D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DG-Man said:
Solid post!
Was at the game. Used to play against B.T. and found them a very hard and occasionally unfair team. Perhaps it was ex players going overboard because from what i saw, this B.T. team has a level of discipline i didnt think was possible from them. They certaintly dont take a backward step, whether its head over the ball or facing up to an opponent. However with Carey obviously trying to suck them in they answered on the scoreboard.
A very big crowd ensured there would be fierce barracking, but nothing worth worrying about. Loved the B.b.q. B.T.I couldnt eat my dinner!

Glad you noticed a difference Amused. BT has made a definate attempt to clean up its act - even to the point where at the end of 2004 it encouraged a number of players to look else where if they wanted to continue playing senior football. One of these guys was potentially the best at the club.
One thing for sure thou - BT and OC always hit the ball hard when they lay each other.

Cheers

Any reports from the Banyule v Therry game besides the size proving the advantage?
DG the bannister boys would be close from therry, moule & m.clarke from rupo, didn't see anyone play well for Prahran tho.
Big week coming up, OGs will be far too classy for Emmaus, starting to look the goods from all reports, Bayles, Casboult, McCarthy and Fallaw playing good footy.
OMs just over Prahran, but Prahran would have to start realising relegation is around the corner, could be the upset.
Rupo need to bounce back and will for mine, too good a start to the year to lose 3 in a row before the half way mark. Definately have this game on the 'to see list'
OC to beat Banyule by around the 8 goal mark. Watch for a big bag from Tiras, Laidlaw or Parton.
Therry fairly comfortably over YV after a spirited Valley unit in the first half.
I have to agree with the point made earlier of the top four remaining as it is. Whether or not it stays in that order is a different story but if the year stays this close, those top 2 possies with the double chance become even more important.

Not so sure OG's will be far to classy for Emmaus, St. Leo's starting to get there act together. The young guns are standing up, and a few players are back. The last two games have been superb - go the animals!

Nice call Kibe. I agree. I only have the OGS to win by 2-3 goals. Animals are never easy to tame at home. Looking for 3 in a row. OGS will certainly not want to take this easy after their big win against Rupo last week.
This will be a great game. It seems Prahran are doomed for D2 next year, however Leos will be putting the pressure on clubs like YV and Banyule, as they battle hard to dtay in D1.

DG-Man said:
Approaching the half way mark any early ideas for team of the year. This should get some heads thinking.
Parton, chivers, are a must!:thumbsu:

I'll throw a few names in:

Chivers, Williams, Burridge - BT
O'Brien, Casboult, Bayles, McCarthy - OGS
Parton, Zander, S.Collins - OC
Tsingaris, Demetriou - Bears
A. Palmer, Twentymen - OM's
Drew, Britt - YV

Who have been Rupo's best. Leos and Prahran had any good players in disappointing seasons?
Any Therry names spring to mind??[/QUOTE]

Crotty, Foster Knight, C Bannister and J Bannister. (Therry):thumbsu:

Ballard would be up there, Robin, D'Amico and P.Barranello have all been solid from leo's. Given the start to the year though, Ballard would be the only one I would push. Also, Stella from BT? Looks like he can really play.

Stella has improved enormously this year thanks to a solid pre-season by him, and is playing top footy. Wise has continued his good form from last year, had another good game against OC...i'd suggest he would have to be looked at for the mid-field...but then again i am bias.

Who is number 11 for Therry? He had a bucket load of clearances and hard ball gets when BT played them.

Henry24 said:
Stella has improved enormously this year thanks to a solid pre-season by him, and is playing top footy. Wise has continued his good form from last year, had another good game against OC...i'd suggest he would have to be looked at for the mid-field...but then again i am bias.

Who is number 11 for Therry? He had a bucket load of clearances and hard ball gets when BT played them.

It is Crotty. As half back suggested, he would be a likely starter in the D1 All Star Team. Has been in the best most weeks.

The best player i have seen is Parton from Carey. Appears to be a great leader. I thimk he lowered his colors on saturday to the B.T. backman, number 36. Is it true he is 39 years old? Great to see ammo footy has blokes who love their footy enough to still be playing at that age in the seniors and doing so well.

Thanks DG.

36 for BT is Phil Hare, has been in sensational form, old bloke or not....would have to be one of the favourites for full back in team '1/2 of 06'.

No doubt Parton is a gun. Someone may correct me if i'm wrong here, but he was captain of Carey's 1st XV111 premiership team (only time Carey have won APS school title) and then went to Old Xavs to play some A-Grade and kicked 4 goals in the final term against St.Bernards, and won the flag.
Now back at the OC, he plays as much on the ball as he does at FF. Which is amazing as he leads the goal kicking.
I do not know him personally, but from what other guys on this thread say (even Ugly and a few other opposition supporters) he seems like a ripping bloke and a good leader. I'm sure hansie, OC37 and Moss Rocket would be able to confirm all this.

