Play Nice Cowardly assault at Melbourne vs Hawthorn match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why we have security and seriously I seen dickheads acting like dickheads at games without the urge to punch them

If they are knocking drinks out of your hand or very verbally well over the top have a chat to the security about it.

People just need to grow up

I hear what your saying but what this fool did was akin to spitting in your face, there are some dog acts that deserve an immediate retaliation.

But surely deliberately smashing a drink from a person's hand is a violent act.
Which doesn't justify the retaliation. I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be pulled up for what he did but it doesn't give the guy who punched him a free pass to do so

Still didn't keep his hands to himself it's an offensive action that has caused fights since the dawn of time, just ban alcohol at the footy
I'd say the issue is as much about how guys are told they should react as it is the booze

$5,500 for pitch invasion, $500 for common assault.

We really do have our priorities right.
Signs yesterday said it's over $9k for a pitch invasion now

I hear what your saying but what this fool did was akin to spitting in your face, there are some dog acts that deserve an immediate retaliation.
No, what he did was knock a drink out of someone's hand. That isn't akin to spitting in someone's face. There is no comparison

It’s called restraint

Your first reaction is to resort to violence and escalate the situation

Very very concerning

Did I say resort to violence? You have a PC problem attacking posters with your over the top PC'ing. It's foolish

The way the guy smacked the drink out of his hand has always, anywhere been an invite for a fight. It's not a simple case of a spilt drink like you said. Do it in the manner it was done, natural reaction 9/10 times

What stuff?

Watch channel 9 news. Shooting his mouth off. Lapping up his notoriety.

Quotes from others on here of him shooting his mouth off and goading others.

Don’t conflate this with me thinking a violent response is approparite.

It illustrates a history of poor decision making from the victim too. The victim’s condition explains it, but someone should be helping the victim to make better decisions.

I doubt the 34 year old puncher has any such excuse and should suffer the consequences accordingly.

The victim does have history and isn't as innocent as portrayed. Plenty of links on social media to see that.
BUT IN NO WAY DOES THAT mean he should get punched. Anybody saying otherwise over a beer is deluded.

Did I say resort to violence? You have a PC problem attacking posters with your over the top PC'ing. It's foolish

The way the guy smacked the drink out of his hand has always, anywhere been an invite for a fight. It's not a simple case of a spilt drink like you said. Do it in the manner it was done, natural reaction 9/10 times
It’s not a PC response

How hard is it to step back and let security handle the situation instead of resorting to violence which could have long term consequences for both yourself and the victim

Because YOU chose to escalate the situation

That’s good he took responsibility.

Did you see all the other inflammatory stuff the victim has done in the past? It’s not a once off, it’s a pattern.

It’s probably a pattern for the thug too and likely alcohol related. A good bloke doesn’t go around trying to punch people in the head. If he can’t handle his drink, he shouldn’t drink.

I get what you are saying, a few weeks ago Benny was being interviewed after the Saints game and got aggressive. He needs to tone it down a little and attend with someone that can supervise.

Kudos to the Hawk supporter that jumped in to stop the damage, well done Sir.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not a PC response

How hard is it to step back and let security handle the situation instead of resorting to violence which could have long term consequences for both yourself and the victim

Because YOU chose to escalate the situation

Me? No not me

But anyway, the victim escalated the situation

I think it’s time we take a look at the epl model of alcohol service. All drinking at seats are banned. This is starting to just get ridiculous

How cashed up or more likely simply piss weak at handling your drink do you have to be too get that drunk at the footy that you are swinging on blokes anyway?

Seriously.

Me? No not me

But anyway, the victim escalated the situation
You just stated that it’s grounds for a fight anywhere

And yes the victim did a stupid thing , yell at him and get security involved.

Physically punch his head in and face charges or worse would be escalating a situation further than it needs to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just stated that it’s grounds for a fight anywhere

And yes the victim did a stupid thing , yell at him yes and get security involve

Physically punch his head in and face charges or worse would be escalating a situation further than it needs to be

It's escalation on escalation then isn't it

And my point about anywhere, is that the reaction would be natural 9/10 times anywhere else, it's just the way people are and people know doing what he did is likely to get you punched in the head, everyone knows that

Go up to someone having some alcohol and knock his drink out of his hands in that same way, I dare you, someone you don't know, I doubt you will, because it's most likely you'll get punched in the head

It's escalation on escalation then isn't it

And my point about anywhere, is that the reaction would be natural 9/10 times anywhere else, it's just the way people are and people know doing what he did is likely to get you punched in the head, everyone knows that

Go up to someone having some alcohol and knock his drink out of his hands in that same way, I dare you, someone you don't know, I doubt you will, because it's most likely you'll get punched in the head
It’s still isn’t a justification just because it “happens everywhere”

That's the kind of "natural reaction" we should have evolved past. It's pure numbskull-ery.

What a drink? Go to the pub where’s the venue is better equipped for it imo

If you are just buying $12 odd dollar pints from the bar during quarter time breaks, that’s like four pints over a game. Maybe six if you smash it at half time. Factoring in a pre load. Even at 2 pints a quarter, I just can’t see how you are getting enough on board to just want to start smashing blokes.

Which means you are either a lightweight or a violent thug anyway.

If you are just buying $12 odd dollar pints from the bar during quarter time breaks, that’s like four pints over a game. Maybe six if you smash it at half time. Factoring in a pre load. Even at 2 pints a quarter, I just can’t see how you are getting enough on board to just want to start smashing blokes.

Violent thug would have broken the bloke's face. Beer hitter was neither hurt or bothered. Lightweight who has never been in a scrap ever vs pest who's probably been had dozens of better hits.

As I said earlier in the thread, you've got to have that f**kwit in you already to "punch on" when drunk, regardless of how much you consume. It's an in-built, ingrained dissatisfaction or unhappiness or mental illness of some sort, that alcohol draws the curtain back on rather than outright causes.

This means that the problem is more nuanced and complex and can't just be dealt with by the law, but requires fundamental changes in people's lives and upbringing and (often intertwined) social and socio-economic situation. Given that, properly fixing this gets put in the "too hard basket", and alcohol and drugs get the blame, and "tougher sentencing" to "send a message" gets talked about.

As I said earlier in the thread, you've got to have that f**kwit in you already to "punch on" when drunk, regardless of how much you consume. It's an in-built, ingrained dissatisfaction or unhappiness or mental illness of some sort, that alcohol draws the curtain back on rather than outright causes.

This means that the problem is more nuanced and complex and can't just be dealt with by the law, but requires fundamental changes in people's lives and upbringing and (often intertwined) social and socio-economic situation. Given that, properly fixing this gets put in the "too hard basket", and alcohol and drugs get the blame, and "tougher sentencing" to "send a message" gets talked about.

Pretty much this.

Would be interesting to see what sort of numbers the Dees man blew.

Probably wasn’t even that pissed.

This reminds me a bit of Egg Boy and that MP, one should never strike a minor, unless he cracks an egg on your scone.
Very much the same arguments being had around justification and escalation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back