Crows' 'tamper' affair

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking about people who dislike the big KT. I've been wondering, surely the ex-girlfriend would be keen to talk? The one he dumped ... I'd expect at least one interview from the spurned woman before this is out.
I think she hit social media fairly hard describing KT's shortcomings when it happened.

On another note - the AFL has become to rubbery and contrived of late.

Compensation derived from a formula - which is a secret the AFL refuses to disclose.

The reason they won't disclose it is because there's no formula, just a bunch of guys sitting around a table going "ok, so what vibe are we all getting for Goddard?"...

Not sure about this; I have some connections inside the club and apparently he was disliked by many players and lived a pretty insular existence within the club. He was never going to stay.
Yeah I know...The poster I was replying to was making stuff up so I thought I would play along, I didnt expect him to stay in all honesty

PS - agree with the "Swans are not squeaky clean" angle, but that seems like just a business trying to take advantage of one of it's competitors perceived weaknesses. Can't blame them for trying. They should get no punishment at all - IMO.

There punishment is still to come......in the form of $Kurtley $Tippett.:thumbsdown:

I cannot possibly see how there will not be resentment from the honest, hard working Swan players knowing this douchebag is copping $1 million/year for 4 years...let's face it the $$$'s he will be paid there are still purely speculative as he yet to really fully realise his "potential", perhaps he never will??

Don't tell me some of the "better" players on the Swans list won't have the $$$$'s $Kurtley is going to be paid [guaranteed for 4 years] at the forefront of their next contract negotiations....bet on it!!! :thumbsu:

PS - agree with the "Swans are not squeaky clean" angle, but that seems like just a business trying to take advantage of one of it's competitors perceived weaknesses. Can't blame them for trying. They should get no punishment at all - IMO.

Can't agree with this at all. If they knew about the agreement, and I think it's highly likely that they did (although it's possibly hard to prove), they were going to willingly participate in draft tampering.

Like what they think about hawthorn, despite not having been investigated for anything?

Like what they think about carlton?

I dont think Adelaide have cheated, YET. If the investigation says we cheated then fine. But its only the knee jerk reactors at the moment that think we are cheats.

[I must admit I am astounded how many people are knee jerk reactors though, far higher than I thought]

HOW CAN RANDOMS KNOW ADELAIDE ARE CHEATS YET THE FRIGGIN INVESTIGATORS WITH ALL THE FACTS STILL DONT KNOW.

SURELY IF IT WAS THAT CLEAR CUT THE AFL COULD HAVE DONE A PRELIMINARY STATEMENT SAYING ADELAIDE HAVE DONE XYZ WRONG AND POSSILBY MORE AND WILL BE PENALISED IN SOME SHAPE OR FORM. WE JUST NEED TO FIND OUT THE FULL DETAILS AND THEN WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE PENALTY THEN.
if Adalaide had to do third party deals to keep tippett when our team had very few stars in 2009 that werent on the veterans list I would hate to think How Hawthorn can keep bringing player sin and teanms like Collingwood can keep thei list together. there has to be some pretty creative stuff happening here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...the honest, hard working Swan players

Please ... you arent serious are you.

This idea that all the guys on the Swans list are hard working honest tough good blokes is pure advertising.

It's the same bullsh!t that has supporters thinking everyone involved with the Power is a complete tool, Collingwood players are dumb (for instance the "spud" Chris Dawes in studying law) - and every Crows player is a top bloke.

They are employees in a business that demands selfishness. They all look after number one, and they all understand that.

if Adalaide had to do third party deals to keep tippett when our team had very few stars in 2009 that werent on the veterans list I would hate to think How Hawthorn can keep bringing player sin and teanms like Collingwood can keep thei list together. there has to be some pretty creative stuff happening here
Posted this in the Tippett thread, but this confirms all those times we all think but how can club X do that? How does club X keep bringing in players and keep them?

If the AFL have a real sniff around, we could have a draft where there are no picks!!! :D

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Gentlemen's agreements, side deals, "understandings" and secret extra payments to contracts are rife within the AFL, senior club figures have revealed.

The key is to keep it vague and not put anything in writing.
The administrators, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said it was common for clubs to agree that they would endeavour to help a player move back to his home state at the end of his contract - should he so desire.
Clubs also made assertions they would help out with the players' leadership training, work outside of the game and other similar incentives that could sway them to remain with the club.
The main thing was not to put it in writing.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/commonplace-for-afl-clubs-to-make-secret-deals-with-players-senior-club-figures-reveal/story-e6frf3e3-1226504640183#ixzz2AXNL8ULN

I'd say at a wild guess there are a number of clubs looking on at this unfold with fair levels of anxiety. And the next club who takes Tippett is going to want to be very very careful with their contract with him given the mercenary forces in the background and what will be a high level of AFL scrutiny.Some clubs may well decide its more risk and trouble than its worth given the father comes with the son in this case. Cf the earlier Cloke discussions. This ones very similar.

Gee we're lucky he's not staying with us!

If our penalty is contained to this years draft we will rebound quickly

The missed opportunity rather than the penalty might hurt us the most

The issue is not the payment itself (which may or may not have ever been made). The issue is Adelaide's failure to declare the payment when lodging the player contract and TPP statements.
The Age online is down at the moment but I'm pretty sure I read an article today that stated we did end up including the TPP's in our cap.

If that's the case, then I can't see where the problem lies.. Bueller? Bueller?

Chapman did seem pretty confident that the investigators would not find any further wrong doing. You'd think that previously being CEO of a large bank, he might know a thing or two about numbers.

Finding any AFL documentation is like looking for a needle in a haystack. They're not exactly the most transparent of organisations.

You don't know how true that statement is until you've actually tried yourself! I found the rules pertaining to the draft (and nominated payments) from the player's association and the draft nomination form, but nothing from the AFL itself. I get the impression they enjoy having the freedom to govern unrestricted based on the whims of the day, and the compensation formula used with the introduction of the expansion teams as well as the new priority pick system only serve to strengthen this view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows' 'tamper' affair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back