D-Rod Or Wells?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Squizy Taylor
He'd still spank Hodge.

Kositczke over-rated? Its pretty hard to show your stuff when you are playing injured. Maybe you know where to get some Tang.

Not to mention the nonsense coming from Hawthorn supporters about Mithchell. A better player now than Licuria?

Wells better than Hodge, now it`s getting ridiculous.

Originally posted by windyhill

Spot on, considering the amount more that Hodge has achieved than Wells in the year longer he's been in the game :rolleyes:

Wells and Rodan are both good, but i would choose Wells...for now, Kanga supporters dont even bring Coughlan against him his in a higher class. dont give wells that much of a big head.

Hodge in his second year of AFL averaged 12.9 possesions a game.

Wells in his first year averaged 12.0 possesions a game.

What the f*ck has hodge done?

Lets see what Wells does in his second year.

And even then it wouldnt be an even assesment beacuse Hodge (physically) is 2 or 3 years ahead of Wells.

Ahhh, the old possesion grab, it`s what you do with it ,not how many times you get it speedster.

Sometimes a stock standard respose will not shoot down a statisitics argument.

With Wells my dear windyhill, getting it is going to be the the variable factor. What he does with it will never be a problem for this boy.

Originally posted by theorangeapple
i dont want all u tiger fans to get the wrong impression of how i rate coughlan. i think he is top notch and will be an outstanding player for the tigers BUT having talked to and seen how the majority the tigers fans love and adore him ...ure blinded because he is the only outstanding junior at ure club. if he were at freo, eagles, saints (all young midfields) there is no way in hell that he would be viewed so strongly.

Coughlan is a star, close to best young player in the competition IMO and would be highly viewed wherever he went. Just because he isn't as flashy as Judd doesn't mean he isn't as every bit as good. Coughlan would improve our midfield dramatically.

Originally posted by kelman
Sometimes a stock standard respose will not shoot down a statisitics argument.

With Wells my dear windyhill, getting it is going to be the the variable factor. What he does with it will never be a problem for this boy.

Frankly my dear we`ll just have to wait and see.

Mmmm, for norf`s sake i hope it doesn`t run dry.

It will run down Joe Misiti (although that is not too special given that 90%of posters on BigFooty could do the same)

It will run rings around Jason Johnson

It will run through a banner about 298 times more than Courtney Johns

and

It will run through Sheedy's nightmares

But it will never run dry.

Originally posted by wrennyboy
Mate Shut the Fu*k up i didnt ask for your Special Opinion alrite all you do is you vote give a little comment and thats it you dont have to take it out on my so vote and give a comment or Fu*k off. Typical Dogs supporter always wanting to take it out on someone else cause there team is $hit.

Oh wrennyboy, at it again. Please don't go near a key board when you're angry and you do seem to get angry quite a lot.

And trust me, I REALLY don't want to me your mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Wells vs Rodan - ROFLMAO

but seriously ..

On Wells Vs Coughlan - both will be superstars.

North would prefer Wells because he is a receiver who has great skills. We have a few of Coughlan's type so Wells is more valuable for us

Richmond would much prefer Coughlan because he is in and under and thats what they need to feed there receivers.

I have no problem with both richmond and North looking at what they got and thinking they they each have the better deal.

Hodge Vs Wells - I have seen more wells and I am biased but Hodge stood toe-2-toe with Archer in the Last Hawks-Roos game and not many people have done that.

Hodge Vs Coughlan - hmmm ... that I would have to think about a bit more

Originally posted by speedy

And even then it wouldnt be an even assesment beacuse Hodge (physically) is 2 or 3 years ahead of Wells.

Hodge in his first year averaged 15.9 possessions a game and finished 6th in our b&f...

In neither of his first two seasons has Hodge had a pre-season.

Lets see what Hodge does in his first injury-free year.

And even then it wouldn't be an even assessment as Wells (aerobically) is two or three years ahead of Hodge :rolleyes:

Do you know what the really, really sad thing is...

If we had played our cards right (pre-Miller) we could have had Wells AND Rodan AND Coughlan AND Johnson all for the cost of Ben Holland, Jay Schulz and the respective draft picks used.

That is depressing!

Originally posted by Hodge_is_God
Oh, and i forgot...what the f*** has Wells done...

ALFPA best first year player, Kangaroos best first year player, Rising star nominee (finished 4th), a weekly nomination for goal of the year and a member of the International Series squad.

Originally posted by speedy

Decided to pass on Hodge's first year stats, did we? Top 6 finish in the B&F 'aint a bad return for a 17 year old in his first season. Nobody denies Hodge was disappointing in his second season, but it was destroyed from the beginning by injury. Wells has had one pre-seaosn more than Hodge, and frankly did very little to impress anyone but North Melbourne fans desperate for a new messiah after the last one ****ed his teammates wife.

Lets see what Hodge does after a full pre-season.

As for your physically developed nonsense, Hodge was never expected to step straight into the midfield, and only after a couple years of conditioning will he be able to play there for four quarters.

In addition to getting at least as much of the pill (more in his first season), Hodge uses the ball much better than Wells, provides natural aggression like no other youngster in the game, and has the versatility to play almost any position on the ground.

Wells is overated. Hodge is underated. Coughlin is a gun. That'll do for me.

Originally posted by superstar
Wells has had one pre-seaosn more than Hodge, and frankly did very little to impress anyone but North Melbourne fans desperate for a new messiah after the last one ****ed his teammates wife.

"Did very little to impress anyone but North Melbourne fans"

Hmmmm....you've lost me here buddy. Taking one side of an argument is one thing, but talking sh*t out of your ar*e and resorting to cheap shots to justify a position is another thing all together.

Hodge is a gun player. As a Roos supporter, I'll admit that. He played a ripper game against us in Round 20. He's a tough nut with great skills.

But to say Wells has impressed noone makes you look stupid. He's impressed a lot of people, you should also take into account that he was played on and off the bench for most of the season.

They're different players, etc, etc. I'd love to have Hodge at North and you're joking yourself if you're saying you wouldn't have Wells at Hawthorn.

Originally posted by superstar
Decided to pass on Hodge's first year stats, did we? Top 6 finish in the B&F 'aint a bad return for a 17 year old in his first season. Nobody denies Hodge was disappointing in his second season, but it was destroyed from the beginning by injury. Wells has had one pre-seaosn more than Hodge, and frankly did very little to impress anyone but North Melbourne fans desperate for a new messiah after the last one ****ed his teammates wife.

Hodge's high finish in Hawthorn's B&F says more about your soft-arse, front running, pansie outfit than it does about the calibre of player. Good to see the player is taking in the current Hawthorn club culture and performing when expectations are low but failing when a bit of pressure is put on.

Remove this Banner Ad

D-Rod Or Wells?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back