Alphanumeric

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
West Coast's Ben Cousins is set to finally tell the story of his battle with drug addiction, according to his manager Ricky Nixon.

Nixon said today he expected Cousins would lift the lid on his public fight with the problem within the next six weeks.

Cousins was suspended indefinitely by West Coast last March after it was revealed he had been battling a substance abuse issue.
Source - http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/cousins-set-to-talk-manager/2007/09/01/1188067420248.html

Do it now, not the day after his team gets knocked out as is probably the plan.

Yeh im sure Woosha would totally agree with that idea. He has a job too do. He can tell his fairytales after his job is complete

Do it now, not the day after his team gets knocked out as is probably the plan.

???????? Why does it matter.
Or is so we can have another month of Cousins and WC bashing while certain drug addicts from other clubs are spared public and media scrutiny....

I say if he did what Joey did, he'd gain respect and admiration from not only his peers, but fans alike for laying it all out on the table here and now.

He wouldnt gain my respect by ignoring the upcoming finals series to go off telling stories. I dont think many Eagles fans at all would be happy if he did it during the season. Itd just put unwanted scrutiny back on the club and put us under more pressure

Better off keeping his mouth shut IMO. Right or wrong he generally comes across as smug and arrogant.

Peoples opinions of him are already set anyway.

I would like Cousins to come out and tell his story, but only when he is ready to do so. It wont change my opinion that he is a champion footballer who has had to deal with some pretty serious isues in his career due to some bad decisions.
If he does speak then i would be interested to hear, if he doesnt then it wont really bother me. As long as he continues down his path to recover and plays some good footy, im happy.

Best he just shuts up till after the season ends.

Contrived sob stories and carefully considered and legally checked preprepared fairytales arnt really applicable during a finals series.

Who cares anyway...he's had his chance to talk. Ohers have the guts to admit problems and at least try to be honest. Cousins has lost respect after his gutless response to the issue. best he leaves the excuse miongering or apologies till after the footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

???????? Why does it matter.
Or is so we can have another month of Cousins and WC bashing while certain drug addicts from other clubs are spared public and media scrutiny....

Yes but the other players' fathers haven't come out in the media saying their boys have been naughty. These blokes had private medical records stolen and sold to Channel 7, there is a massive difference.

What part of that can't you West Coast supporters see?

Hint: I've bolded the important part to help you out a bit.

The irony of this all, is that he spent thousands and thousands of dollars down the toilet on drugs, he'll get it all back by selling his story, if not make a profit.

Hes giving a certain amount to charity. Not sure how much the deal is but unless its close to 1 million dollars I think its safe to say hes lost out on the deal

Best he just shuts up till after the season ends.

Contrived sob stories and carefully considered and legally checked preprepared fairytales arnt really applicable during a finals series.

Who cares anyway...he's had his chance to talk. Ohers have the guts to admit problems and at least try to be honest. Cousins has lost respect after his gutless response to the issue. best he leaves the excuse miongering or apologies till after the footy

Thats exactly what it will be, stage managed and paid for interview. Johns interview was free and he was completely honest. Nixon is the one who will stage manage this and he is as slippery as an eel thats been marinating in extra virgin olive oil.

Yes but the other players' fathers haven't come out in the media saying their boys have been naughty. These blokes had private medical records stolen and sold to Channel 7, there is a massive difference.

You're an idiot if you think they deserve better than what Cousins got. :thumbsdown:

Yeah really smart.......I hope he admits to taking drugs during the season........and gets suspended by the AFL for it

At least cousins had the guts to deal with his problem, not putting it off until his records were stolen. You dis his credibility for nottelling about his problem to the public, but u defend players who haven't even dealt with their problem, but its okay since their records were stolen?

At least cousins had the guts to deal with his problem, not putting it off until his records were stolen. You dis his credibility for nottelling about his problem to the public, but u defend players who haven't even dealt with their problem, but its okay since their records were stolen?

Well put :thumbsu:

This distinction made between Cousins and ALL the other drug using AFL players makes no sense. 25+ players have tested positive for illicit drugs. Why the hell does Cousins deserve all the abuse when all he has done is use the same drugs these guys did?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins set to talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back