such a high risk, why was the government in victoria actively seeking to have crowds at AFL games for round 5 of AFL season during that exact same time.

You've also said in a number of other threads, that Indigenous people are dole bludgers and many other racist things, whilst having a Tim Kelly avatar.

trying to blame the BLM protest for the Covid spread in Victoria is just you trying to provide a cover for your racist impulses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back