MRP / Trib. Cotchin Out For 4 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cotchin Gets 4 Weeks or 3 With Early Plea

Brad Scott said on SEN yesterday morning that the contact was not head high but the concussion was from hitting his head on the ground. Maybe they should call Scott as a witness.
didn't Nason get concusssed last week with his head slammed into the ground and not even a free?

The game is balancing on a thread thanks to the new and very inconsistant rules...the officials are making it almost as bad as soccer to watch. I dont know if anyone watched the game on tele before hand? the 79 grand final? OH MY GOD...that was football!! Fierce at the ball without fear of ramifications...players getting absolutely polaxed and getting up to chase the ball...just hard football that should have been shown after the actual game because it ruined it for me...the 79 grand final? made saturdays game looked worse than a game of soccer (due to umpires and new rules)...sorry...im over the bull5hit rules in our game changing on a weekly basis...get some balls back AFL.

Richmond are contesting the charge, I hope they can either get it downgraded or completely get off which would be awesome for the match against the pies.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
It's the same article as yesterday but they have just changed the heading...

& they have just changed the copy...

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. They should have it downgraded as it wasn't high contact.
If he can get it reduced to two weeks, then it's a win.

Harking back to the interrupted pre season, whatever happens the rest will do him the world of good, with where we are at atm and where we want to be in the future. I would even suggest he come back via the 2s after the holiday. There is no need to rush any of our youngsters now. ;)

I expected a 1 week suspension. 2 would have been a bit rough, but you'd accept it. 3 way too harsh and 4 is just a complete joke. As long as we don't go in with a ridiculous defence (ala the Jackson case), we should be confident of getting it reduced.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. They should have it downgraded as it wasn't high contact.
If he can get it reduced to two weeks, then it's a win.

Think they can reduce the reckless bit down to negligent as well.
Say, what's the high impact bit about? I don't get the high contact & high impact bit. What's the difference? Is one where you hit them on the body and the other how hard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ITs time to enlighten those that are still sleeping. The whole deal with the AFL nowadays is to keep the circus going so the punters can keep reading something and talking about something all week until the next instalment of the real thing. The circus employs a heap of people, from the artists(players) to the clowns(BS artists- media), the show keeps rolling on. If it werent for the inconstistencies in most facets of the way the rules are "interpreted", then you wouldnt get much more than a story here or there about a player or tow or an opinion on the fortunes of a team and nothing much more until the teams on thursday. The funny thing is that the artists who go out and kill themselves week in week out are by and large paid less than the BS artists in this circus and those aritists just keep on taking all the shit from those who benefit financially from them busting their butts.
I mean here we are and we have dick heads offering their solution as another 2 field umpires. Like wtf, soon there will be 12 officials on the ground in a game...LMAO... ;)

I don't agree with the 4 weeks and even 3 by pleading guilty seems harsh, but it was a pretty ugly hit, ill directed and clearly late.

When I saw the replay during the game I first thought, ohh that's 2 weeks, but then realised that in 2010 it will probably get him 3 at least.

*EDIT* Glad to see RFC is fighting it. Top stuff.

Unbelievable. There's gotta be a revolution against the AFL regime coming soon, surely. They are making a ****ing mess of things.

This is my feeling exactly, is there some way to get rid of these idiots, maybe a class action, what about AFL members can they vote dimwittio out?

I said this morning to a mate that I thought he should get 2 weeks.. I thought 1 was not good enough for the offence.. 3 is probably just on the borderline.. 4 would be too much... in the end he got 3 which I think is warranted in the end.. but as I said, I would have given 2 weeks for that.

He got 4, it's 3 if he admits guilt, way over the top, not the best of bumps, but if you look at it closely he didnt have time to pull out put could have opened his arms to cause less damage, if they use any precedents they would quickly see that a penalty of this size is ridiculous when compared with Hille who threw the elbow out to make sure he connected yet had no case to answer.

Hypothetically, if dustin fletcher trips a player and that player knocks his head on the ground and is concussed, would that be high contact.

I think you could argue it is, not unlke the baker case when he blocked farmer off the ball. He made contact outside of the rules and was therefore responsible for the injury.

The final injury outcome probably has more sway than the point of contact, reportable incidents often get overlooked when there is no apparent damage.

This could end badly.

ITs time to enlighten those that are still sleeping. The whole deal with the AFL nowadays is to keep the circus going so the punters can keep reading something and talking about something all week until the next instalment of the real thing. The circus employs a heap of people, from the artists(players) to the clowns(BS artists- media), the show keeps rolling on. If it werent for the inconstistencies in most facets of the way the rules are "interpreted", then you wouldnt get much more than a story here or there about a player or tow or an opinion on the fortunes of a team and nothing much more until the teams on thursday. The funny thing is that the artists who go out and kill themselves week in week out are by and large paid less than the BS artists in this circus and those aritists just keep on taking all the shit from those who benefit financially from them busting their butts.
I mean here we are and we have dick heads offering their solution as another 2 field umpires. Like wtf, soon there will be 12 officials on the ground in a game...LMAO... ;)

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: The umpires a more important than the players when we have enough umpires on the ground ......lets say 22 then it will be perfect.

Hypothetically, if dustin fletcher trips a player and that player knocks his head on the ground and is concussed, would that be high contact.

I think you could argue it is, not unlke the baker case when he blocked farmer off the ball. He made contact outside of the rules and was therefore responsible for the injury.

The final injury outcome probably has more sway than the point of contact, reportable incidents often get overlooked when there is no apparent damage.

This could end badly.

How? Will they hang him?

dumbest thing is that it says he can't get a reduction for having a good record becuase you have to have had a clean record for 5 years, he hasn't even been in the AFL for 5 years so surely common sense says his would just be from when he started playing.

walker one was a joke, got assessed as low impact yet he almost knocked himself out.
good point - discrimination anyone? totally unfair for all players with under 5 years experience. also what about the 5 year player with 100 games (ie Tambling) and the 5 year player with say 20 odd games from same draft (ie Rusling, Newton or Moran). Surely having a clean record is easier if you've played 20 games as opposed to 100.

This discrepancy aside, I think the system needs more fine-tuning as opposed to an overhaul. Having a points system is a step forward as it builds in some consistency in treatment of incidents, however, the human factor which intervenes via MRP interpretations needs urgent attention. As Hille/Cotchin proves, the MRP interpretations vary considerably across the season and at times even across any given week. That can have a major impact on penalties. Improve that part and the whole system will look way better.

Yep, what shit. Honestly, what is the point of being able to contest a charge? May as well just hand down definite penalties.

so shit!
the thing that makes me so angry is he has a good record! and even Hille got off
so annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back