Cousins still in denial

Remove this Banner Ad

And coke and speed/ice are functional drugs as well - You can take them and no one would notice a bit of difference.

That's the crux of the matter. Up until a point, you can do coke, you can do ice/speed and no one will know - unless they are *very* good observers or have some experience.

How do you think models, actresses, musicians, entertainers etc all continue to work - even though a lot of them have decent sized habits?

All of which raises the questions of how long Cousins et al have been weekend bingers vs needing a line or two to get out of bed. Love to have a doctor look at a few septums...

Exactly.

If i was in charge of an AFL team or coaching and AFL and i found out that a star player of mine was dabbling in drugs, i'd be hauling his can into my office and giving them an ultimatum. It may be inconsequential if it's a minor habit, but ultimately no good can come of it, it's damaging for the player and it's damaging for the club.

These drugs hat have been allegedly taken are illegal under our laws, whether we like it or agree with it, it is fact.

Thats the problem, not only are they against the AFL drug code but they are illegal in whatever state they live in.

"You see I don't work within the exact boundaries of the law because I wasn't consulted when the damn laws were made."

Quote from Waiting... - a movie I watched last night. No real relevance. Funny movie though.

"You see I don't work within the exact boundaries of the law because I wasn't consulted when the damn laws were made."

Quote from Waiting... - a movie I watched last night. No real relevance. Funny movie though.

Unfortunately a lot of people think the same way.

I don't agree with that, so therefore they can go and get ....I will do as I please.

Ricky Nixon has come out and said that the story Caroline wrote is 100% false. The article was of course saying that Ben Cousins was refusing help from outsiders and family. Either he is defending Ben to take attention away from the problem or the article is actual bull****. Judging by Caro's strike rate, I tip it would be a bit of propagenda

Ricky Nixon has come out and said that the story Caroline wrote is 100% false. The article was of course saying that Ben Cousins was refusing help from outsiders and family. Either he is defending Ben to take attention away from the problem or the article is actual bull****. Judging by Caro's strike rate, I tip it would be a bit of propagenda

I would tip that as a player manager he is employed to deflect, wheras Caro is employed to spill the beans while remaining within the libel laws. its what she therefore cant disclose which leads me to believe that there is a lot more to this.

We really don't know how bad his habit is. There's every chance he's right and he doesn't need to go to a rehab clinic to kick his problem.

Haha you quoted me before I edited my post. I realised I misinterpreted Campbell and I don't like having deleted posts sitting there so I responded to you instead.

Laugh.jpg

This is very sad.

Thought he would of wanted to beat his problem.

Seems not.

What problem?

$3k a week is nothing, he can stop whenever he wants to.

Pretty difficult to feel sympathy for someone that lacks the courage to accept responsibility for his actions and admit fault.

Yea, well cousins isn't a 'junkie' is he, he's an elite athlete who played a major role for the best team in the country in 2006 = not a $3K a week junkie. Doesn't matter if he was spending 10 times the normal price for gear.

You're one of very few making sense on this thread.

FFS, you can’t do what Cousins does on the field and be spending 3K a week on gear. He runs harder than anyone.

The m0le who wrote the article needs to be slapped silly!!!!!!

Her lies are worse than Cousins drug taking and the saddest thing is a lot of morons take it as fact and are accepting of the tripe written in it:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're one of very few making sense on this thread.

FFS, you can’t do what Cousins does on the field and be spending 3K a week on gear. He runs harder than anyone.

The m0le who wrote the article needs to be slapped silly!!!!!!

Her lies are worse than Cousins drug taking and the saddest thing is a lot of morons take it as fact and are accepting of the tripe written in it:thumbsdown:

It seems Ben isn’t the only one in DA NILE

What problem?

Pretty difficult to feel sympathy for someone that lacks the courage to accept responsibility for his actions and admit fault.

Agreed.

I was sad for myself and my football club.

Jesus but you have been on a bloody high horse this last week. Its one thing to take potshots at a club that denied your mob a flag by a point, but do you think this is anything more than kicking a bloke when he is at his lowest. Not that he would ever read Bigfooty mind, but the concept still stands:

ie, what the bloody would you know about Ben anway. Let his club, mates, game, fans and family answer for themselves without you being their unappointed spokesman.

And that goes for the rest of you too, while I am about it. :mad:
Agreed

Im sick of these self righteous p---ks acting as if they are superior moral beings and kicking a person whilst hes down. You do not know other peoples circumstances so don't force your 'holier than thou' attitude on everyone else.

How much you earn and what your profession is has nothing do do with the fact that ANY addiction is insidious and controls those who are addicted to it. It does not leave anyone immune - rich or poor, man or woman, black or white, famous or joe average.

Nothing changes the fact that Ben Cousins has a serious addiction and needs help - and I hope to hell he gets it!

if anyone can do it i believe it would be cousins...however i don't think even he can beat it without help.

<shrug> he made his choice, its up to him to change it

a good start would be to give evidence against his dealer, helping the cops put the dealer in gaol would be good for him and for decent people for a start.

What problem?

It's nothing about courage and accepting responsibility.

He cant admit fault because the drugs have skewed his perception on reality, from his point of view he's perfectly OK. It's like saying a schizophrenic lacks the courage to stop the voices. Doesn't work like that.

He can't be of sound mind if he thinks he's OK visiting a servo late at night all whacked out to get dodgy food when he could be saving his career.

He cant "stop whenever he wants to" he's an addict.

<shrug> he made his choice, its up to him to change it

a good start would be to give evidence against his dealer, helping the cops put the dealer in gaol would be good for him and for decent people for a start.

Oh right - cause that's what all good citizens do - to their mates. You clearly inhabit a pretty idealistic world. While I wish you luck, do say hello to the pigs that fly past your window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins still in denial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back