Could Buddy spoil the party for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

The thought of Buddy having one of his bursts in front of 90k at the MCG makes my undies wet. You can smell fear on every opposition player and supporters when he's wired into that frequency. Its the equivalent of getting a lighting bolt striking 50 times constitutively on the tip of your knob. You don't know what's happened until its over and by then it's too late.

It's for this very reason we can win the game and convincingly to boot. He is a clear and ever present danger.

Not if Clarko pulls out the mid-ground kick to kick gameplan again. Man, that was excruciating to watch last time.

Not if Clarko pulls out the mid-ground kick to kick gameplan again. Man, that was excruciating to watch last time.

He's not going to use his good tactics just use the chip to chip that work's on the bottom side flood back so Buddy gets absolutely smashed in 3 on 1's .

Buddy is a match-winner, everybody knows that. Could he have a day out and help his team upset the flag favourites? And if not, who will do the job on him for Collingwood?
He wasn't fully fit last weekend, but Sydney's defence weren't able to take advantage of that. The Swans as a whole did not play well for three quarters and should have lost by more. He won't be fully fit this week either, but I expect it to be a lot harder for him against Collingwood's defence on Friday. Collingwood will treat him as though he is fully fit though, and Chris Tarrant will spend most of the time on him, but he won't be alone.
During the mid season Collingwood looked unstoppable. But the last two games they look a bit wobbly (90 point loss to the Cats and having a narrow win againt West Coast at the MCG).
Collingwood were playing bruise free, self preservation footy in Round 24, whilst Geelong wanted to make a statement, but mainly the team were buggered because it was the longest successive matches of any finalist at the time. The last bye was twelve matches ago way back in Round 13, and with more game time for players this year due to the sub rule, that was an eternity.

Collingwood needed a physical and mental rest and it was showing in the past two matches, and they had to play a few defenders that were not quite fit against West Coast due to the loss of Ben Reid. He will be back this week, along with Dale Thomas, and this bye had definitely come at the right time. I also think West Coast were terrific in the Qualifying Final and prior to Saturday night, it was the only final of five that was played at finals intensity. Usually when a team lays 100 tackles, they win!
While it's had to seperate Collingwood and Geelong when they are playing at their best, Collingwood hasn't played to their best for a while now. If Collingwood can find their form again it should be a convincing win against the Hawks, but if they can't then anything can happen.
Collingwood will field their strongest team of the season this week, and I'm sure the mind and body will be ready to play.

Clarko's got the gameplan he's being waiting to use all season. The pies will have no idea what it was if we start to fall behind he will use it if were in front he will save it for the big one.

Genius this bloke. He also sacrificed the qualifying final against Geelong to ensure the Hawks would be match fit by playing a cut-throat elimination final against Sydney, then another cut-throat prelim against the Pies, all in the name of this super-secret game-plan that will catch the whole competition breathless.

Genius this bloke. He also sacrificed the qualifying final against Geelong to ensure the Hawks would be match fit by playing a cut-throat elimination final against Sydney, then another cut-throat prelim against the Pies, all in the name of this super-secret game-plan that will catch the whole competition breathless.

I have said before the Geelong final is the only game we have tried our hardest and lost. In the previous 2 Geelong game's we were leading and just shut up shop same as the Adelaide game and the Collingwood game we didn't even try just flooded back and bombed it to buddy who had Tarrant, Reid and Maxwell on him. The Final against Geelong we were smashed that's why I think they will win the Premiership. That comment was more a tongue in cheek reply to the Collingwood poster who stated Buddy is Leon Davies 2.0 in finals.

But, if the Hawks supporters were to be believed, that gameplan is innovative and effective, it will definitely lead the Hawks to a premiership. Why try to move the ball quickly into your forward line when you can chip it around for a few minutes, allowing your opposition to setup their defensive structures?

Very much like the qualifying final against us, I don't think it will matter if Buddy has a good game. Overall, the Hawks are much weaker than Collingwood and have a very susceptible backline.

collingwood will close lance down, but he will still kick 3 or 4 goals.. in saying that, my opinion is the real factor for the hawks on friday is the spark cyril and hodgey will provide.. the team lifts whenever these two are firing.

