Roast Cripps - time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Clurey (who was part of the best defence we've had in the Hinkley era in 2020 btw) still has what, 2 years left on his deal? At what i'm assuming is AFL starter level money? But we also have to trade a bunch of 1st and 2nd round picks for KPDs.

The top 20 picks could all be future Hall of Famers and it doesn't justify our list management over the last two years. We traded a 2024 first rounder out for Ratugolea and Soldo last year and traded a 2024 first rounder back in for Houston this year. So we effectively traded Houston for Ratugolea and Soldo. All time terrible list management.
You've said this a few times now

Didn't we trade pick 18 this year for Esava and Soldo?

Houston = getting pick 13 + the steaks and spoons this year doesn't it

The above bolded presumes that we don't trade out Houston if we keep pick 18, what I'm not sure we do
He is still wants to go to Vic for his misses
Port still like the draft

And it's not like port have been content with one pick in drafts they like in the past

You've said this a few times now

Didn't we trade pick 18 this year for Esava and Soldo?

Houston = getting pick 13 + the steaks and spoons this year doesn't it

The above bolded presumes that we don't trade out Houston if we keep pick 18, what I'm not sure we do
He is still wants to go to Vic for his misses
Port still like the draft

And it's not like port have been content with one pick in drafts they like in the past
We traded Houston for Ratugolea, Soldo, and a 5 pick upgrade if that makes you feel better, which it shouldn't. Still all time awful list management.

We traded Houston for Ratugolea, Soldo, and a 5 pick upgrade if that makes you feel better, which it shouldn't. Still all time awful list management.
That's still incorrect
Even moreso

The Houston deal was horrible, as was the decision to trade for Esava what we did for (who was out of contract at the time). Soldo I can understand being worth a 2nd.

But there two horrible deals, what we got for Houston isn't linked to Esava or Soldo.

That's still incorrect
Even moreso

The Houston deal was horrible, as was the decision to trade for Esava what we did for (who was out of contract at the time). Soldo I can understand being worth a 2nd.

But there two horrible deals, what we got for Houston isn't linked to Esava or Soldo.

I disagree. We're trading picks in the same round of the same draft, so you can certainly link them, and I think it helps to show how much we damaged our list development over the last 2 trade periods.

Out: 2024 Pick 18
In: Soldo, Ratugolea

Out: 2025 1st, Dan Houston
In: 2024 Pick 13, Lukosius, Richards, Atkins, 2024 Pick 29.

I'm not adding in late minor pick swaps because they don't count as value.

Combined:
Out: 2024 Pick 18, 2025 1st, Dan Houston
In: Soldo, Ratugolea, 2024 Pick 13, Lukosius, Richards, Atkins, 2024 Pick 29

We've effectively been given pick 29 to take on Atkins contract, so i'd suggest you could effectively separate out our 2025 1st for Luko, Atkins and Pick 29. I think we'd likely have been able to do that deal separately or close to it.

Which leaves
Out: Dan Houston, 2024 Pick 18
In: Soldo, Ratugolea, 2024 Pick 13

I'd argue we're behind a clearcut 1st round pick in value over the 2 trade periods. It's horrendous.

Absolutely bizarre

Melbourne had Clayton Oliver who is a complete mess and Christian Petreca who had more legitimate claims over Houston to get traded to a BIG melbourne club

Guess what Melbourne did

THey held them to their contract.

Question about our defence. To me it looked like that we didn't play the high line as much in the second half of the year. To me it looked like a significant change. They still played it, but not as high and with cover.

Was I imagining that?

I observed the same thing. Not sure if it was every game but certainly some games in the last quarter of the year

Lol. Love the outright lie regarding the alleged Wingard trade.

But to be fair, why would a List Manager remember what we actually got in that deal when you can just claim it netted us the two best players.

The PR damage control spin coming out of Davies & Cripps in the past 24 hours has been insulting.

CD: “This deal was the best possible deal Port Adelaide could achieve in this trade period” - then don’t do the deal in this period you absolute pillock, he’s contracted.

And Cripps’ revisionist history on the Wingard trade and what it returned aren’t much better.

This deal irks me to no end. This is the same club that once upon a time sent Nick Stevens to the draft. C'wood getting one back and only through because of our own spineless management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Cripps - time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back