Opinion Cox...

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we need to be pumping games into Sinclair, he is more back up than anything else at the moment and long term. Lycett though should definitely be given more games next year so long as he deserves them, but also with Cox being rested more often. This obviously hinges on Naitanui being fully fit. IF Naitanui is injured, I would like to see Cox still play the predominantly FF position and allow Lycett to start getting some real ruck work at AFL level alternatively when Cox is out due to being rested Lycett could then play that FF role that Cox should play next year. Early surgery/rest (ie now Jackovich you dumb heck) and a full preseason for Naitanui is vital for him and our team. Going forward Naitanui is entering his peak years and we need him to start playing 60-70% in the ruck for us to be any chance at contending in the future.

Yeah a lot hinges on Natanui's fitness with the Cox/Lycett/Sinclair plans. I agree Sinclair should only be the injury backup but I do think Lycett has to get games pumped into him with an eye to the future when Cox is gone. Don't want him completely thrown in the deep end once Cox goes and we lose our strong ruck advantage.

I hope Natanui works on his endurance over the off season. If he just had that slightly bigger endurance he would be able to get those few more possessions and more in red time. He seems very tired at the end of each quarter (repetitive sprints and all I know, impact athlete) but more work on that and that will help the team a lot, hopefully these niggles go away :mad:

The longer Cox, Glass, Rosa, Butler, Embley and Kerr remain on the list, the longer it is before the younger players are developed into a premiership threat.
We know what they have done and they are not likely to win us a premiership again. Time to move on IMO.

They have been great servants of our club.

Disagree 100%. Dropping masses of young untried players into AFL footy without the benefit of a healthy core of senior players doesnt help develop careers one iota, getting flogged and physically smashed every week is an impediment. Take all of those blokes out of our lineup and we go from remaining a premiership threat (injury gods willing) to GWS. Worse than GWS because our young players aren't as talented. You also haven't explained where the replacement players will come from if we delist a third of our squad, for example are we hoping to pull gun players from pick 50+ in the draft or are we going to pluck top end AFL players from the WAFL... lol

Cox, Kerr and Glass are all good for 2014. Nicoski, A.Selwood and Embley aren't.

I'm not sure why Rosa and Butler are being brought into the discussion when there are players like McGinnity, Dalziell, Morton, Dick and Hams on the list. A few of them who i would happily replace with a speculative pick, because while the speculative pick might have a low chance of making it. A few of these guys have zero.

288301_gp.jpg

Another year of "corrr come on ump!" :D

Disagree 100%. Dropping masses of young untried players into AFL footy without the benefit of a healthy core of senior players doesnt help develop careers one iota, getting flogged and physically smashed every week is an impediment. Take all of those blokes out of our lineup and we go from remaining a premiership threat (injury gods willing) to GWS. Worse than GWS because our young players aren't as talented. You also haven't explained where the replacement players will come from if we delist a third of our squad, for example are we hoping to pull gun players from pick 50+ in the draft or are we going to pluck top end AFL players from the WAFL... lol

Do we have 21 players in our squad?

Cox, Kerr and Glass are all good for 2014. Nicoski, A.Selwood and Embley aren't.

I'm not sure why Rosa and Butler are being brought into the discussion when there are players like McGinnity, Dalziell, Morton, Dick and Hams on the list. A few of them who i would happily replace with a speculative pick, because while the speculative pick might have a low chance of making it. A few of these guys have zero.

Agreed. This is probably a reflection on the quality of our list but I think McGinnity does offer something with his pressure that we don't have much of. His lack of skills do hurt him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game by number 46 this week. If he wants to play on and is fit, I hope he does. He'll lose the number 1 ruck mantle - but can't complain having Cox as the 2nd ruck. And he can help continue develop Lycett.

Dropping all your experienced players for speculative late draft picks is crazy. No wonder we don't have a 300 gamer yet.

You mean 1 good quarter? No, he is still done and should retire at seasons' end.

People are seriously over estimating his performance against some average opposition. He won't retire and probably should retire at seasons end, but i won't be expecting much in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Cox...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back