Perhaps we grab a coin, toss it, heads Parton captain of our D1 "halfway mark" team of the year. And tails, we'll give it to Chivers. Either way i think they can be our leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips for this week.
I am going for a few roughies.

Banyule to beat OC in an upset
Rupo to beat BT
Leos to win again over an over confident OGS
Therry at home over YV
OM's easily over the 2 blues

My tips this week:
Bt over rupo
Oc by 10goals + over banyule
Therry over YV
OM over prahan
Og over Leos

Tips for This week.

St Leos V OG's : St leos in an upset (14 points)
OC's V Banyule : OC's by 50+
Therry V YV : Therry by 50+
OM'S V Prahran : OM's By 70+
Rupo V BT : BT (Rupo are Gone)

Cheers
Half Back.

oK.... HERE IT IS LADS. THE GREAT NEWSREADERS TIPS.

Rupo over BT by 10 points
OC to beat Banyule by 31 points
Therry to beat YV by 4 points
OM over Prahan by 32 points
Og's over leos by 23 points (if this was at Como i would have said 100)

Uglydermie........I have nothing to say to you until we are back in buisness......which will be as of 4:30pm Sat Arvo.

Tips from the Bede :

OC
Therry
OM's
Animals
BT

4.30pm on Saturday (after 3 losses in a row) will see a request by Rupo to have their change rooms actually transformed into a house of mirrors so they can have a good hard look at themselves!

Hi all. Keep those tips coming.

Can't wait for the banter post Rupo / BT. Should be great. If BT win i think it will be an enormous result. Rupo on there own turf will be very hard to toss. Hasn't been done this year yet! BT can start lining up for finals tickets if they can win this one.

DG-Man said:
No doubt Parton is a gun. Someone may correct me if i'm wrong here, but he was captain of Carey's 1st XV111 premiership team (only time Carey have won APS school title) and then went to Old Xavs to play some A-Grade and kicked 4 goals in the final term against St.Bernards, and won the flag.
Now back at the OC, he plays as much on the ball as he does at FF. Which is amazing as he leads the goal kicking.
I do not know him personally, but from what other guys on this thread say (even Ugly and a few other opposition supporters) he seems like a ripping bloke and a good leader. I'm sure hansie, OC37 and Moss Rocket would be able to confirm all this.

Perhaps we grab a coin, toss it, heads Parton captain of our D1 "halfway mark" team of the year. And tails, we'll give it to Chivers. Either way i think they can be our leaders.

DG Man,

I can confirm all you say about Dolly. As I have said on this thread before, great player, great captain and top bloke.

Here's my thoughts for this week.

BT over Rupo in a tight one
Therry over Yarra out at Therry
OM's over Prahran at Keysie, but just. Think the Two Blues will be keen to break the ice! Will OM have their Sandy guys? Could be the telling difference
OGS should just get up over Leos - they (Leos) are a good side at home!
We should get back on the winners list at home v the Bears

Cheers

BT should be a chance over Rupo. Rupo's home ground advantage is still an unknown factor for me, but still not convinced and think that BT are bona fide . Seen promoted sides go backwards quickly in the past, might be the same again. BT

Therry should account for Yarra, still think these boys are genuine but have also been a suporter of Yarra's ability since the start of the year. Big one for them, right in final's calcs if they get up, but still rate Therry very highly, particularly at home.

OM's at home are dangerous, away from home well. Prahran must be due, but down there, Assuming the Sandy boys play, OM's! Otherwise it could be a s h i t fight, and the Two Blues might belt out their song for the first time.

Think Leo's resurgence might be genuine. Two solid wins against Rupo and a comfotable win away over the Two Blues whose results would suggest have been improving might provide a bit of momentum. With Bennetswood being the antithesis of COmo, I'm on the Animals despite a healthy respect for OG's.

As for Carey, surely they'll take Banyule to the cleaners - or are they not quite the premiership favorites I framed so clearly at the top of the market just 3 weeks ago. Faith is wavering ever so slightly, but think they are right up to taking the BEars out.

Hopefully 5 from 5 and Im on the march!!!

And Parton v Chivas - Parton everyday of the week including the public holiday!!!!!

Tips
Og over the animals 23pts (very classy side)
OC over Banyule by 36pts (Parton was a gun even with a groin against Rupo, a pleasure to watch).
Therry over YV by 12pts (home ground mainly)(Both have huge forwards)
OM over the blues by 26pts (OM have had some strong performances)
Rupo over BT by 8pts. BT's form is better but i cant tip against us. Our boys will have to be at there best!

Best players for Rupo this year: Collins, West, Monzell, Brennan. I suppose with 10 teams and 22 positions in the team of the year Rupo could expect 2-3 selected. By gees though there are some good footballers running around in D1. Can't wait to enjoy Rupo and BT on Saturday. Big improvement needed by us!!

On 6 at the moment, very poor but enjoying having a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back