ODI CWC 2023 Qualification Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

There is another wicket for Zimbabwe, Pooran doesn't look too happy with the decision though.

No place else in the world like Zimbabwe. Been fortunate to spend a lot of time here and no where will you find more resilient, smart and good-natured people. Shame things haven't settled post Mugabe, but get rid of Zanu PF in free elections and Zimbabwe will bounce back as a nation.

I played rugby with a bunch of young guys from Zimbabwe in Perth about 20 years ago, great blokes and they loved the country but they said they would never go back there while Mugabe was still in power.

That was around the same time a lot of the best Zimbabwe cricketers fled the country like Andy Flower and Sean Ervine who played here for WA.

I thought things would get better there after Mugabe died but it doesn't sound like it's that much better from what you have said.

There is another wicket for Zimbabwe, Pooran doesn't look too happy with the decision though.

I played rugby with a bunch of young guys from Zimbabwe in Perth about 20 years ago, great blokes and they loved the country but they said they would never go back there while Mugabe was still in power.

That was around the same time a lot of the best Zimbabwe cricketers fled the country like Andy Flower and Sean Ervine who played here for WA.

I thought things would get better there after Mugabe died but it doesn't sound like it's that much better from what you have said.
I've met many a ripping Zimbo person (the 'white' Caucasian demographic who make up 1% of the country), but for me it's the Shona and Ndebele people who I'm more endeared by. As an intellectual, Mugabe had great potential to represent them till power went to his head and became a fully-fledged, corrupt dictator who single handendly ****ed the country with his power-hungry policies and land grabs that rooted the economy. A real shame, as it's a unified nation that respects one another regardless of race. Though no doubt privileges experienced by a white minority, unlike South Africa, Zimbabwe was never tarnished by apartheid.

Last edited:
I've met many a ripping Zimbo person (the 'white' Caucasian demographic who make up 1% of the country), but for me it's the Shona and Ndebele people who I'm more endeared by. As an intellectual, Mugabe had great potential to represent them till power went to his head and became a fully-fledged, corrupt dictator who single handendly ****ed the country with his power-hungry policies and land grabs that rooted the economy

The Zimbos I played rugby with were white guys and they said Mugabe had thug squads that were driving the white farmers off their land at gunpoint.

Then they had no one that could replace the white farmers and do their jobs which crippled the economy, surely the new guy can't be as bad as Mugabe.

Is there no DRS for this ? I would have thought at least this would have DRS.
Gives some of the minnows nations (if they qualify) some experience with DRS before the big one.
More referring to Poorans wicket here
DRS only from the Super 6 stage onwards. Would have been handy in this match. Umpiring has been poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there no DRS for this ? I would have thought at least this would have DRS.
Gives some of the minnows nations (if they qualify) some experience with DRS before the big one.
More referring to Poorans wicket here

I guess the fact another game is going on at same time as this one which may not have the DRS technology accessible means in fairness for all teams DRS is not applied.

The Zimbos I played rugby with were white guys and they said Mugabe had thug squads that were driving the white farmers off their land at gunpoint.

Then they had no one that could replace the white farmers and do their jobs which crippled the economy, surely the new guy can't be as bad as Mugabe.
Yep absolutely thugs who were brutal beyond realm. Very much a reversal of roles when it comes to colonialsm. Sadly the new president, 'the Crocodile' isn't much of an improvement

Remove this Banner Ad

ODI CWC 2023 Qualification Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

Back