Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

… and the sheep, while imagining their place in Australian folklore alongside Eureka, Galipoli and Tobruk, do little but add weight to Dunning-Kruger’s theory.

On a brighter note… I was genuinely warmed by the mass of young people doing their civic duty getting vaccinated down at Homebush early Monday morning.
Think many people have at least a tinge of hesitancy given the hasty production of these vaccines but we are all in this together and to see these youngens out in force, especially when any unforeseen long-term harm is likely to impact them more than us oldies, made me quite emotional.
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Dunning-Kruger theory ?

Excuse my ignorance but what is the Dunning-Kruger theory ?
My understanding of it is that those that are incapable of something have a high opinion of how capable they are at that thing, those that are highly capable underestimate their ability to do something.

My understanding of it is that those that are incapable of something have a high opinion of how capable they are at that thing, those that are highly capable underestimate their ability to do something.

People who are not very good at something, think they are amazing.

People who are very good at something, think they should be better.

That's how I was taught it.

The scum have now gone to the Shrine. Typical of these *******s. You are nothing like our diggers. Pathetic campaigners.

Best thing that could happen would be remove the coppers from the equation and let real Construction workers sort them out. They would sort them out guaranteed as they are filthy that their reputation as some of the hardest workers in the World is being brought into disrepute by this complete filth of humanity.

Victoria….. place to be

People in protests would not actually know what to do if the police and Pollies came out and said ok you win what do you want

Would be like when my dog caught the cat once, it didn’t know what was next

You've lost me

Imo these protestors are just out to be arseholes

They don’t even know what they want

Same people will start looting soon if they can

They are Greg Hunts

These a scary bread of arseh*le out there these days who just want to cause trouble at any opportunity

There are people genuinely passionate about a cause or suffering hardship in this case

But the protests become something else imo and get hijacked by Greg hunts as you say

Might be a few actual tradies sure but mostly twits is my guess

These a scary bread of arseh*le out there these days who just want to cause trouble at any opportunity

There are people genuinely passionate about a cause or suffering hardship in this case

But the protests become something else imo and get hijacked by Greg hunts as you say

Might be a few actual tradies sure but mostly twits is my guess
This is 100% heard from someone who heard from someone information

But did hear that it was a few guys who were tradies that were anti-vax complaining and wanted to go to the union, then a bigger anti-vax group got wind on it and it spread from that

Same source said when he went to work (tradie working on a hospital) he copped abuse from "tradies" outside. Told his union rep, union rep said to go outside and film them which he did and when they ran the footage none of them were registered in the union

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whist I rarely venture here I leave you with this gem of a report from the earthquake + protest

But the quake did little to deter construction workers from protesting in Victoria. In anti-vaccination group chats on Telegram, the messaging app, some protesters speculated that the authorities had orchestrated the quake to deter them.

“We need to be sure whether it is an actual natural occurrence,” said one user.

Darwinism in action.

Whist I rarely venture here I leave you with this gem of a report from the earthquake + protest

But the quake did little to deter construction workers from protesting in Victoria. In anti-vaccination group chats on Telegram, the messaging app, some protesters speculated that the authorities had orchestrated the quake to deter them.

“We need to be sure whether it is an actual natural occurrence,” said one user.

Darwinism in action.
Apologies if this post is in any way unintelligent (I have had Sky news on in the background for most of the day and feel my brain cells slowly dying). It was interesting that it was a trade protest this morning, but the minute they all arrived at the Shrine it became an anti-vaxxer protest. Seems the right wing media know the ****wits involved have just put every Victorian other than conspiracy theorists and right wing nut jobs offside with one decision.

Got first jab today, quite relieved about it actually. I was a bit nervous before this shot when I'm not normally, maybe the anti-vaxxer stuff got to me a bit even though I never believed it... fear is a powerful persuader and I can understand how my relatives got sucked in based on the links they were sending me. I think we might be able to get to 90% vaccinated, at least here in Canberra, without even having to make it mandatory, which would improve things considerably, though we are not out of the woods yet as this will put a strain on our hospitals...

Got first jab today, quite relieved about it actually. I was a bit nervous before this shot when I'm not normally, maybe the anti-vaxxer stuff got to me a bit even though I never believed it... fear is a powerful persuader and I can understand how my relatives got sucked in based on the links they were sending me. I think we might be able to get to 90% vaccinated, at least here in Canberra, without even having to make it mandatory, which would improve things considerably, though we are not out of the woods yet as this will put a strain on our hospitals...

ive had both mine now, day 1 i had someone follow me to the car (she was at the gym in the same building) telling me ive let the country down and part of an experiment, get home and flush it out with OJ

ive had both mine now, day 1 i had someone follow me to the car (she was at the gym in the same building) telling me ive let the country down and part of an experiment, get home and flush it out with OJ

Well mRNA vaccines are quite new and work differently to other vaccines, but I was listening to a podcast with a virologist recently and he said that they don't stay in your system for that long and they don't change your DNA (obviously). He said he used to be skeptical about them, but actually changed his mind about them when he saw the results:

(it's a long interview, but it is time stamped so you can jump directly to the part about mRNA vaccines)

Andrew Barr has been really good in his press conferences, he explained that people will still need to quarantine if they get COVID while vaccinated. What we really need now to bring an end to lockdowns is rapid antigen testing as well as a way to properly enforce quarantine. I believe that both can be done if the political will is there. If you lived in a close knit community where everyone knows everyone, you could get by without vaccines and other measures, but it's too risky at the moment given how much people move around these days. We could all just travel less and stay within our local communities, but in a way we are paying the price for how interconnected the world has become. Maybe that is what will happen in the future, and we will all live in smaller, self-sustaining communities with limited contact with outsiders?

Thats just... what? My brain can't even begin to get that

yep regardless of what you think of vaccines her suggestion to OJ it out tickled me

maybe oj can cure covid?

i made the mistake of walking out with the info they give you, she was trying to argue they dont tell us about it, but all the docs showee otherwise

Well mRNA vaccines are quite new and work differently to other vaccines, but I was listening to a podcast with a virologist recently and he said that they don't stay in your system for that long and they don't change your DNA (obviously). He said he used to be skeptical about them, but actually changed his mind about them when he saw the results:

(it's a long interview, but it is time stamped so you can jump directly to the part about mRNA vaccines)

Andrew Barr has been really good in his press conferences, he explained that people will still need to quarantine if they get COVID while vaccinated. What we really need now to bring an end to lockdowns is rapid antigen testing as well as a way to properly enforce quarantine. I believe that both can be done if the political will is there. If you lived in a close knit community where everyone knows everyone, you could get by without vaccines and other measures, but it's too risky at the moment given how much people move around these days. We could all just travel less and stay within our local communities, but in a way we are paying the price for how interconnected the world has become. Maybe that is what will happen in the future, and we will all live in smaller, self-sustaining communities with limited contact with outsiders?

who knows

maybe we could have built hospitals and invested more in health the last 2 years as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Back