Cups horses.......the locals

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the injury LF sustained was pretty serious - I read today that he had only a slight tear to the tendon. If that's the case I'm surprised he had stem cell surgery.

Anyone got any thoughts on the seriousness of the type of injury Leica Falcon sustained?

XCELLENT is in real doubt after tearing a shoulder muscle.
Its amazing,tendons are perfect but now has a new injury.

seth

SPHENOPHYTA is in real doubt after a terrible 1st up run,currently undergoing tests to see whats wrong.

LEICA FALCON may struggle to get into Victoria for Sat at Caulfield.
He is stabled 8km over the border in NSW

seth

the most interesting local runner will be Black Tom, the former perth cup winner now with the hayes camps.big wraps on him and im pretty sure is proven at the distance.

TAWQEET,ZIPPING & MALDIVIAN all race in the MD tomorrow.

All look to have their work cut out against the A grade 1600m WFA horses Marasco & AC.

seth

MASTER O'REILLY toyed with a decent field today
Looks a real lightweight chance on that win

ZIPPING should go to the CC,thats his race IMO
MALDIVIAN looked a llittle disappointing but they often struggle after a 1st up bottler

seth

MASTER O'REILLY toyed with a decent field today
Looks a real lightweight chance on that win

ZIPPING should go to the CC,thats his race IMO
MALDIVIAN looked a llittle disappointing but they often struggle after a 1st up bottler

seth

bit harsh on maldivian, he made all the running, i thought he ran well!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got my Sportsman Cups edition the other day and i've been slowly working through it looking for value.

I picked out a few worth some thought - Activation (53kg) , Casual Pass (55kg) and Anamato (51kg) all at $67. The first two look to be in the field if they want it, given their weights.

The thing I like about Activation is that by many accounts he was unlucky not to win last year (beaten 0.8l) with the same weight after being slowly away. He can put himself into the race which is important at Caulfield. His first run in the Memsie was a shocker - has anyone heard any explanation for that?

As for Casual Pass, he may be running in the Cox Plate again but I hope not. He's won 4 times at 2000m but not beyond - not sure how often he's run further. He ran second (by a head) to Gallant Guru in the Sandown Classic last year but was lame after the race. He's got a good record at the track and can put himself in the race.

Anamato ran thid behind Miss Finland and Tuesday Joy in a pretty strong VRC Oaks, beaten 3.5 l. Since then she ran third in a Group 1 in the USA over 2000m and won the SA Oaks over 2000m by 1.5l, beating Cancanelle and Devil Moon among others. In the SA Oaks she came from last to win. She's got a decent record at the track despite being a run on type.

Any thoughts? Happy to hear why you think why they could or couldn't win.

I got my Sportsman Cups edition the other day and i've been slowly working through it looking for value.

I picked out a few worth some thought - Activation (53kg) , Casual Pass (55kg) and Anamato (51kg) all at $67. The first two look to be in the field if they want it, given their weights.

The thing I like about Activation is that by many accounts he was unlucky not to win last year (beaten 0.8l) with the same weight after being slowly away. He can put himself into the race which is important at Caulfield. His first run in the Memsie was a shocker - has anyone heard any explanation for that?

As for Casual Pass, he may be running in the Cox Plate again but I hope not. He's won 4 times at 2000m but not beyond - not sure how often he's run further. He ran second (by a head) to Gallant Guru in the Sandown Classic last year but was lame after the race. He's got a good record at the track and can put himself in the race.

Anamato ran thid behind Miss Finland and Tuesday Joy in a pretty strong VRC Oaks, beaten 3.5 l. Since then she ran third in a Group 1 in the USA over 2000m and won the SA Oaks over 2000m by 1.5l, beating Cancanelle and Devil Moon among others. In the SA Oaks she came from last to win. She's got a decent record at the track despite being a run on type.

Any thoughts? Happy to hear why you think why they could or couldn't win.

activation would be a million to one with his trainer....
got to be the worst going around...
couldn't get ine to fire with petrol and a match

Casual Pass has been retired.
Activation hasnt fired a shot for Sutton but he certainly ran well last year.

seth

BLUTIGEROO (R6) & SOULACROIX (R9)

Neither raised a yelp yesterday,Freedie said before the race Soulacroix wasnt ready,strangely went around $10

seth

His Flem win was good & he has been placed at WFA behind El Segundo.
Turnbull will be tough though.

seth

the most interesting local runner will be Black Tom, the former perth cup winner now with the hayes camps.big wraps on him and im pretty sure is proven at the distance.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes this weekend. I got a bit on him at 180 on betfair for the MC.

His Balaklava Cup run was decent,in normal circumstances Id doubt his class to win a MC.
But this is far from a normal racing year

seth

BLUTIGEROO,TAWQEET & MAYBE BETTER are all running in the Underwood.
MALDIVIAN looks suited back in a handicap (R9) after 2 good WFA runs.

seth

BLUTIGEROO,TAWQEET & MAYBE BETTER:Thought MB was ok,other two ran as expected at WFA.

MALDIVIAN:Interesting to see him ridden off the pace,he ran well enough although I thought he'd hold DV off.

seth

MASTER O'REILLY runs in the JRA Cup at MV Friday night.
D Nikolic replaces the suspended Ollie who replaced V Duric.

MALDIVIAN also backs up from Saturday & SOULACROIX will also appreciate getting to the 2040m.

seth

Remove this Banner Ad

Cups horses.......the locals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back