Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Do you think that this game will eventually live up to its hype?

• Yeah

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally ready to play. Held off on purchasing until I got a new-gen consol (got the Series X about a year ago), then got it on sale, but held off from starting as Phantom Liberty had been announced. So got that installed, along with 2.0, and finished Edgerunners last night (timed the viewing to coincide with when I could play)...go to turn it on today, and 2.01 needs to install first...

Finally ready to play. Held off on purchasing until I got a new-gen consol (got the Series X about a year ago), then got it on sale, but held off from starting as Phantom Liberty had been announced. So got that installed, along with 2.0, and finished Edgerunners last night (timed the viewing to coincide with when I could play)...go to turn it on today, and 2.01 needs to install first...

What did you think of Edgerunners?

What did you think of Edgerunners?

Loved it. Very deserving of the praise it received. Could get a little surreal, especially in the last few episodes, but that was intentional (cyberpsychosis).

As a person that picked this up about 3 months after release and played the PS4 version through on my PS5 I had next to no problems with it. Absolutely loved it the first time through and had very few complaints and held onto it for a second playthrough when they released the free PS5 upgrade.

Starting my second playthrough not too log ago and after about 30 hours in 2.0 was released. Personally I don't think it's that much "better". The skill tree is obviously different - it feels like they're trying to make you choose a definitive game style whereas the previous you could be above average at many things. The improvement in Cyberware is probably the biggest thing. It's far better and actually worth the money/time investment in game whereas I was pretty indifferent to it before.

Always will be annoyed at the changes to crafting as I think the system was fine before. And still shake my head at the removal of silencers from revolvers. Just plain pisses me off.

Otherwise now close to 100 hours in including most of the way through PL and can say it really is one of the best games ever - the combat, crafting (blergh) and story are beyond most games.

Last edited:
Loved it. Very deserving of the praise it received. Could get a little surreal, especially in the last few episodes, but that was intentional (cyberpsychosis).

Cool. I was curious because most people that watched it and enjoyed it played Cyberpunk previously so could already relate to it. It meticulously recreates many in game locations so when you watch it you can actually imagine where the characters are. Coming from the other direction I wasn't sure if anyone could connect to the show in the same way.

I'm not typically an anime fan but thought Edgerunners was so good it transcends genres. I wonder now if when you hear the show's theme/ending song "I want to stay at your house" in game if you will be emotionally impacted the same way lol. I was playing today and did a mission that takes you to a memorial/cemetery and I noticed they've added the names of Edgerunners characters. I thought that was cool. Then when I got back on my bike and started cycling the radio stations I kid you not the song was playing. So I just had to sit there on my bike as the sun was setting over Night City and listen to it.

I put off watching Edgerunners until recently, just not a big anime fan but can say I really enjoyed it. Feel like it may have been a big influence on CDPR to do something about improving the cyberware.

Bit disappointed that David's jacket gives you nothing, would've liked just a simple armour or cyberware buffer at least.

Which also make me a bit miffed at the change to the armour system. Seems like an odd choice - but again I guess it all comes back to the cyberware.

As an aside, I would've also appreciated a heads up that when you respond to a request for a mission with "I don't have time for this now" means your flat out rejecting it, not asking to postpone it. I missed Judy's, Kerry's and a few other missions/plot lines because of it the first time through.

I actually don't mind the change to how armour works. It kind of makes more sense because why should some like a fancy t-shirt give you more armour over say a less fancy jacket. Having armour tied to implants just make more sense to the role play IMO. This is also the way they could work in the implant limit playing on the cyber psycho theme. It just makes the clothing kind of redundant now because being first person you rarely get to even see your character anyway but I do noticed that rarer clothing items still grant minor buffs anyway. Starting from scratch again even the crafting hasn't bothered me because like most systems it feels more streamlined and simplified. I'm sure loading one of my other late game saves might change my opinion like it has for others if it completely breaks how I play. Everything just seems more tuned for a fresh save.

I actually don't mind the change to how armour works. It kind of makes more sense because why should some like a fancy t-shirt give you more armour over say a less fancy jacket. Having armour tied to implants just make more sense to the role play IMO. This is also the way they could work in the implant limit playing on the cyber psycho theme. It just makes the clothing kind of redundant now because being first person you rarely get to even see your character anyway but I do noticed that rarer clothing items still grant minor buffs anyway. Starting from scratch again even the crafting hasn't bothered me because like most systems it feels more streamlined and simplified. I'm sure loading one of my other late game saves might change my opinion like it has for others if it completely breaks how I play. Everything just seems more tuned for a fresh save.

Fair to say most of the changes would've been a non-issue if not for being 30 hours into a new game. Except for the silenced revolvers. I'll be complaining about that to my grand kids. 😂

I liked the armour system purely for the mods you could add to clothing more than anything else. Now the clothing feels that little bit empty because of it.

Finally able to play this again. After trying every method imaginable to try and get past all the crashes when loading the game, rolling my GPU driver back to an almost year old driver has fixed my issues.

If anybody else on PC with an Nvidia GPU has problems with constant freezing in game or when the game loads, do a clean install of driver 527.37. Freezing seems to be a somewhat common problem among Nvidia GPUs and this fix seems to be helping a lot of people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon I'll do another playthrough when Phantom Liberty goes on sale, the last one was a little disjointed waiting for things to be fixed, the new CPU should help too.
Waiting for PL to go on sale as well. Nearly finished my first play through atm, it’s been a fun ride.

Been playing since the latest updates (I'd played the game originally but my PC wasn't properly up to it). Also was a massive Edgerunners fan. Absolutely loving it, was like 2 hours and didn't realise I was doing the Liberty content.

Keen for holiday season so I can properly devote some serious time into it.

I'm half way through my first replay. I was determined to build a different character from the netrunner in my first play through. Somehow I've just ended up with another netrunner..

Happened to me too. Netrunner is just so ridiculously OP.

Just finished Phantom Liberty last night after stopping halfway to play Spider-Man 2. Everything about this game is so damn cool. The world they've built is just fun to be in and around. Can't wait for a full sequel, there are so many Night City stories they could tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Back