Cousins suspended indefinitely - according to SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have been told a few times that testing is done only at the club, and the officials know about it in advance. That may only be 30 mins in advance though.

Maybe its different over there, or changed this season.But I do know that the players have to have mobile numbers updated and have to be switched on 24/7, so they can be tested.

Its drummed into them about their responsibility to themselves and club re what they ingest.

Did you ever think that MAYBE this will make Judd stay? Perhaps the fact that he is the leader of our club in a time of turmoil and he is seen as the "golden child" admired by all not just Eagle fans that maybe this will make him stay and help to re-build the clubs image? and seriously who better to re-build it???

I can't see him walking away from the Eagles not right now, he has way too much integrity to do that. Judds just fking with all of your heads he isn't going anywhere! :cool:

It's probably more true that too many of them feel like they're the untouchable "golden child" - they are professional sportsmen - Judd has no reason to be loyal to anything but the dollars he can get for as long as he's able to play.

Did you ever think that MAYBE this will make Judd stay? Perhaps the fact that he is the leader of our club in a time of turmoil and he is seen as the "golden child" admired by all not just Eagle fans that maybe this will make him stay and help to re-build the clubs image? and seriously who better to re-build it???

I can't see him walking away from the Eagles not right now, he has way too much integrity to do that. Judds just fking with all of your heads he isn't going anywhere! :cool:

The WC midfield apart from Juddy is either in rehab, intensive care or prison. Walk - he'll be running

God I hate the footy press. :mad:

The most obvious question was who ordered the drug test?

If it was a random test under the AFL drug testing code then it would seem more than a coincidence he wasn't at training.

If he was tested because the club ordered it then that would indicate they are well and truly over all of this.

very good point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing like a seasoned club official trotting out the hyperbole when the chips are down to make everyone feel better ... that is a nothing comment.

And even if a group of grown men got 'the biggest blasts from the CEO ever seen in the game', what difference would it make to them?

I know that in Melbourne a 'seasoned club official' is an old bloke in a club tie who tows the company line, but at West Coast 'seasoned' seems to imply the sprinkling of some kind of powder.

God I hate the footy press. :mad:

The most obvious question was who ordered the drug test?

If it was a random test under the AFL drug testing code then it would seem more than a coincidence he wasn't at training.

If he was tested because the club ordered it then that would indicate they are well and truly over all of this.

They have been all over this since last week.

Can the club just get blood testing done on their players. I thought that was a no no.

I'm sure if they felt he'd done an Angwin they'd be within their rights to call them in.

Cousins's 'personal problems' is apparently with his gf Samantha - apparently theyve split up - he also moved back home with his parents.

Can the club just get blood testing done on their players. I thought that was a no no.

Carlton tested Norman and Angwin, it was frowned upon but the results were there so what can they say. I think it would have been a urine test rather than a blood test, but not 100% sure on this

Maybe its different over there, or changed this season.But I do know that the players have to have mobile numbers updated and have to be switched on 24/7, so they can be tested.

Its drummed into them about their responsibility to themselves and club re what they ingest.

All i have heard is that it is done at the club, usually after a match or after a training session. 24/7 seems a bit exsessive, what if they have gone surfing for a couple of hours? Movies? They have to have some time where they know they wont be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back