Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Mitchell covered at this stage.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Until he starts delivering high end output consistently (which age will help) I think Mitchell comparison is premature.

At worst he appears to have become a quality player, that will do me for now.

Can get caught holding the ball but

No what he gets caught doing is attempting to get rid of the ball. He stands up in tackles, umpires don't like this they like it when a player goes to water at first contact so they can run in blow their whistle give themselves a bit of a hug and then give themselves another stat ( 1 possession + 1 ball up).

It is for this crime against umpiring that Cunners gets penalised, he actually tries to get rid of the ball. They want legitimate attempts he wants to walk through tackles.

In essence he gets penalised because:

nothing_can_stop_the_honey_badger_stickers-r05441a2306b3444d868066012b78bb11_v9wf3_8byvr_512.jpg

and the umpires are scared.

No what he gets caught doing is attempting to get rid of the ball. He stands up in tackles, umpires don't like this they like it when a player goes to water at first contact so they can run in blow their whistle give themselves a bit of a hug and then give themselves another stat ( 1 possession + 1 ball up).

It is for this crime against umpiring that Cunners gets penalised, he actually tries to get rid of the ball. They want legitimate attempts he wants to walk through tackles.

In essence he gets penalised because:

nothing_can_stop_the_honey_badger_stickers-r05441a2306b3444d868066012b78bb11_v9wf3_8byvr_512.jpg

and the umpires are scared.
Agree, the rules as they are do not support players attempting to make the play.

Most of the time these days you are better off flopping on the ground in an attempt to get a favourable in the back decision when tackled, or at the very least causing another stacks on the mill with no prior and another ball up.

Other thing I like about Cunners' development is that he's shown he can play multiple roles. Recall him shutting down one the Carlton small forwards - Betts maybe, early on - he has shown he can be dangerous up forward, he can take a grab.

He's a pretty complete footballer.

damn good set shot too. within 50m.
at 16 ben10 was the best and most accurate kick seen for many years in the hamden league.
kicked 10 goals in his first senoir game.[16yo]
probably will captain your club one day.
forward turned into a mid and learning the centre square caper.
tough as old boots and a great learner,dont be surprised when he starts kicking goals on a weekly basis.
anyway watched by all locals,and we wish he went to our club.
btw,his family all followed north before ben was drafted.
great kid who never swore and everybody in the community is proud to say they know him,also a terrific basketballer and was touted as captain material since 12 yo.

Last edited:
at 16 ben10 was the best and most accurate kick seen for many years in the hamden league.
tough as old boots and a great learner,dont be surprised when he starts kicking goals on a weekly basis.
Won't be long until he is considered elite by AFL standards. Fast becoming a favourite son down at Arden St along with Jack Ziebell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great kid who never swore and everybody in the community is proud to say they know him,also a terrific basketballer and was touted as captain material since 12 yo.
I always see you praising Cunners in random topics on this site, though I was never sure if you were subtly trolling or not. :p

I always see you praising Cunners in random topics on this site, though I was never sure if you were subtly trolling or not. :p
known him since he was 6 yo.
wouldnt troll your personal site.
just love to see a local do well.
only posted on your site because,some city nth supporters may not understand the country cow milking boy.
if you dont want me posting on your site ,just say so and i will delete and not upset your home.

known him since he was 6 yo.
wouldnt troll your personal site.
just love to see a local do well.
only posted on your site because,some city nth supporters may not understand the country cow milking boy.
if you dont want me posting on your site ,just say so and i will delete and not upset your home.
You are most welcome with your insights van peebles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the insight. :)

Gee we wouldn't have a bad basketball team.... Cunners, Blackie, Goldy, Beast, Wellsy.:thumbsu: Who we got coming off the bench?

One of the things that I love about Cunners is not only does he the skillset to pull of some absurdly great handballs, but more importantly he puts the block on afterwards to give his teammates time and space. So many times I have seen our players give off a handball and let a chaser through to put pressure on the ball carrier, not Cunners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back