Rumour Current high profile player serving 3 strikes ban

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really know anything about this so wont speculate about Beams or quads or whatever, but some people on this forum are very deluded. Is it because they are obsessed with afl stars to the point that they want to believe they are perfect?

There are/would be lots of AFL players that use drugs, anybody who is in their 20's and gets out and about on the town knows it, when you hear different rumours from 5-10 different people who have seen things first hand...then you can only conclude that there is truth to it. Certain players develop reputations, I'm sure more so in places like Adelaide or Perth. I've had first hand accounts of AFL players using coke/pills from bar managers, hell I've seen it myself...

On the 3 strikes, think about the drugs they use, they are party drugs like cocaine, speed and ecstasy, it leaves the system quickly. To get caught you would have to be incredible unlucky, just used or be a regular user. If being used on an occasional basis, these drugs would not affect their performance either, certainly less than drinking heavily would...

Why is it to so hard to believe that AFL players take drugs on the weekend when they go out? It isn't exactly a rare recurrence for Aussie youths to take such substances, so why would be it be outlandish to suggest AFL players do?

I'd take a punt that in every AFL team in AUS there would be a few blokes who get around the coke and pills on the occasional weekend out etc...

Apparently!

I have a bad back. That is, that is what I thought until I read this thread. Now I realize I'm a heroin addict. This news comes as a surprise though, I must say.
Heroin works wonders for bad backs!

I think your a bit naive mate.

Don't see how people are surprised that large portions of AFL footballers engage in recreational drug use.
who is surprised. However I am not about to read the previous pages of rubbish. it is illegal or it isnt - the current system is a joke. Just ban performance enhancing drugs. Basically who cares about player health, they beat each other up to entertain us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it again for all you comedians - the AFL admit this goes on.

You guys are smiling while Andy D shits on you and them asking for more.

I think people realise it happens, doesn't mean we can jump straight to conclusions though. He's been training the last few weeks, is up to full training now, will hopefully play VFL next week.

the drug culture in AFL is a happening thing. anyone who denies it is ignorant as hell. Melbourne city itself has an absolute epidemic of drugs at the moment. These days, you cannot go to a nightclub without drugs. Whether it be Coke, Googs, Juice (GHB) and shards, its all well and truly there, and every club has it's bad boys. You cant be so naive to the fact. I know if i was being paid 500k a year i would be having Coke every time i go out.

There is a player on a list and playing who has been caught twice, once for "e" and once for coke. Really have to question how he has lasted on a list, Ben Cousins sacked before ever being charged, Jason Gram sacked for using his phone, Liam Jurrah sacked without conviction I guess some clubs just have low standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Current high profile player serving 3 strikes ban

Remove this Banner Ad

Back