Cox Plate

Remove this Banner Ad

The rain will suit the chasers in the track i believe...

I still cant go past SYT but I can see it getting challenged..

1. SYT
2. Wall street
3. Zipping
4. Whobegotyou (alot has to go right for whobe to get near SYT)

Barrier 10 suits whobe so it can sit at the back and swoop late, still if it has to make up 5 lenghths form the 400 it isnt strong enough to catch SYT.

I'll definitely be taking Avienus in the multiples....So you think wins but think it should have given More Joyous a bigger fright then it did last start. Ran into more trouble than Ned Kelly but kept powering along the rail which wasn't doing a lot this day.

I was liking him until i realised that MJ gets 8Kg for beating him a length last start!!!. I still might throw him in the f4 though or a small place bet, might sneak in 5 lengths 3rd in a blanket finish :p
58 down to 55.5 = 2.5kg
55.5 up to 59 = 3.5kg
2.5 + 3.5 = 6, not 8kg :p

It's still WFA so More Joyous will have to be as great as many think she can be to even be a chance of knocking off the boys here, let alone the other factors 'against' her. LYF has successfully carried big weights before. I just don't think there's a 7/1 Vs 100/1 difference between them.
There's no doubt on facts, figures, form, class and (imo) ability to run the 2000m - More Joyous is the better chance, but for mine, the weight turnaround hasn't really come into it as looking outside the box a little, I think the weight (turnaround) argument, especially in WFA, can be overrated or is at least a minor factor.

Woudl love nothing mroe then to see Whobe charge round the bend at the Valley and run over the top of SYT in the final 100, however unlikely it may be! :D

My 4.
SYT
Whobegotyou
Shootout
Wall Street

Thinkin Zipping and More Joyous will be around the amrk as well.

The value betting for me will be potential place bets. Wall st and WHobe are phenomenol horses - when was the last time you could have got over 3 bucks for the place on either of those horses?!?!

Quality field IMO.

interesting to see tab sportsbets market with so you think out of the the field

MORE JOYOUS 3.10/1.42
SHOOT OUT 4.80/1.75
ZIPPING 6.00/2.00
WHOBEGOTYOU 6.50/2.10
WALL STREET 7.50/2.30
TRUSTING 9.00/2.60
CAPTAIN SONADOR 26.00/6.00
LUEN YAT FOREVER 31.00/7.00
AVIENUS 35.00/7.80

6.50/2.10 whobe looks a very safe bet

Jessicabeel $15 >>>>> $11

Happy i took the 15's, lot of money coming for it and My Bentley.

You can still get 15's off Sportingbet, but I doubt that will last long.

The trainer (John O'shea) said Jessicabeel "can't lose" after trackwork this week, but whether that was a tongue in cheek comment or not is up for debate.

I'm on Precedence for the Melbourne Cup at 40's so I hope it runs second tomorrow.:)

Smokin' Joey given too much respect from punters at the moment, surprised to see it that short.

For all the betfair punters out there, who will you be laying tomorrow? Personally I'll be laying Rekindled Interest. Think he may need a bigger track and may get too far back. Thoughts on others?

While you can't knock SYT's form, look at Shoot Out, Zipping, More Joyous, Wall Street and Whobe. There are huge positives in all their previous runs. I am going out on a limb, with thunder forecasted, I think one of these horses will cause an upset.

SYT hasn't been tested, whether it is because he is a freak or just average race tactics from opposition, we will see tomorrow.

I really like Whobe, loves the Valley and was ridden upside down when beaten by SYT. Wall Street and Shoot Out have the class and form. I really do believe that SYT is vunerable, and 1.45 is an absolute joke!

As for the rest of the day, punting wise it is pretty lean. I'm keen on Shootoff in the Vase, Rockpecker in the Crystal Mile if rain comes and on-pace bias, Hot Danish to beat Caviar (won't beat on it, just love HD), Precedence to romp in and Lady Lynette in the last!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so you think should win. if he has a good lead at the school. he could win by a record margain. i might throw zipping and shoot out is a trifecta with so you think

i put $10 each on whobegotyou at $16 fixed odds and a first four for $10 with so you think, whobegotyou, shoot out and more joyous with 41%

Wow, Black Caviar, WOW.:thumbsu:

Such a pity Hay List didn't run, you could just see both of them taking off at the 500m and it would be such a great run home, oh well, hopefully in 2 weeks they will clash.

Gone 20 each way on Wall Street.

He is New Zealand's best horse and Ginga Dude confirmed his form the other day. His Spring Classic run last year was a better time than SYT win last year. Although I think SYT should win, Wall Street is my official 'second' best. Go you good thing!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox Plate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back