Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Or winning flags.
How many of us in here remember 58?
Hi there - as previously mentioned - attended that happy occasion with my father who won a bet with a Melbourne supporter at his work. The Melbourne supporter left the £1 on my father's desk on the Monday morning with a note saying "you bastards" - hilarious 🤣

Hi there - as previously mentioned - attended that happy occasion with my father who won a bet with a Melbourne supporter at his work. The Melbourne supporter left the £1 on my father's desk on the Monday morning with a note saying "you bastards" - hilarious 🤣
My dad was there too. He was 16 at the time. Think he went with his footy club.

My dad was there too. He was 16 at the time. Think he went with his footy club.
No pre-sold tickets then - rock up and buy them on the day - think my Dad and I got the last 2 seats in the old Southern Stand.
PS - was at the preliminary final that year when we beat North.

At least you're still young at heart.

giphy.gif
What is in that bag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flags are sensational but the most joyful seasons are ones just like this with a young list that has potential.

We get to watch them develop, all the highs and lows - it should serve as a reminder for some here that the journey itself is the reason and the realization of the dream the destination.

Enjoy the journey people.

I saw 2021 that way and for me it was one of the most entertaining seasons despite finishing 17th.

Queens Birthday was one of the best wins you’ll ever see. Seeing the young lads debuting and developing was a treat.

I see a number of posters referring to Craig McRae as "Fly". I appreciate that this is a familial nickname and as such is usually something shared between well known acquaintances. I was comfortable with 'Bucks' as he was a long standing Collingwood presence - I'd cheered his playing days and sweated and cried through his tenure as coach. Once Craig has made his mark and established his credentials with a series of emphatic wins I'll be happy to accept him as a long standing mate. If a premiership falls his way then 'legend' status may well be bestowed.

I see a number of posters referring to Craig McRae as "Fly". I appreciate that this is a familial nickname and as such is usually something shared between well known acquaintances. I was comfortable with 'Bucks' as he was a long standing Collingwood presence - I'd cheered his playing days and sweated and cried through his tenure as coach. Once Craig has made his mark and established his credentials with a series of emphatic wins I'll be happy to accept him as a long standing mate. If a premiership falls his way then 'legend' status may well be bestowed.

Once upon a time we were referring to Jock as “Mr McHale”. Go even further back and we would have been using the formal pronoun “thou”.

Social customs and language evolve. Who knows, in 10 years we might have reached full hieroglyphics and he has his own emoticon …

🏉 + 🪰 = 💪

Once upon a time we were referring to Jock as “Mr McHale”. Go even further back and we would have been using the formal pronoun “thou”.

Social customs and language evolve. Who knows, in 10 years we might have reached full hieroglyphics and he has his own emoticon …

🏉 + 🪰 = 💪
Apparently Lou Richards who gave cheek to everybody only ever called Jock McHale "Mr McHale" 🤣

I saw 2021 that way and for me it was one of the most entertaining seasons despite finishing 17th.

Queens Birthday was one of the best wins you’ll ever see. Seeing the young lads debuting and developing was a treat.
Thats interesting. For me 2021 was one of the blackest i can remember. The off season turmoils, the clubs name being dragged through the mud by our own doing and the slide down the ladder. I have to say I havent been able to shake that blackness yet. My gut feel is we will be paying for our sins for a good few seasons yet. McRae has a really tough gig for mine. He is firmly in the honeymoon period currently but that never lasts. His task to get us back up against the odds will be monumental. If he succeeds and I will happily see myself as a sour old whiner.

Our kids are in their honeymoon period also. I hope people remember that if things get tough and the kids struggle. I wonder whether we have too much expectation for them already. Just getting a large number of kids in doesnt mean we will rise in a couple of seasons to contend. Most clubs who go this route dont. Correcting our list imbalance is a difficult task. My real concern is looking at most other clubs they seem better placed to improve relative to us in the next few seasons.

Apologies for being a pessimist, especially to Jasper84, who I am pretty sure will strongly disagree with me.

For 2021 to be looked back on the season you saw 76 it will have to be followed by a move back into contention, otherwise you will look back with a different view a few seasons down the line. I hope I am the one who had to change.

Apparently Lou Richards who gave cheek to everybody only ever called Jock McHale "Mr McHale" 🤣
Very generational also. All my friends parents were always Mr and Mrs. Even to this day, not that there are many left, I would call them that and feel uncomfortable if they said call me Gwen or what ever.

At the same time I have never been called Mr by my kids friends or by juniors at work and would hate to be addressed that way. Things changed.

My last post got deleted.

So I’ll focus solely on the current coach rather than past failings.

Fly’s training regime (so far) appears to have NOT increased soft tissue injuries. Bravo sir!!

I love that he and his new staff have kept soft tissue injuries to a minimum. They are protecting young players from unnecessary injuries so they can maximise development.

I just love Flys professionalism and understating of player management so far. Hasn’t put a foot wrong since he was announced coach.

I’m loving the new era!! Obviously a long way to go, but so far I’m loving that he wants us to play contested footy and move the ball fast into the fwd 50.

I love that he creates distinct roles for players like Grundy to make the game simple and identifies his weakness was connecting with midfields and coming up with strategies to improve him.

Can’t wait to watch this team evolve under him in 2022 and beyond!!

i'm working on some new material. I hope you're thinking up stuff for when we're 0-5.... I never liked him at the bears...ooops i should save it
All I’ve got at the moment is McCrap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back