Toast Crows steal Troy Menzel, play Andy Otten instead, delist him

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton have actually done this ??? No way.

Welcome aboard Troy. I said to him a few weeks ago at the SANFL finals that he could really enjoy playing here...... well now you can !!!

See if you can trade out the marketing Dept too :D :p, probably not with Carlton given their famous season campaign a few years back.... :p

Easily the steal of this trade period on face value. Clearly Carlton saw something, but a change of scenery is gonna do him wonders anyway. I'd probably jump off a bridge if I played in the Carlton fwd line.
Is it just me or is he Keanu Reeves doppelgänger?

Enjoy guys.

As I've said in a couple of threads now, it was in the clubs and Menz's best interest to facilitate a trade. We're entering a rebuild and Menz seemed to stagnate this year in a poor team. Plays a position that needs some more quality players around him.

Despite what a lot of posters seemed to to think, he always gave his all in spite of injury, poor delivery and no structure around him. His ceiling is still massive.

Thanks for Kerridge too! Reckon he'll be a lock in our 22 and is exactly the type of player we need at the moment.

Sad to see Kerridge go. He could be a really good player.

Carlton don't seem unhappy to lose Menzel?

arHTKX3.gif

Boy oh boy!!!!

It's like Trigg has joined some sort of footy AA and is confronting, then making up for, his many past mistakes...

#MercedesMenz
well, some have deduced, some of our trades under trigg, were softer than butter in Hiroshima.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Menz. Now to convince your talented and damn committed brother to come back home.
Thanks
Could you imagine, 2 Crouch's, 2 Talia's and 2 Menzel's
= Premiership side right there.

A second Talia won't do much to improve our premiership side

Loved our first Troy.

Personally though, I'd be shattered if Troy Menzel didn't end being so much more than 'half as good as Troy Bond'...
Me too...always thought we got the Better Bond.....

Better than half as good ...Really?

Is the New Troy that good ????
Can't say I've watched a lot of Carlton games....for obvious reasons - although there was ONE I watched a couple of times this year for the lulz !

Really?

Can't say I've watched a lot of Carlton games....for obvious reasons - although there was ONE I watched a couple of times this year for the lulz !
Troy Bond only played 58 games in 4 seasons for 51 goals. I'd hope that Menzel does a lot better than half that.

Me too...always thought we got the Better Bond.....

Better than half as good ...Really?

The injuries have hurt his progress at the Blues, but make no mistake, this kid has genuine star power.

If we can get him cherry ripe and feeling good about footy, sit back and enjoy the show....

Troy Bond only played 58 games in 4 seasons for 51 goals. I'd hope that Menzel does a lot better than half that.

That surprises me.
I guess his 4 goals in the GF are what I remember. He was injury prone too IIRC so his lack of games was not lack of talent, but I get what youre saying.

Nah, not really.

They ended up with Kerridge, a bunch of GWS players AND pick 8. Pick 8 especially is a pretty big get for them.

I don't really think Carlton have done too badly to be honest.

Edit: Actually, they had to give up their 2016 first round pick for that.

Think you will find that its actually Geelongs first round pick in 2016. So depends on where Geelong finish not Carlton. Going by Geelongs trading, id say pick 12 - 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Crows steal Troy Menzel, play Andy Otten instead, delist him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back