Critical stage of our development

Remove this Banner Ad

God help this Board if we lose.

deep-impact-gif.gif
Haha I'll be taking a few weeks holiday from this board if we lose tomorrow

God help this Board if we lose.

If we lose tomorrow we will initiate the BigFooty plan B

This plans sees Tef, DR, Zondor, and Jozeph to be brought in as emergency Mods whist, TT, Ryz, TFW and I have a little break.

If we lose tomorrow we will initiate the BigFooty plan B

This plans sees Tef, DR, Zondor, and Jozeph to be brought in as emergency Mods whist, TT, Ryz, TFW and I have a little break.
If we lose tomorrow, I won't be able to moderate, i'll be in the ute on the way to Arden st and will drag Brad Scott out of his office and give him a thorough thrashing.

If we lose tomorrow, I won't be able to moderate, i'll be in the ute on the way to Arden st and will drag Brad Scott out of his office and give him a thorough thrashing.

It's good that it was a joke then.

I reckon we are at the key point in our development as a team.
Until now we have come along nicely and we are now at the stage where we can compete with any side.
The players have clearly bought into Brad's plan, hence none have left despite the expansion teams, etc.
However, those same players will now be starting to question what is going on with all the narrow losses.
Brad, from the tone of his presser, is going to have to show some tough love (he may have done so in the past but has generally publicly been extremely supportive of his player group). He may also need to look at his own approach and fine tune that, especially with regards to our defensive work.
How will the players respond to this? Especially now all their preseason work is pretty much shot and finals are all but off the agenda.
Will it steel them or will they drop away?
Geelong went through the same thing under Bomber Thompson and it worked out for them.
Hopefully we go that way, it's a massive time for this player group.
Gee SW, myself and Zondor have been saying the same thing. This could be our Geel 2007 moment or we could fall apart. Looks like the selection table was a subdued place - guys like Wright and Firrito survived. I think BS missed the perfect opportunity to make a statement.
I am sensing a 3-5 goal scrappy win vs StK with BS coming out post-match heaping praise on our playing group.

Gee SW, myself and Zondor have been saying the same thing. This could be our Geel 2007 moment or we could fall apart. Looks like the selection table was a subdued place - guys like Wright and Firrito survived. I think BS missed the perfect opportunity to make a statement.
I am sensing a 3-5 goal scrappy win vs StK with BS coming out post-match heaping praise on our playing group.

A 3-5 goal scrappy win would be a massive step forward at the minute.

I watched it over and over and concluded that Spud was running toward where the contest was going to be so as to help hold the ball in. He wasn't running away from defence so much as toward the contest, knowing that if the ball got held in that contest for 20 seconds ... that's all, just 20 seconds ... we win.

He was not the reason we lost and the decision was not a brain fart.
Firitto's direct opponent, a 7 game rookie, kicked 6 second half goals. I am comfortable pointing a finger directly at the 200 game, most experienced defender as a major factor in the loss. I can't see how anyone can defend his game it was diabolical. :eek:

Yes but Paul Roos said... (yadda yadda yadda)

Honestly I would love to have the energy to go back 6 days to see if any of the keyboard heroes were saying Spud lost us the game by running up to the wing in the last 20 seconds. That is, before that bit of video was shown on TV. And would anyone pick the error after watching the video on mute, ie if it wasn't pointed out to them? Prior to that stage, everyone was demanding to know why none of our players were running to provide an option. Since the Roos comment, it seems the reason we lost was not because we didn't hold onto the ball for the last minute, but because we didn't clog defence with enough static players.

Brainwashing indeed.

A premiership coach provided some analysis with vision no-one else had access to.

Whatever spud was trying to do, it looked like a very poor (perhaps self preserving) decision.

If we lose one of the next two games we need to play everyone on our list and weed out who has a future and who hasn't.

Need to give Kennedy , greenwood, jizza and others an extended run in the ones to see if they have what it takes.

Bloody drop non performing and brain melt down players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firitto's direct opponent, a 7 game rookie, kicked 6 second half goals. I am comfortable pointing a finger directly at the 200 game, most experienced defender as a major factor in the loss. I can't see how anyone can defend his game it was diabolical. :eek:

Well when you put it like that ... :oops:

So, how do we think its going?

We played the least players of any club last year, therefore we didn't give many of our 2nd tier players a go. How do we know how they will play if not given the chance.

Some are saying we have no depth. Again, how would we know if they never get a chance to play.

What about the younger guys that are supposed to be taking us to the next step. Bastinac, Atley, Mullet, Harper, Jmac, etc, all of whom seem to be given a crack at whatever cost.

Im not quite sure our development is doing what it should.

I would have love to see harper develop at the same rate ziebs, cunners, mullet, atley, bastinac and jmac have. Would have been good to see consistency throughout the backline to the forward line and see them progress as future leaders at the same time. Hopefully hope isn't lost with Harper : (

Remove this Banner Ad

Critical stage of our development

Remove this Banner Ad

Back