D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phar Lap said:
OC37, Can you please explain further on a rumour I heard that there is a split down at the club since Dolly has been captain, certain players haven't been performing as they usually would?

Phar Lap,

No such issue exists. I can confirm that, as I am an OC player. Your sources are clearly wrong, or you are just being scurrilous!

Dolly is a fine leader of men and tremendous example on the paddock - why would there be any issues?

Big Red,

Re that earlier call on OC and Parton issues. Not sure what you are alluding to here?? Please explain.
I can tell you that Dolly has been Captain for about 3 years, and everyone at the club just loves the bloke. Best thing that happened to OC was him coming to play for his old school after a premiership winning stint with the Old Xavs. I know some key people down at the club add he is just adored by supporters, coaches and team mates.
I think someone may have just thrown you a silly one to put you back on your hind legs.

Keep the tips coming in lads. Otherwise it is away teams for all of you!

Phar Lap your clearly living in denile if you think Therry are going to go up next year.... for a start they have to win 8 out of the last 11 to even make finals. Top four this year in no particular order will be:

Rupo
OC
Ogs
BT

And you can take that to the bank..... Therry are very very average this year and i can't see them going back up to C grade for at least a couple of seasons.

Here's my tips, for what it's worth. Interesting to see everyone tipping the Ants over us, should be a cracker nonetheless!

Rupo V OG's
YV V OM's
Banyule V Therry
BT V OC
Prahran V Emmaus

Hansie and DG Man, I was just acting on what a few people told me at the Glenferrie a few weeks back. Anyway hopefully it gets the boys up for this weekend.

I Love Sandra Sully said:
Phar Lap your clearly living in denile if you think Therry are going to go up next year.... for a start they have to win 8 out of the last 11 to even make finals. Top four this year in no particular order will be:

Rupo
OC
Ogs
BT

And you can take that to the bank..... Therry are very very average this year and i can't see them going back up to C grade for at least a couple of seasons.

Tend to agree with the sexy newslady here. There will be some upsets on the way home, but i just can't see any of the top 4 teams finishing any worse than 12-6. I think Therry, even with a late surge, will fall well short and regret those early season close losses.

For once i have to agree ILSS. Therry, although i rated them as a big chance a few weeks ago have diminished any credibility i had for picking a competitive side. Seems this comp is just too tough and too fast for them (well the top half anyway). Phar Lap reading your posts it seems your doubting ILSS's intelligence, yet your still boasting about your therry boys in C division next year, have you ever heard that one about the pot calling the kettle black? So from now on just concentrate on avoiding relegation ok.

Tipping this round has caused me headaches, and ill be happy to come out with 2/5.
Rupo over OG's...just! Another grandfinal rematch.
OM's over YV
Therry to finally get another win on the board ;)
BT vs OC, really cant split em. Toss a coin and say OC
Emmaus over Pharan

hansie said:
Here's my tips, for what it's worth. Interesting to see everyone tipping the Ants over us, should be a cracker nonetheless!

Rupo V OG's
YV V OM's
Banyule V Therry
BT V OC
Prahran V Emmaus

Hansie, i think the home ground advantage is playing a big part in peoples tipping here. I have gone for the bullants as they play well at home, have a solid following, and love beating the OC. If the game was at Carey, i would go for the OC, as i think they play the main oval at Bulleen particularly well.
As Ugly, Bullant and yourself point out, this will be a ripper. A win to the OC will put them 2 games and % above BT, which is a great buffer at around the halfway point. If this occurs, then BT will probably be struggling to finish top 2.
But DG thinks that the Ants will be fired up, as they realise this and do not want to fall behind there great rivals.
BT by not many!

I wouldn't try to Cash that cheque just yet ILSS, it might bounce on you!!

BT's have a couple of tough weeks ahead in OC and your mob.. If they happen to drop those two, Therry could be straight back in the four!

Big couple of weeks ahead for Therry, BT and OG.....Should be VERY Interesting!!

If anyone wants to offer odds for Therry making the 4 I would be happy to put my money where my mouth is and back them! They are clearly one of the top 2 sides in D1 and all that has happened is a few results and decisions have gone against them in the last 5 mins of a game. True you have to win these games but I can see no reason why they couldn't win all remaining games bar 1. Before ILSS gets on the band wagon I actually follow another club in D1 but spend a lot of time watching other clubs play as part of my role!!

Creeker said:
If anyone wants to offer odds for Therry making the 4 I would be happy to put my money where my mouth is and back them! They are clearly one of the top 2 sides in D1 and all that has happened is a few results and decisions have gone against them in the last 5 mins of a game. True you have to win these games but I can see no reason why they couldn't win all remaining games bar 1. Before ILSS gets on the band wagon I actually follow another club in D1 but spend a lot of time watching other clubs play as part of my role!!

I disagree, but respect your opinion.
My spies tell me that they were comprehensively outplayed by Rupo everywhere but on the scoreboard.
From the result against the OC, they must have also been clearly beaten on that day.
Therefore i can't see how a team who is 3-4, is clearly better than either one of these two 6-1 teams.
Which won is it??

