D1 - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is everyone's grounds holding up at this time of the year? NOBS is in pretty ordinary condition but probably as good if not better than last year. Probably playable come round one just.

Assuming werribee, friars and mentones grounds are all a treat.
Assuming BT, SMD, Peninsula are disgraceful.

Whats Willi and Monash grounds like?

Basis for assumptions? SMD probably have marquee's on their's as we speak, I can see them from across the lake.

How is everyone's grounds holding up at this time of the year? NOBS is in pretty ordinary condition but probably as good if not better than last year. Probably playable come round one just.

Down for the the Friars BBQ and all grounds are in amazing condition! Was very impressed with big numbers, they are talking of having 4 senior teams. Seems like the players we have picked up from Blackburn have fitted in well and along with plenty of young guys should see the Friars with good depth going into the year ahead.

I would have thought that both Monash & Peninsula grounds would be good!! NOBS ground always a bit dodgy, funny bounce out there.

Down for the the Friars BBQ and all grounds are in amazing condition! Was very impressed with big numbers, they are talking of having 4 senior teams. Seems like the players we have picked up from Blackburn have fitted in well and along with plenty of young guys should see the Friars with good depth going into the year ahead.

I would have thought that both Monash & Peninsula grounds would be good!! NOBS ground always a bit dodgy, funny bounce out there.
Yeah Peninsula is normalyl a treat this time of year, and Monash like the MCG

Skye Football Club Div 2 Southern Football League are seeking a practice match on March 27th. We will have a ground available. PM me if anyone is interested.

Congrats to D Teasdale on his recent engagement to the lovely Carolyn Jones. Baby due 9 months from the trivia night when the romance blossomed. Well played teasa

Just recieved some disturbing news that david teasdale (mentioned in the above post) has traded in the footy boots to concentrate on his improving hockey career. Recent reports suggest that young david has not been off cloud nine since that fateful trivia night

was watching the districts @training last night saw a few new heads that looked very impressive where have they come from may make a big difference to their chances of making finals this year

Willy ground isnt too bad - seen it a lot worse!!

Bit quiet on the forum. Hope it doesnt reflect the quality of footy for the year.

CY's up in grade for the second year in a row - big challange ahead for us.

Our team bonding 'event' planned for Super Saturday will be a good kick-off for the year!!

Quite right Jack, Monash will be A1 again. Looking forward to checking out some new grounds (for us) in 2010 around the traps....to my knowledge we have never played SMD, Werribee or Peninsula before.

Something must be in the water down Werribee with 10 players having applied for clearances. Any of these players significant losses, I notice one of them was a "Lee". Is their an explanation for such a mass exodus?

On the other hand Aquinas have seem to gotten very lucky with their signings. 38 incoming recruits would be close to a record wouldn't it? I enjoyed the coaches report on the new players on the Aquinas website.

2010:

Werribee
NOBs
Bulleen Templestowe
Whitefriars
Aquinas
Monash Blues
Williamstown
Old Mentonians
Peninsula
SMD

More confident in the lower half of the ladder than the top half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

willy about right on that list as they have many retirees and 3 overseas, all new recruits are from local U18 teams. probably an U23 side at this stage but will give this comp a shake in 1-2 years if they can avoid relegation. always hard to beat at home, so hopefully they can hang in.

Something must be in the water down Werribee with 10 players having applied for clearances. Any of these players significant losses, I notice one of them was a "Lee". Is their an explanation for such a mass exodus?

The thing in the water is called faeces, and its been there for ages.

In all seriousness, 3 played seniors last year, 1 all year 1 for part of the year and 1 for one game. One of the names was a coach from last year, while majority of the rest haven't played there for a couple of years. The Lee is not Cam who was there last year either. Couple of quality losses but will be more than made up for with some u18's/u19's coming up.

2010:

Werribee
NOBs
Bulleen Templestowe
Whitefriars
Aquinas
Monash Blues
Williamstown
Old Mentonians
Peninsula
SMD

More confident in the lower half of the ladder than the top half.
Whitefriars
.Werribee
.SMD
.Aquinas
.NOBS
.Monash
.Bulleen Temp
.Peninsula
.Old Mentone
.Williamstown

how can either of you place the two grandfinalists that came up from d2 at the bottom? naive to say the least

I haven't placed any other team anywhere, just my opinion on BT.

To be honest I wouldn't know how the other teams are tracking and it would be fair to say that Both teams coming down from C would be around the mark, the finalists that didn't go up to C grade would most likely again be around the top 4, and then the grand finalists from D2 I think you could expect one to be pushing for finals with the other probably not troubling the top 4.

Will be interesting but as no one really knows how every other team is travelling, there could be a side come from nowhere or there could be a side that thought they were a good chance slide considerably.

Judging the sides coming up from D2 is fraught with danger.

Werribee were awesome last year whilst ESL were battling from the get-go.
Contrasting fortunes belie contrasting programmes with the Bees neatly integrated with a strong junior program and ESL bereft of much support in any areas quite frankly.

I'd suggest Willy should go pretty well this season (say 4th - 7th), Peninsula maybe a couple of rungs lower.

As an aside the Bees lock horns with Fitzroy this Saturday in a D1 preliminary final rematch (of sorts). The Roys list looks substantially different to 6 months ago. We're a lot younger in 2010 and we expect a solid PM hit-out against quality opposition. Hopefully the wind stays away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back