Cyril Rioli retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone please explain why is he retiring? I must be living under a rock
His dad had a heart attack and isn't doing great.

He's has a pretty average run of injuries for the last 2 years, and has accomplished pretty much all the team/personal achievements he could.

Champion player who was pivotal in 4 premierships .Put his body on the line as a small,light player.Not underrated because he never turned the ball over.An extremely valuable player for Hawthorn.

Last edited:
#putoutyourchickenwing
3366c5e561d95e9b6b164d17da1faad2

What a career, very few opposition players in the game would make your heart sink quite so much when the ball got near them as Cyril when he was on. Often seemed like he could do anything at any time.

The whole overrated group think was always ridiculous and only got legs because it became the cool opinion to have.

Wish him all the best for whatever journey comes next and hopefully Daniel can step in to fill a bit of that Cyril shaped hole in the fabric of the game, looks the goods so far.

Brilliant career. Anyone who says he is “overrated” has rocks in their head. Wish he’d played for my side (yeah I know we could have drafted him too ).

All the best in retirement!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 flags, 3 AAs and a NSM, retires one of the most decorated players in VFL/AFL history.

And of course the jealous, headf*cked Hawk-haters are already reeling out the same old vacuous 'OVERRATED!' cliches.....

It's not just the Hawk-haters mate.

I swear to God some people on here would bag Mother Teresa.

what a terrific career can remember the numerous times this guy tore wce a new one (and exposed worsfold as a one sided coach who had no drive to change the game plan)

good thing is we wont have to hear bruce any more squeals of delicious and jizz all over the channel 7 broadcast box

has achieved everything possible as a footballer bar a brownlow. congrats to a wonderful career and always family comes first

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyril Rioli retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back