DG-Man said:
I disagree, but respect your opinion.
My spies tell me that they were comprehensively outplayed by Rupo everywhere but on the scoreboard.
From the result against the OC, they must have also been clearly beaten on that day.
Therefore i can't see how a team who is 3-4, is clearly better than either one of these two 6-1 teams.
Which won is it??

DG Man,

I was at the Rupo game and can tell you that Therry played terrible football and still should of won the Game. I free kick reversed in the goal sqaure and a missed shot from the goal square. From what i seen DG, Rupo may be found out in the next part of the year, when team's play a more physical game to cut there run down.

Cheers Half back:thumbsu:

knackers29 said:
I wouldn't try to Cash that cheque just yet ILSS, it might bounce on you!!

BT's have a couple of tough weeks ahead in OC and your mob.. If they happen to drop those two, Therry could be straight back in the four!

Big couple of weeks ahead for Therry, BT and OG.....Should be VERY Interesting!!

Knackers29,

Do you know anything about football!!???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Creeker said:

Creeker,

Who do you follow!!!

Half Back said:
DG Man,

I was at the Rupo game and can tell you that Therry played terrible football and still should of won the Game. I free kick reserved in the goal sqaure and a missed shot from the goal square. From what i seen DG, Rupo may be found out in the next part of the year when team's play a more physical game to cut there run down.

Cheers Half back:thumbsu:

Thanks Half Back for that insight....and for those of you who can't understand his poor grammar and spelling, he is trying to say that Therry had a free Kick REVERSED in the goal square, which was in the last 5 minutes, and a disgraceful decision.:thumbsdown:

knackers29 said:
Thanks Half Back for that insight....and for those of you who can't understand his poor grammar and spelling, he is trying to say that Therry had a free Kick REVERSED in the goal square, which was in the last 5 minutes, and a disgraceful decision.:thumbsdown:

Knackers29,

Thanks :D :thumbsu: Knackers29!! such an odd name!! You must have Red hair!!!!!:p

TIPS

OGS to defeat woods at home by 23 points
Therry will be to good for Banyule by 38 points
Old Mentonians will smash Yarra Valley 54 points
Prahan to get first win against St Leo's 5 points
In the match of the round the bullants to just edge out OC 11 points

MJS2

Big Red,Ox, no idea why you hate Rupo! We are similar to Therry in many ways. Family club, young players, this side of the Yarra. Many people migrated to Sunbury from Broady, Glenroy etc.
Personally i have a great respect for Therry, having tipped them each round so far only to be let down. Continue to enjoy your banter with ILSS. It's a bit of fun. How has Harmes"s form been this year, played exceptional in practice match, not so in real game. i don't think theres much between alot of sides, injuries, commitment and effort will be the difference. We are vulnerable, but it won't matter how other sides perform as much as how we commit and play. Our game against Carey was as good as you would see, our best is very good. To suggest we dont cope with the physicality is laughable. Therry to me has only shown potential. Potentially they can beat anyone, however what's a cup of coffe and potential worth? Only the cup of coffee (50 cents). Get the score on the board first and then we'll listen.

Tips
Rupo by 3pts over OG. ( we know this is a huge game) never beaten them!
OM by 19pts over YV ( Still reckon YV can play!)
Therry by 27pts over Banyule
Old C by 19pts over BT. ( BT is still a mystery to me Ugly)
Emmaus by 37pts over Prahran.

If Therry lose this week i will never tip them again. DG please make a note!!!!

Phar Lap said:
OC37, Can you please explain further on a rumour I heard that there is a split down at the club since Dolly has been captain, certain players hav:confused: en't been performing as they usually would?

No comment other than UTTER CRAP, couldnt be further from the truth.He is the sort of bloke people would go to war for only to find him ahead of them manning the trenches

knackers29 said:
i think its just that therry dont know how to win these days or the past couple of years. True? On the way down I get the feeling.

How about we clean this thread up a bit! This is the best thread on the site when the talk is about football and D1 clubs. We can all be passionate and a bit one eyed BUT lets leave the crap out of it.

Surely we are all too busy to waste our time reading the rubbish~

Ugly, best post for a long time.

Massive week for most clubs, top four again play each other, one and two maybe can pinch a break on three and four heading into the second half of the season,

Therry V bears game will be a ripper, The bears just - 8 points, therry laughable that it has been said will still go to " C " GRADE NEXT YEAR, couldn't win the close games with bannister there, wont start winning without him.

I was informed last night the Goodie will not be back this year, the therry boys were sat down on a thursday night three / four weeks ago and told off this as he was sick of everyone asking when and if he will be back this year, nasty injury the poor bloke, ripped his peck mussle of the bone ? dosen't sound nice.

Rupo will turn the tables on OGS - 14oints

Form would suggest OM should win, they have been fantastic and need to keep winning to say around the hunt for that fourth possie - 25points

St.Leos to show that the win agaist rupo wasn't a fluke and should go on with it - 19points

and the game of the round should be a cracker, point was made grand final rematches are always good to see, we have two this weekend, BT and OC will both still have some players running around from two years ago and both need this win, for me the home ground advantage will be enough to get BT over the line - 13points.

Good luck to all clubs, players, hope everyone comes out injury free.

Sideshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back