Could Buddy spoil the party for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not too worried about Buddy IMO, i'd rather him play than not play because if he doesn't play we'll have no idea who/where to match people on, without Buddy goals could come from anywhere and we'd end up being too top-heavy for the small guys.
It's the midfield that's got me worried, Hodge and Mitchell always dominate us and with Lewis in such good form has the ability to shut down Pendles or Swan. It is most certainly the biggest cliche in footy but this game WILL be won or lost in the middle

:rolleyes:

Buddy will turn it on friday night kicking 3.11. his team going down by 10 goals...

Buddy and cyril.Mr and Mrs Inconsistency...

I don't follow. We smashed you, therefore you will win the GF against either us or WC, who are a very tough team?

Maybe I just read this wrong. Your logic should suggest the opposite.

Meh it was tongue in cheek to him saying Buddy was Leon Davis 2.0 in final. I then said that before The final against Geelong I thought we were better than them but they absolutely smashed us and that's why I think they will win the flag.

Not a chance in hell. Buddy will physically and mentally controlled by Collingwood’s backline. Buddy does well against weak opposition and fails against elite teams which have a relentless defensive pressure. He will not be given a single inch of space and will struggle to kick more than 2 goals. Buddy cannot work in confined spaces and Collingwood will exploit this. Watch Buddy struggle and the excuses people will make for him.

Buddy is Leon Davis 2.0 in finals

[youtube]sX161ulHrSA[/youtube]

Franklin will probably kick a bag, but he will be the only player to do so for the Hawks. Other forwards will be blanketed by Collingwoods defenders. So unless he can kick 14, Hawks wont win.

Buddy will turn it on friday night kicking 3.11. his team going down by 10 goals...

Buddy and cyril.Mr and Mrs Inconsistency...

For a second there I thought you were saying Buddy is inconsistent but I'm sure I misread it and that you're really not that stupid.

For a second there I thought you were saying Buddy is inconsistent but I'm sure I misread it and that you're really not that stupid.

Pretty sure the poster meant he is incosistent in regards to goal kicking, not performance. I.e he can kick 4.6 in a game, which is obviously a good result, but accuracy could be better. Which is very true, in Franklins case.

Pretty sure the poster meant he is incosistent in regards to goal kicking, not performance. I.e he can kick 4.6 in a game, which is obviously a good result, but accuracy could be better. Which is very true, in Franklins case.

I wouldn't presume to know what any poster means who comes up with such gems as Mr & Mrs Inconsistency to try to make his point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood have to start short favs! Greatly coached team. Many champion players and rested! But Hawks can win if they play at our best. I hope we don't drop Hale behind the play as we did in our H&A match. Left Buddy one out and it was just a party for Reid.

Interesting, if you look at recent games, the key to the Hawks winning is Hodgy not being best on ground! ;-) In the two big losses in the last two years, he has been or nearly been best on ground (okay 30d plus games)! ;-)

Well, maybe I just give people the benefit of the doubt, rather then assume the worst? :p The poster wasnt wrong, especially in terms of Rioli.

Probably why I didn't take issue with the Rioli part of the comment. ;)

Although the way it was presented, it probably wasn't worth any response at all.

We all know West Coast will flog Geelong on Saturday :)D)... but it seems few have given the Hawks much of a chance against the Pies on Friday night.

Collingwood have announced they are wary of Lance Franklin as their biggest hurdle towards consecutive grand final appearances - shut down buddy and another GF berth is effectively theirs.

Buddy is a match-winner, everybody knows that. Could he have a day out and help his team upset the flag favourites? And if not, who will do the job on him for Collingwood?
This thread belongs on the stating the bleeding obvious board.
P.S Plenty are giving the Hawks a chance, dont just make things up.

Chris Tarrant says 'nah'

467062-lance-franklin-and-chris-tarrant.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Buddy spoil the party for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back