I have said before the Geelong final is the only game we have tried our hardest and lost. In the previous 2 Geelong game's we were leading and just shut up shop same as the Adelaide game and the Collingwood game we didn't even try just flooded back and bombed it to buddy who had Tarrant, Reid and Maxwell on him. The Final against Geelong we were smashed that's why I think they will win the Premiership. That comment was more a tongue in cheek reply to the Collingwood poster who stated Buddy is Leon Davies 2.0 in finals.

I don't follow. We smashed you, therefore you will win the GF against either us or WC, who are a very tough team?

Maybe I just read this wrong. Your logic should suggest the opposite.

Not a chance in hell. Buddy will physically and mentally controlled by Collingwood’s backline. Buddy does well against weak opposition and fails against elite teams which have a relentless defensive pressure. He will not be given a single inch of space and will struggle to kick more than 2 goals. Buddy cannot work in confined spaces and Collingwood will exploit this. Watch Buddy struggle and the excuses people will make for him.

Buddy is Leon Davis 2.0 in finals

Congratulations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(1) Tarrant was recruited to do the job on players like Franklin.

(2) Franklin can kick 7-8 goals, as long as Rioli and the Hawks midfield are kept out from scoring, then Magpies still have advantage.

(3) Hawks best chance is to dominate the midfield, win the inside 50s and have as much scoring opportunities converted as possible.

Reids a massive in so theoretically between him and Tarrant we have heaps of cover.

Could Buddy spoil the party? Of course he could.

In fact he'll need to. Cant see them winning without a big contribution from him. Collingwood on the other hand wont be relying on individuals like Hawthorn will. Stop Hodge Mitchell Frankin and Rioli and you've gone a long way to winning.

Reids a massive in so theoretically between him and Tarrant we have heaps of cover.

Could Buddy spoil the party? Of course he could.

In fact he'll need to. Cant see them winning without a big contribution from him. Collingwood on the other hand wont be relying on individuals like Hawthorn will. Stop Hodge Mitchell Frankin and Rioli and you've gone a long way to winning.

Stop Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas and Cloke and Hawthorn have gone a long way to winning ;)

Stop Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas and Cloke and Hawthorn have gone a long way to winning ;)

Not far enough though

Our next 18 are far superior to Hawthorns next 18

Besides three of them you have named have been pretty much unstoppable all year. Hodge and Rioli especially have gone missing at times this year.

I'm not saying Hawthorn cant win...far from it, they are a genuine chance.....just that they will rely FAR more on their top 5-6 players than Collingwood will.

I'm not too worried about Buddy IMO, i'd rather him play than not play because if he doesn't play we'll have no idea who/where to match people on, without Buddy goals could come from anywhere and we'd end up being too top-heavy for the small guys.
It's the midfield that's got me worried, Hodge and Mitchell always dominate us and with Lewis in such good form has the ability to shut down Pendles or Swan. It is most certainly the biggest cliche in footy but this game WILL be won or lost in the middle

Not far enough though

Besides three of them you have named have been pretty much unstoppable all year. Hodge and Rioli especially have gone missing at times this year.

I'm not saying Hawthorn cant win...far from it, they are a genuine chance.....just that they will rely FAR more on their top 5-6 players than Collingwood will.

Hodge was our best against Geelong in the 1st final we played and in the top few against Sydney on the weekend. I know he hasn't had anywhere near the same year as years gone by, but he will always stand up in big games. You are correct on Rioli though, too inconsistent.

Your next 18 aren't "far superior" to Hawthorns by any stretch. You won 2 more games this year in the H&A ffs, "far superior" would be winning 6 or 7 games more. You have better structures in place than us and you have been practising them for longer. That's the only difference and why you won 2 more games than us this year.

Not far enough though

Hard to stop midfielders if they aren't being tagged which Collingwood don't do.

Both Mitchell and Hodge have good records against Collingwood

Not a chance in hell. Buddy will physically and mentally controlled by Collingwood’s backline. Buddy does well against weak opposition and fails against elite teams which have a relentless defensive pressure. He will not be given a single inch of space and will struggle to kick more than 2 goals. Buddy cannot work in confined spaces and Collingwood will exploit this. Watch Buddy struggle and the excuses people will make for him.

Buddy is Leon Davis 2.0 in finals

You peanut, Buddy now averages over 4 goals per game, in all finals he has played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Buddy spoil the party for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back