Could a gun KPP fall to our pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

And quite possibly a KP player that we desperately need, however no chance on Watts.:(

Is there really no chance? I mean, a couple of months ago, this guy was just another one of those average KPP prospects, out of nowhere he has become a possible 'number one pick', although I doubt it. From the sounds of it, he could be the next Franklin, or he could be the next Keppler Bradley, he could easily do nothing for a while and have a well times burst of form at the right time, or he could slip IMO, because there might be a risk with him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I think I just made all of that up, however, from what I have gathered, he is a bit of unknown who has hit some form. I don't think we should discount the fact that he could slip a little.

Is there really no chance? I mean, a couple of months ago, this guy was just another one of those average KPP prospects, out of nowhere he has become a possible 'number one pick', although I doubt it. From the sounds of it, he could be the next Franklin, or he could be the next Keppler Bradley, he could easily do nothing for a while and have a well times burst of form at the right time, or he could slip IMO, because there might be a risk with him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I think I just made all of that up, however, from what I have gathered, he is a bit of unknown who has hit some form. I don't think we should discount the fact that he could slip a little.

Watts wasn't an unknown, it was just unknown whether or not he was going to choose footy over Bball, which he now has. He may have jumped up a few spots in peoples estimations but he was always very highly rated.

Watts wasn't an unknown, it was just unknown whether or not he was going to choose footy over Bball, which he now has. He may have jumped up a few spots in peoples estimations but he was always very highly rated.

and a good carnival can do wonders for you. Just ask Palmer.:thumbsu:

With his injury, is Trengove likely to slip to the second round?..........Our second round?

With his injury, is Trengove likely to slip to the second round?..........Our second round?

On exposed form early this year and last years final series I highly doubt it. Could still be a top 10 pick. Showed plenty against quality opposition last year and even had the better of our Kreuzer in the finals, although Kreuzer was carrying a bit of a niggle.

Players as versatile and talented as Jackson will still be in high demand even coming off injury.

On exposed form early this year and last years final series I highly doubt it. Could still be a top 10 pick. Showed plenty against quality opposition last year and even had the better of our Kreuzer in the finals, although Kreuzer was carrying a bit of a niggle.

Players as versatile and talented as Jackson will still be in high demand even coming off injury.

Speaking of the injury TGR, any word on how his recovery is progressing?

I would have thought that someone like Yarran would be perfect for us to take with our first pick.

Super quick HFF who would add a lot of defensive pressure to our forward line and can help Eddie out.

Draft a small forward, trade for a Tall? Wouldn't mind having too many options for the forward line for a change.

Havn't heard anything of late HBF. All I know is he's meant to miss the rest of the season and was hoping to be fit for draft camp.

Hope this is still the case.
Would be real shame if his injury prevented him from showing his class at DC.

I would have thought that someone like Yarran would be perfect for us to take with our first pick.

Super quick HFF who would add a lot of defensive pressure to our forward line and can help Eddie out.

A lot of posters are still talking him up as a top 4 pick, I think he's only been serviceable in u18 champs so far, but still continues to perform extremely well in WAFL.

We'll know more in a weeks time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if were looking for height and key position type players, look for steven gaertner, number 19 for vic metro and is playing on wednsday at the dome against WA. Just the type of player carlton needs. Would be good to see him drafted.

I wouldn't be opposed in drafting 2 forwards in this draft (if we don't get another via trade). We need them desperately. I would like a setup like this in 2010:

Betts Fevola Edwards
Fisher CHF HF

That means 3 tall forward targets and 3 smaller to pick up crumbs and run up field, though obviously 3 talls on the ground at one time would not always be best. I would love to have Mckinley fill the HF. If Hartlett gets his body together i hope he gives the CHF spot a real crack.

I think it is definitely possible that hurley could be picked up at around number 8. A recent article in the age tells us of his lack of pace to match it as a KPP and the doubt which some clubs have shown in this lack of pace. I think hes a gun and I hope the Blues pick him up.

I read Hurley was far more suited to CHB than CHF? We have already drafted 2 CHBs - Bower and Austin (Both recieved AA honours in that position if im not right? Or maybe it was just Bower?). We need a dedicated CHF. full stop.

Watts :D

yep i agree with that, think an x-factor HFF is a position we are crying out for. (hate to say but a dale thomas mould would be great).

Think we may be able to shuffle the 'pack' around in our team and maybe cover that CHF spot for another season if we dont get a good KPP prospct in this years draft.

Austin's development becomes super important now (and sentanta for that matter).
If he can hold down CHB, allows waite to go forward and of course Hartlett another option if fit can step up 2 CHF.

Disagree. We have a lot more pressing needs than a small forward. We have to get a CHF first to straighten us up before we start thinking about how to fine-tune our forward line.

Players like Yarran and Rioli last year are the 'cherry on top' players, not the 'making the cake' types if you get what I mean. Hawthorn proved that last year when they picked Rioli finally after numerous amounts of KPP and I think we'd be right to follow that model.

Disagree. We have a lot more pressing needs than a small forward. We have to get a CHF first to straighten us up before we start thinking about how to fine-tune our forward line.

Players like Yarran and Rioli last year are the 'cherry on top' players, not the 'making the cake' types if you get what I mean. Hawthorn proved that last year when they picked Rioli finally after numerous amounts of KPP and I think we'd be right to follow that model.

Depends if Austin can step up to CHB don't you think?
I know its a big 'IF', but from all reports Austin is developing fairly nicely in the antz, which would then release waite to CHF/HF.

Our Backline could be:
Carrazzo/armfield Jamison Thornton
Walker/scotland Austin Bower

Our Forward line coul be:
Fisher Hartlett Waite
Betts Fevola (Yarran)

But ideally, i think best available player should be our mindset.

No good settling for a second rate KPP, if a dangerous midforward/midfielder like yarran or hartlett is available.

Will be interesting at draft day, either way we're bound to add another quality youngster to our list:thumbsu:

Couldn't possibly handle it any worse that the St Kilda scouts did after their run of #1 picks:

2003: R. Clarke
2004: A. McQualter
2005: Traded first round pick for Fergus Watts
2006: D. Armitage (ahead of Brown twins, A. Everitt, J. Frawley & J. Reiwoldt)
2007: Ben "Headered my first touch in AFL but still better than Kreuzer" McEvoy

:rolleyes:
Frawley and the Brown twins? :eek: :rolleyes:

Nathan Brown has the turning circle of the QE2. :)

David Armitage is a gun and will play great footy for the Saints.

He might be the next Lenny Hayes.

Spot on post.

We need a KPP to not only straighten us up but provide a bit more hardness with a big body. Right now Carlton aren't the hardest of teams and we seem to really suffer against teams like Brisbane who have a lot of hard at it players.

I for one will be gutted if Carlton take a small HFF in this draft. First of all, this is the easiest position to gap-fill. Much harder with a KPP.

People also forget the knock on effect. Another KPP means all the other players drop down one level of difficulty in terms of opponent, a la Judd in the midfield. This can not be underestmiated. A small HFF will not bring this benefit.

I read Hurley was far more suited to CHB than CHF? We have already drafted 2 CHBs - Bower and Austin (Both recieved AA honours in that position if im not right? Or maybe it was just Bower?). We need a dedicated CHF. full stop.

Watts :D

If he nominates, Watts won't fall past 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could a gun KPP fall to our pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back