Cry Baby Footballers!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they really think anyone is going to miss them saying we took it one week at a time? What an empty threat.
This week will be "Just glad to finish the season on a positive note. They really took it up to us tonight but to the boys credit we hung on to win a good game. Looking forward to the finals/next year!":thumbsu:

I didn't realise you could put a price on your rights to doctor/patient confidentiality...

I watched the 5 minute report on 7 before the injuction was in place, didn't hear any names, so exactly whose doctor patient privilege has been broken?:rolleyes:

AFL's spin machine is obviously working a treat with the nuff nuffs.

I watched the 5 minute report on 7 before the injuction was in place, didn't hear any names, so exactly whose doctor patient privilege has been broken?:rolleyes:

AFL's spin machine is obviously working a treat with the nuff nuffs.

The reason for the injunction was to prevent that.
The names were the main event for later on in the news...

The reason for the injunction was to prevent that.
The names were the main event for later on in the news...

Bullshit. The report was over before the injuction was in place, if they were going to name the players they would've done that in the lead story. This isn't Days of Our Lives where they save the best bit for the end of the episode. The main news is featured first. They even said in the report that they had decided not to name the players. Stop regurgitating the afl and aflpa spin.

Bullshit. The report was over before the injuction was in place, if they were going to name the players they would've done that in the lead story. This isn't Days of Our Lives where they save the best bit for the end of the episode. The main news is featured first. They even said in the report that they had decided not to name the players. Stop regurgitating the afl and aflpa spin.

My understanding of the situation is that they showed a brief segment on a newsbreak earlier in the day, advertising the fact that the full story would be shown later on in the proper news. Have I got this wrong?, because if I haven't than I stand by what I say.

Ps: Do you have a problem with stating your argument without resorting to insulting me?

My understanding of the situation is that they showed a brief segment on a newsbreak earlier in the day, advertising the fact that the full story would be shown later on in the proper news. Have I got this wrong?, because if I haven't than I stand by what I say.

Ps: Do you have a problem with stating your argument without resorting to insulting me?

Yes your understanding is way wrong. They did promo the story through out the day but at 6pm they screened the full report, it was seen by about 2 million people according to the ratings. It was a very lengthy report and took up about 5 minutes of the news which is a long story when the whole thing is 30 minutes minus ads.

They named the club, the number of people allegedly involved, the way some of them allegeldy got the drugs (again no names) and also stated that although they had the players names they would not release them. The report ended and they went to the next item in the bulletin, They came back near the end of the news to say that an injuction has just been placed on the story.

Bullshit. =They even said in the report that they had decided not to name the players..

They did however name the club.....kinda narrows it down a bit don't you think.?

Let's say you are a player in the local Bowls club which has 40 or so registered players

You have a problem with gambling on the Pokies at the club so you seek professional help, say from the local GP or AA or whatever.

Next thing you know, your club is being named on national TV as harboring a nest of problem gamblers based on the your doctor's files which the TV station got from an unnamed "source" who found your file in a gutter.

"It's a fair cop" says you.

Come off it.

An individual's right to privacy should not be compromised by that individual's profile in the community.

The fact that it happens far too often, is an indictment on the Media rather than the indivdual himself.

Yes your understanding is way wrong. They did promo the story through out the day but at 6pm they screened the full report, it was seen by about 2 million people according to the ratings. It was a very lengthy report and took up about 5 minutes of the news which is a long story when the whole thing is 30 minutes minus ads.

They named the club, the number of people allegedly involved, the way some of them allegeldy got the drugs (again no names) and also stated that although they had the players names they would not release them. The report ended and they went to the next item in the bulletin, They came back near the end of the news to say that an injuction has just been placed on the story.

Fair enough, my facts were wrong. I guess c7 isn't quite as guilty as I thought (as far as being prepared to name names). I still find the fact that they paid for stolen medical records for a cheap report utterly deplorable though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To all those sooky footballers whinging about Channel 7 and black banning them, perhaps you should think about where a large chunk of your salary is coming from??? hmmm that's right, the $780 Million that 7 & 10 paid for the TV rights.

Perhaps if you're all going to have a cry about a couple of players privacy being breached (it wouldnt have been breached had they not done something wrong in the first place), then you might be happy to relinquish any payrises over the net few years that you would otherwise not have received but for the TV rights money!!

Grow up and stop behaving little spoilt immature children!!! or get out of the spotlight and let someone else have a go!

Totally agree, no sympathy for drug users at all. Go on AFL bury your head in the sand and divert the real issue away from drug taking to privacy breach.

Fair enough, my facts were wrong. I guess c7 isn't quite as guilty as I thought (as far as being prepared to name names). I still find the fact that they paid for stolen medical records for a cheap report utterly deplorable though...

Again please be mindful of the fact that those charges are before the courts. No one has been found guilty of anything.

To all those sooky footballers whinging about Channel 7 and black banning them...
So you have no problem in someone dredging up, delving into your personal life and splashing across the front cover of a paper:

An interview with your 1st lady and how she describes you as a dead root.

Where you had your 1st spliff.

Location and names when you cheated on the other half.

Any depression, health problems.

Dragging your family through mud.

Get a life you C grade Journo hack. Up yours.:mad:

To all those sooky footballers whinging about Channel 7 and black banning them, perhaps you should think about where a large chunk of your salary is coming from??? hmmm that's right, the $780 Million that 7 & 10 paid for the TV rights.

Perhaps if you're all going to have a cry about a couple of players privacy being breached (it wouldnt have been breached had they not done something wrong in the first place), then you might be happy to relinquish any payrises over the net few years that you would otherwise not have received but for the TV rights money!!

Grow up and stop behaving little spoilt immature children!!! or get out of the spotlight and let someone else have a go!

too flipping rite!!

get off the gear or get in trouble simple as that!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cry Baby Footballers!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back